I watched it live too (well, as best I could with the low-def, terrible camera work broadcast). There were certainly some frustrating moments, but give credit to the AKF goalie who had over 40 saves.
- I was most surprised by how good Wang looked. Most of the chatter was that he was a project and he would need some time to adapt. He looked very comfortable out there, and JP had him out there to start OT. He was showing off his skating on that shift until the matching penalties that like everything else, we didn't get to see a replay of.
- I was also very impressed (and surprised) with Celebrini. He looked very good and I take back my comment earlier that he should be on the third pairing on a good team.
- XV on the other hand - I think he is going to need some time to adjust. He looked nervous, often mishandling the puck. And certainly not showing any Hutston-like moves. But it's one game, I'm not going to be too harsh.
- Amico certainly looked improved.
- Lawrence looked good as expected. Somewhere I predicted he was have 45 points this season, and I feel good about that prediction.
- I also thought Malhotra looked solid for his first NCAA game.I could see him taking around 10 games to adjust and then just starting to dominate.
- Strong game by Yegorov.
- Too many penalties please, and the PP could struggle for a bit.