What's new
USCHO Fan Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • The USCHO Fan Forum has migrated to a new plaform, xenForo. Most of the function of the forum should work in familiar ways. Please note that you can switch between light and dark modes by clicking on the gear icon in the upper right of the main menu bar. We are hoping that this new platform will prove to be faster and more reliable. Please feel free to explore its features.

UMaine '26-'27: The Bridge On the River Stillwater

Weird coaching decisions today by Maine football and hockey coaches. Of course both games end up with embarrassing losses. They are being paid $280K and $445K respectively.
 
This was a game tonight that last year Maine would have lost 4-0, or worse. You never like to lose, especially to AHA, but Cross is a good program, and it's still Week 1 of a season with half the roster turned over, and on the road. Even though they "should" have won, I'm not willing to call it a terrible weekend or declare the season over just off that alone. The late discipline was an issue, but it hadn't been a problem the rest of the weekend. I do come away a little bit concerned about goaltending still, however. Boija was mostly good but did allow a goal in a very familiar fashion, and I wasn't particularly impressed with PWS.
 
This was a game tonight that last year Maine would have lost 4-0, or worse. You never like to lose, especially to AHA, but Cross is a good program, and it's still Week 1 of a season with half the roster turned over, and on the road. Even though they "should" have won, I'm not willing to call it a terrible weekend or declare the season over just off that alone. The late discipline was an issue, but it hadn't been a problem the rest of the weekend. I do come away a little bit concerned about goaltending still, however. Boija was mostly good but did allow a goal in a very familiar fashion, and I wasn't particularly impressed with PWS.

Maine beat HC 5-2 and 6-0 last year.
 
This was a game tonight that last year Maine would have lost 4-0, or worse. You never like to lose, especially to AHA, but Cross is a good program, and it's still Week 1 of a season with half the roster turned over, and on the road. Even though they "should" have won, I'm not willing to call it a terrible weekend or declare the season over just off that alone. The late discipline was an issue, but it hadn't been a problem the rest of the weekend. I do come away a little bit concerned about goaltending still, however. Boija was mostly good but did allow a goal in a very familiar fashion, and I wasn't particularly impressed with PWS.
Scoring is the concern
 
I was at the game and had a terrible view of the end Maine shot on twice, where it seemed like most of the game was played. 55 miserable minutes followed by 5 great ones then another dumb penalty in OT. Holy Cross seemed comfortable to just sit back and park the bus after getting their 1-0 lead.

Parekh is a huge surprise, I had zero expectations coming in but he's just so calm with the puck on his stick. He was getting in peoples faces after the whistle and was doing his best to throw hits too. I also thought Usereau looked good. I had a very low opinion of him as a player after last year, but he looks like he has settled in nicely to the college game. I think the points will start coming for him, hopefully soon because they're going to need it for Quinnipiac.
 
Back
Top