1. Since I'm in Long Beach, CA, I l savored the 8 pm Pacific start time last night. Most often, I'm too busy to stop and watch 4 pm Pacific start times. I mostly watch ESPN+ On Demand replays. I don't love paying $40 to watch these two games (then cancel) FloSports TV, but whatever. The video production was rough (as expected) but Fairbanks announcers were not horrible. Of course, I miss Bernie & Mark though I heard them during the first few minutes of P-1 via the radio stream. I hope Bernie submits an audition tape for the Boston Mayor's Logan Greeting contest - recording a vintage Boston accent to Welcome visitors. All major cities should do likewise. Welcome to JFK & LGA in a New York accent, O'Hare / Chicago, LAX / Valley Girl, SFO/Mandarin (Just kidding!) (not!) I digress.
2. Congrats to the Terrier men on the OT victory. To me, Periods 1 and 2 were the equivalent of two preseason games. A few flashes of Terrier brilliance, but mostly jittery nerves producing chaotic, scary minutes while we got our game legs under us. The up and down pace from Opening Puck Drop was blinding and undisciplined. Yegorov saved our bacon. We looked a little better in the second, but we got stood up repeatedly at the Blue Line. Who's going to be our go-to guy to carry the puck into the O-Zone and distribute? Zegras was good at it back in the day - as was Fensore - and of course Lane. Since then, no one as sure handed. In the third, the Terriers gained confidence and began to play as a unit, especially in the last 5 minutes.
3. Be interesting to see how BC plays in their home opener next Friday night against this same opponent. Playing Alaska Fairbanks at Conte s a huge advantage for the Eagles. As frequent flyers know all too well, flying four times zones East jars the body's circadian rhythm. The Eagles should dominate.
4. I'm stoked about tonight's Game 2. Now that our guys understand a little more about each other and about Fairbank's structure, I hope we come out flying as a unit, score early and often. Kind of like Quinnipiac did last night versus New Hampshire. Go B.U.
2. Congrats to the Terrier men on the OT victory. To me, Periods 1 and 2 were the equivalent of two preseason games. A few flashes of Terrier brilliance, but mostly jittery nerves producing chaotic, scary minutes while we got our game legs under us. The up and down pace from Opening Puck Drop was blinding and undisciplined. Yegorov saved our bacon. We looked a little better in the second, but we got stood up repeatedly at the Blue Line. Who's going to be our go-to guy to carry the puck into the O-Zone and distribute? Zegras was good at it back in the day - as was Fensore - and of course Lane. Since then, no one as sure handed. In the third, the Terriers gained confidence and began to play as a unit, especially in the last 5 minutes.
3. Be interesting to see how BC plays in their home opener next Friday night against this same opponent. Playing Alaska Fairbanks at Conte s a huge advantage for the Eagles. As frequent flyers know all too well, flying four times zones East jars the body's circadian rhythm. The Eagles should dominate.
4. I'm stoked about tonight's Game 2. Now that our guys understand a little more about each other and about Fairbank's structure, I hope we come out flying as a unit, score early and often. Kind of like Quinnipiac did last night versus New Hampshire. Go B.U.