What's new
USCHO Fan Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • The USCHO Fan Forum has migrated to a new plaform, xenForo. Most of the function of the forum should work in familiar ways. Please note that you can switch between light and dark modes by clicking on the gear icon in the upper right of the main menu bar. We are hoping that this new platform will prove to be faster and more reliable. Please feel free to explore its features.

Wisconsin Women's Hockey 2026-27

One of whom was in uniform for the first time this year, coming off an injury. Kudos to her.

I wasn't specifically watching for it (and then there's the "televised from Ohio State" factor), but I'm sure I saw Lauren Johnson out at least once each game. But not much more than that.
Johnson had an assist on Kimbrel's goal. I don't know if they were out together but Beaudette got some time also. My guess would be they each got a couple shifts, but separately with Potter. After a quick check, Potter got the other assist on Kimbrel's goal.

Edit: UW has Scannell with the assist and not Johnson. I was looking at CHN game stats.

Edit 2: The UW article has Scannell, but the UW box score does have Johnson.
 
Last edited:
I don't have any qualms about losing in a fair fight, but having those 2 d gone for this series just took the wind out of the sails. Not only are they poised puck movers and play sticky transition d, but they also kill penalties. It irritates me greatly that the uneducated masses will have no knowledge of the circumstances of this series.

The players had the wrong mindset going into the series with all the stupid physical penalties right out of the gate, showed a lot of immaturity. They needed to play a calm game. They better learn from it because we all know that will try to be exploited in game 3.

I'd love to see the TOI for the d for each game.
There is no asterisk of circumstances. Both teams were missing players. The Badgers had as much opportunity to win as the Buckeyes. Wisconsin had more power play time than OSU but failed to convert as well being out scored 4-2 with the player advantage. Wisconsin's goaltending needed to be better under the "circumstances". We'll see who learns what when they meet again, but I know you already have an asterisk for the outdoor game.
 
Back
Top