What's new
USCHO Fan Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • The USCHO Fan Forum has migrated to a new plaform, xenForo. Most of the function of the forum should work in familiar ways. Please note that you can switch between light and dark modes by clicking on the gear icon in the upper right of the main menu bar. We are hoping that this new platform will prove to be faster and more reliable. Please feel free to explore its features.

Movies 2026: Shame and Money

TIL Blofeld's Chinese scientist in Goldfinger is Cato from the Pink Panther.

65a5e13b340baf31-600x338.jpg
 
The Substance. D.

Saved from an F simply by the premise, which while a hoary trope did have a few nice touches. But after that... this is one of the worst movies I've ever seen all the way through. Most truly awful movies are obvious and I don't even start them. This was a bait and switch.

My favorite review included the phrase "lack of subtlety."
 
The Substance. D.

Saved from an F simply by the premise, which while a hoary trope did have a few nice touches. But after that... this is one of the worst movies I've ever seen all the way through. Most truly awful movies are obvious and I don't even start them. This was a bait and switch.

My favorite review included the phrase "lack of subtlety."
I got 10 minutes in and I couldn't keep it on.
 
Watched Full Metal Jacket last night (2nd or 3rd time), and never realized Stanley Kubrick directed it, and credited in the screenplay too. From his first film The Killing (really liked that one) to this one (his last btw) he's had a hand in some really great movies.
 
TIL that the actor that played Parker Lewis was in a long string of cult-classic (B movie?) made-for-television monster and creature feature movies with glorious titles such as Mansquito, Lake Placid vs Anaconda, RoboCroc, etc. I'll never see any of them but hey man a dude's gotta pay the bills.
 
SF Channel original content?

Did he play:
  1. Dad estranged from child; they mend their relationship during the struggle, or
  2. Disgraced fringe scientist nobody listens to when he says it's Giant Toads but ex-wife works at the White House?
Those are the two age-appropriate roles available to him in those movies.
 
Last edited:
SF Channel original content?

Did he play:
  1. Dad estranged from child; they mend their relationship during the struggle, or
  2. Disgraced fringe scientist nobody listens to when he says it's Giant Toads but ex-wife works at the White House?
Those are the two age-appropriate roles available to him in those movies.
Kep I hope I never find out. :LOL:
 
Back
Top