BlackBearHockeyFan
Well-known member
Tied 2-2
More than likely. Maybe we will pull a Holy Cross and steal one.Going get smoked by Quinnipiac
This was a game tonight that last year Maine would have lost 4-0, or worse. You never like to lose, especially to AHA, but Cross is a good program, and it's still Week 1 of a season with half the roster turned over, and on the road. Even though they "should" have won, I'm not willing to call it a terrible weekend or declare the season over just off that alone. The late discipline was an issue, but it hadn't been a problem the rest of the weekend. I do come away a little bit concerned about goaltending still, however. Boija was mostly good but did allow a goal in a very familiar fashion, and I wasn't particularly impressed with PWS.
Those were both at Alfond Arena, and in neither of them was Maine trailing 2-0 in the third period before subsequently taking four penalties. The resilience we saw tonight to come back and tie the score, with two goals in less than seventy seconds, would have been nowhere to be found last season.Maine beat HC 5-2 and 6-0 last year.
Scoring is the concernThis was a game tonight that last year Maine would have lost 4-0, or worse. You never like to lose, especially to AHA, but Cross is a good program, and it's still Week 1 of a season with half the roster turned over, and on the road. Even though they "should" have won, I'm not willing to call it a terrible weekend or declare the season over just off that alone. The late discipline was an issue, but it hadn't been a problem the rest of the weekend. I do come away a little bit concerned about goaltending still, however. Boija was mostly good but did allow a goal in a very familiar fashion, and I wasn't particularly impressed with PWS.
No disagreement here. I believe until last year all of Barr's teams have ranked highly in terms of not taking penalties, so hopefully they can return to that form this year.5 penalties in the 3rd and another in OT. If the identity is grinding out wins and strong D - discipline needs to be a hallmark as well