What's new
USCHO Fan Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • The USCHO Fan Forum has migrated to a new plaform, xenForo. Most of the function of the forum should work in familiar ways. Please note that you can switch between light and dark modes by clicking on the gear icon in the upper right of the main menu bar. We are hoping that this new platform will prove to be faster and more reliable. Please feel free to explore its features.

RPI 2026-27: Houston Field House, We Have Lift-off!

Unless there is a broad desire for a change, I will continue to count shootout victories and losses as ties. Wins and losses in OT will be the same as regulation wins and losses, respectively, even though OT is not 5 on 5.

After a win that thread's starter will start the thread for the next game. After a loss or tie, anyone else can start the next thread, That thread must be started after midnight. Threads should be posted in the Score Updates forum https://fanforum.uscho.com/forums/score-updates.19/ .
With this board running as slow as molasses not so sure the scores thread will be maintained during a game well. I find being able to post simply a hit or miss situation. And this is when there is virtually no activity on here. i can only imagine the delay when there are tons of posts during 30 or 40 or more games in progress.
 
With this board running as slow as molasses not so sure the scores thread will be maintained during a game well. I find being able to post simply a hit or miss situation. And this is when there is virtually no activity on here. i can only imagine the delay when there are tons of posts during 30 or 40 or more games in progress.
I don't want to jinx it, but there were no problems last weekend.
 
I don't want to jinx it, but there were no problems last weekend.
There is a much larger slate of games today - not that I am sure that makes a difference. Just very frustrating to try to post and have to wait 10 minutes or more at times and have a few times where you cannot get on for much longer.
 
I remember that. What a debacle that was for a new league and a new franchise that spent a lot of money luring big names from the NHL. Biggest waste of money was around 3 million for a washed up over the hill Derek Sanderson.

What arena was that? I don't think it was the old Spectrum where the Flyers played.
The Blazers played at Convention Hall, former home of the 76ers and before them, the Warriors. As far as I know, hockey had never been played at Convention Hall prior to the Blazers' arrival. Previous Philadelphia pro hockey teams (other than the Flyers) had played at the ancient Philadelphia Arena.

The Spectrum had its own problem in its initial season of 1967-68, when part of the roof blew off during a windstorm. The Flyers had to play a number of scheduled home games on the road.
 
There is a much larger slate of games today - not that I am sure that makes a difference. Just very frustrating to try to post and have to wait 10 minutes or more at times and have a few times where you cannot get on for much longer.
I don't think that the problem has anything to do with legitimate posters.
 
Channel 10 had a deep roster of sports reporters. Griffin Haas and Tommy Valentine are the best in the business right now. Now that Haas got the promotion to anchor, Balentine is clearly head and shoulders above everyone else
 
Back
Top