Timothy A
Let's go RED!
I also hate the 5th year rule, but I don't want to push any top end talent out the door.Hopefully, Mac moves on to the PWHL.
Did I mention that I hate the new 5 year eligibility rules?![]()
I also hate the 5th year rule, but I don't want to push any top end talent out the door.Hopefully, Mac moves on to the PWHL.
Did I mention that I hate the new 5 year eligibility rules?![]()
I think I'm on the other side but it is going to be tough. If all five seniors stay, then you have to tell 5 of the 8 recruits, who are some of the top recruits in the country, we don't have room for you. That will be a really bad look. Plus you end up with a class with only 3 players, which will really screw things up down road. For me, I would rather have the 5 recruits for 4 years, than the 5 players for 1 year. The transfer portal is going to return to the chaos of the covid extra year, but now it won't go away.I also hate the 5th year rule, but I don't want to push any top end talent out the door.
Every school is in the same boat... it's not going to be easy... of course not every school wants their seniors to stay.I think I'm on the other side but it is going to be tough. If all five seniors stay, then you have to tell 5 of the 8 recruits, who are some of the top recruits in the country, we don't have room for you. That will be a really bad look. Plus you end up with a class with only 3 players, which will really screw things up down road. For me, I would rather have the 5 recruits for 4 years, than the 5 players for 1 year. The transfer portal is going to return to the chaos of the covid extra year, but now it won't go away.
I'm not well-informed on this subject, but I would have guessed that coaches will generally feel the same way. There will be exceptions, sure, but in order to promote the long-term health of their programs, won't most coaches sort of nudge (push?) most eligible 5th-years into the portal (or the real world) in order to make way for the incoming class?For me, I would rather have the 5 recruits for 4 years, than the 5 players for 1 year.
If I were a coach, I'd cull the herd of players that aren't working out like you had hoped they would to keep the 5th year players you want and have room for the new recruits. It's a bit cut throat and I am a huge loyalty guy, so I don't feel good about it, but why keep a C player and lose an A to someone else? That's essentially what is happening already with the portal in other sports, including men's hockey.I'm not well-informed on this subject, but I would have guessed that coaches will generally feel the same way. There will be exceptions, sure, but in order to promote the long-term health of their programs, won't most coaches sort of nudge (push?) most eligible 5th-years into the portal (or the real world) in order to make way for the incoming class?
There is a video on their Facebook page posted yesterday. Jones is in full gear for practice.Jones was on skates while she took part in the banner raising. That doesn't necessarily mean she isn't in a boot the rest of the time. But she was on the ice skating.
Volleyball players will "regularly" spend their off time walking around in a boot, and then play when game time comes. I remember one year, the UW team was introduced during a break at a football game, and there were four or five of them wearing boots out on the field. Hockey could be a different thing altogether, I don't know. But at least with VB, "boot" doesn't necessarily equate to "not available".There is a video on their Facebook page posted yesterday. Jones is in full gear for practice.
There is an airport picture and she's in it, so she's at least on the plane.There is a video on their Facebook page posted yesterday. Jones is in full gear for practice.