What's new
USCHO Fan Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • The USCHO Fan Forum has migrated to a new plaform, xenForo. Most of the function of the forum should work in familiar ways. Please note that you can switch between light and dark modes by clicking on the gear icon in the upper right of the main menu bar. We are hoping that this new platform will prove to be faster and more reliable. Please feel free to explore its features.

Boston University Terriers 2026-2027 season…insert clever title here!

Scarlet

Opposite Girl
OK, so, the team is 1-0. It’s early October. They’re about as far away from Agganis as they can be to start the season. Pre-season nationally ranked at 16, picked to finish 3rd in Hockey East. After last year’s dismal season, I think that’s a bit high, but what do I know. I’m curious about all the new kids. And also some of the new older kids.

No one brought it up here but I saw when asked about last season, Jay didn’t want to talk about it and wanted to focus on this season. While I understand that sentiment, I feel like he has some responsibility to talk about last season. But that’s just me.

Anyway…can they sweep out there and open next weekend at 2-0?
 
I disagree. I think moving forward is the best approach. He spoke about last season at the end of the season. Clearly bad chemistry. Many new players to turn it around.
 
A much better showing for most of the game last night for BU. The first period was their best of the weekend. When it was still scoreless after 2, I thought - that's unfortunate, they are playing better, and yet they may not win.

- Bomber called the 4-spot on the off-season thread. Well done!
- I thought their breakout and play through the neutral zone was the big difference. Much better flow to get the puck down to the Alaska end of the ice.
- After game 1 I was complaining about the quality ("low def" of the broadcast and barely being able to make out the numbers). Last night was 100% improved, so perhaps I was having a wi-fi bandwidth issue for game 1. The camera work was still very poor, and the BU goal calls were once again terrible (as Scarlet noted on the other thread). Particularly the Bednarik goal. I mean, at least say "he scores" or "goal". Rather than respond like someone just kicked your dog.
- Norringer was a late replacement for Ritchie who was apparently sick. I thought Norringer looked good out there. He plays a physical game but showed some speed too. I could see him pressuring for a spot in the lineup.
-Congrats to Yegorov on a great weekend. 1 goal in two games.
- I thought the team defense was also very good. There were several times where a shot would come in and the rebound would end up to Yegorov's right, and it seemed like it could result in an easy tap in goal, but BU was tying up their guys effectively. This is how having 4 centers that play an effective 2-way game will help this team.
- Great to see Wang get rewarded for an impressive first two games. It seems the toe-drag move is one of his favorites - he did it at least 3 times over the two games.
- I hope Roukinakis is ok after that knee-on-knee hit. They never showed a replay. I know her did come back for a couple shifts, so that should be a good sign, but fingers crossed that he is completely fine.
 
Wang is very tall. The jacket they hand out in the locker room post game looked like it was for an 12 year old on him. They need one in a bigger size. And they really need to come up with a better nickname for him than Wanger. I said what I said.

Nice to see them come with a sweep and a solid win. Looking forward to seeing these guys play on Saturday.
 
Agreed on the nickname. "Wanger" conjures up "The Donger" of Sixteen Candles fame.

HTylYx1bQAAozYY
 
Save for a handful of penalties, we were more organized last night. Obviously, the penalty kill proved effective, thanks in no small part to Yegorov. The power play needs a sniper able to create a slice of space and finish. Says easy, does hard. The Terriers played with a sense of "patient urgency" which is Jay's mantra. Keep our foot on the pedal, stick to the game plan and good things will happen. It took 2.5 periods, but once we broke through, the Nanook's were drained. It's only two games, but this group seems business-like in their mindset. A number of new players gained confidence which is key. Relieved we didn't open with Quinnipiac (wow). Overall, very pleased with our effort.
 
Agree with everything said about last night, especially the need for a sniper--also for someone dynamic who can penetrate and score. The offense was competent and methodical, but needs to get more shots on net. BIg Mike has been great and a much improved defense has made him even better. A lot to build on here.
 
Back
Top