What's new
USCHO Fan Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • The USCHO Fan Forum has migrated to a new plaform, xenForo. Most of the function of the forum should work in familiar ways. Please note that you can switch between light and dark modes by clicking on the gear icon in the upper right of the main menu bar. We are hoping that this new platform will prove to be faster and more reliable. Please feel free to explore its features.

UNH Wildcats TD Garden and Beyond 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: UNH Wildcats TD Garden and Beyond 2015

UConn and NICC are leaving HEA for B1G.

An excellent guess! My best take ('tho what this has to do with athletic salaries at UConn is anybody's guess) = new third jerseys - or maybe even replacements for their standard home/away unis - 'featuring' the new NH shield logo and variant shade of blue! I've never really warmed to their current jerseys - that replaced the outline UNH script with the 'fat font' - and I'm sure I'd hate these even more. But given the warnings given earlier in this thread to expect quite a buzz, I don't think something as prosaic as this would rise to that level of angst ...
 
Re: UNH Wildcats TD Garden and Beyond 2015

MANCHESTER (WIS) - Shock waves were felt all around the New Hampshire hockey community this evening with the surprise disclosure that several key members of the UNH Men's Hockey team have decided to sign pro contracts, and will not be returning to Durham in the Fall of 2015 to complete their college careers.

Word emerged late Monday night through a series of highly dubious and intoxicated sources that returning senior forward/captain Collin MacDonald, senior forward/assistant captain Maxim Gaudreault, and senior defenseman Harry "Killer" Quast had agreed to terms as the first-ever signings of the Manchester Monarchs (Mach II) of the ECHL, and will be reporting to Kings' training camp at around the time their now-former UNH teammates will be returning to campus for the start of classes. The defections en masse are expected to hit the 'Cats hard, as all three were projected to be prominent leaders on and off the ice in Durham this coming season.

WIS attempted to contact current interim Ontario Reign GM Ryan Cordeiro for comment, but were told he was vacationing in the Yukon and would not be back for an extended period of time ("until something or another froze over"). Suspicions point to former Merrimack stalwarts Joe Cannata and Kyle Bigos as current members of the soon-to-be-relocating Reign/Monarchs who may have played a role in raiding the 'Cats of some of their brightest prospects. Neither of those prospects/suspects were available for comment tonight either.

WIS was able to contact legendary UNH Men's Hockey head coach Dick Umile this evening, and although Coach Umile was initially a little confused about the nature of the hard-hitting news, and its likely impact to the program next season, he was eventually able to collect his thoughts and tell this reporter that "I really wish all those guys the best, y'know. It won't be easy replacing the quality production we had planned to get from Lanny and Johnny up front next season. And as far as the big ginger kid at the end of the bench, well, I'll tellya we really haven't had that kind of presence from a 7th defenseman since Kippy left a few years ago. Huge losses. But Stewie says he's got a few guys from Meffa lined up just in case we took some late unexpected hits, so we'll do our best to cope. All the best to those kids, they will do us proud for a coupla years before heading over to Europe to light it up, just like Stevie did, god bless him and his new contract."

When pressed for answers or insights into what action would be taken to fill the vast leadership chasm created by this mass defection, Coach Umile wouldn't commit, but did say he'd discuss things "soon" with remaining assistant captain Dan Correale, and review options for replacement selections, including drawing lots, duck-duck-goose, rock-paper-scissors, using the random select sofotware feature of the soon-to-be-arriving Jumbotron, thumb wrestling "and the other things we've usually done to figure these things out since Foles left."

Stay tuned for further breaking news as this shocker reverberates across the NH hockey landscape.
 
Personally I'd be surprised if TvR gets any playing time at all this season. Can't imagine he would be "game ready" and with the criticism Coach Q received after what game 4 was it on his choice of line up I would be amazed. Thrilled of course if it happens!

ALaw (Amy Lawrence, grew up in NH) mentioned TvR on her national CBS Sports radio show tonight (about 4 am EDT). Maybe she would entertain a special segment with Felger and Murray next winter?
 
Re: UNH Wildcats TD Garden and Beyond 2015

ALaw (Amy Lawrence, grew up in NH) mentioned TvR on her national CBS Sports radio show tonight (about 4 am EDT). Maybe she would entertain a special segment with Felger and Murray next winter?

It would take an Act of Congress to get me up that early. :eek:
 
Re: UNH Wildcats TD Garden and Beyond 2015

MANCHESTER (WIS) - Shock waves were felt all around the New Hampshire hockey community this evening with the surprise disclosure that several key members of the UNH Men's Hockey team have decided to sign pro contracts, and will not be returning to Durham in the Fall of 2015 to complete their college careers.

Word emerged late Monday night through a series of highly dubious and intoxicated sources that returning senior forward/captain Collin MacDonald, senior forward/assistant captain Maxim Gaudreault, and senior defenseman Harry "Killer" Quast had agreed to terms as the first-ever signings of the Manchester Monarchs (Mach II) of the ECHL, and will be reporting to Kings' training camp at around the time their now-former UNH teammates will be returning to campus for the start of classes. The defections en masse are expected to hit the 'Cats hard, as all three were projected to be prominent leaders on and off the ice in Durham this coming season.

WIS attempted to contact current interim Ontario Reign GM Ryan Cordeiro for comment, but were told he was vacationing in the Yukon and would not be back for an extended period of time ("until something or another froze over"). Suspicions point to former Merrimack stalwarts Joe Cannata and Kyle Bigos as current members of the soon-to-be-relocating Reign/Monarchs who may have played a role in raiding the 'Cats of some of their brightest prospects. Neither of those prospects/suspects were available for comment tonight either.

WIS was able to contact legendary UNH Men's Hockey head coach Dick Umile this evening, and although Coach Umile was initially a little confused about the nature of the hard-hitting news, and its likely impact to the program next season, he was eventually able to collect his thoughts and tell this reporter that "I really wish all those guys the best, y'know. It won't be easy replacing the quality production we had planned to get from Lanny and Johnny up front next season. And as far as the big ginger kid at the end of the bench, well, I'll tellya we really haven't had that kind of presence from a 7th defenseman since Kippy left a few years ago. Huge losses. But Stewie says he's got a few guys from Meffa lined up just in case we took some late unexpected hits, so we'll do our best to cope. All the best to those kids, they will do us proud for a coupla years before heading over to Europe to light it up, just like Stevie did, god bless him and his new contract."

When pressed for answers or insights into what action would be taken to fill the vast leadership chasm created by this mass defection, Coach Umile wouldn't commit, but did say he'd discuss things "soon" with remaining assistant captain Dan Correale, and review options for replacement selections, including drawing lots, duck-duck-goose, rock-paper-scissors, using the random select sofotware feature of the soon-to-be-arriving Jumbotron, thumb wrestling "and the other things we've usually done to figure these things out since Foles left."

Stay tuned for further breaking news as this shocker reverberates across the NH hockey landscape.

Brilliant as always Chuck!! :) :) :)
 
Re: UNH Wildcats TD Garden and Beyond 2015

MANCHESTER (WIS) - In the wake of yesterday's dubious disclosures surrounding the impending shock departures of several key UNH Men's Hockey stalwarts to the pro ranks, various indicted sources close to WIS continued to weave a more insidious tale today, as the murkiness surrounding the program's immediate AND long-term future came under even closer specu - oops - scrutiny.

It has emerged overnight through a series of coded messages found floating in the Oyster River that long-time associate head coach Scott Borek may in fact be the person pulling the strings behind the scenes, as his image was caught on surveillance outside of Club Manchvegas at midnight as he was apparently leaving a "meeting" with the current Monarchs' top brass. Borek - a former D-1 head coach at Lake State, who had interviewed most recently for the vacant UMass job in 2012 - has long been rumored to be the successor in waiting behind current legendary UNH head coach Dick Umile, as evidenced by last year's departure of assistant Jim Tortorella for a non-hockey job. Our completely unreliable and borderline felonious sources at the time cited a "power struggle" as the true reason for Coach Tort's departure for the relative comfort and security of running a substance abuse program in Maine. Borek is believed to have "lost patience" with Coach Umile's retirement timeline, and is now the leading candidate to coach the Monarchs Mach II in '15/'16.

WIS once again reached out to Coach Umile for further comment this morning, but he did not return our (collect) calls.

Stay tuned for further far-fetched guesswork and downright storytelling as the issue of Coach Borek's replacement comes into focus.
 
Re: UNH Wildcats TD Garden and Beyond 2015

what happened to the thoughts on the coaching changes? is it borek or stewart leaving?
 
Re: UNH Wildcats TD Garden and Beyond 2015

MANCHESTER (WIS) - In the wake of yesterday's dubious disclosures surrounding the impending shock departures of several key UNH Men's Hockey stalwarts to the pro ranks, various indicted sources close to WIS continued to weave a more insidious tale today, as the murkiness surrounding the program's immediate AND long-term future came under even closer specu - oops - scrutiny.

It has emerged overnight through a series of coded messages found floating in the Oyster River that long-time associate head coach Scott Borek may in fact be the person pulling the strings behind the scenes, as his image was caught on surveillance outside of Club Manchvegas at midnight as he was apparently leaving a "meeting" with the current Monarchs' top brass. Borek - a former D-1 head coach at Lake State, who had interviewed most recently for the vacant UMass job in 2012 - has long been rumored to be the successor in waiting behind current legendary UNH head coach Dick Umile, as evidenced by last year's departure of assistant Jim Tortorella for a non-hockey job. Our completely unreliable and borderline felonious sources at the time cited a "power struggle" as the true reason for Coach Tort's departure for the relative comfort and security of running a substance abuse program in Maine. Borek is believed to have "lost patience" with Coach Umile's retirement timeline, and is now the leading candidate to coach the Monarchs Mach II in '15/'16.

WIS once again reached out to Coach Umile for further comment this morning, but he did not return our (collect) calls.

Stay tuned for further far-fetched guesswork and downright storytelling as the issue of Coach Borek's replacement comes into focus.

Brilliant!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top