What's new
USCHO Fan Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • The USCHO Fan Forum has migrated to a new plaform, xenForo. Most of the function of the forum should work in familiar ways. Please note that you can switch between light and dark modes by clicking on the gear icon in the upper right of the main menu bar. We are hoping that this new platform will prove to be faster and more reliable. Please feel free to explore its features.

UVM 2026-27: Is This Our Year, When We Finish 8-10 in HEA?!?

2 goals on the first 4 shots of the season. Considering Wright had horrid numbers last year and both Oster + Silverstein have much better career numbers .. does anyone know why Wright is in net?
 
Talking to a former UVM student at game tonight in Waltham who had Tim Thomas’s old dorm room a few years after Tim graduated.
 
Last edited:
2 goals on the first 4 shots of the season. Considering Wright had horrid numbers last year and both Oster + Silverstein have much better career numbers .. does anyone know why Wright is in net?
I agree completely. I tuned in late to the radio broadcast and heard that earlier Wiedler explained in an interview why Wright was starting. Maybe both Silverstein and Oster were physically unavailable. If not, its inexplicable.
 
2 goals on the first 4 shots of the season. Considering Wright had horrid numbers last year and both Oster + Silverstein have much better career numbers .. does anyone know why Wright is in net?
OMG. it's horrifying to imagine what the likes of BU and PVD will do to us if we can't handle Bentley.
 
Jack Thurston: Hey coach, considering Aiden Wright had an .892 save percentage last year and Dylan Silverstein had a .912, do you think it would have given the Catamounts a better chance to win if you had started the objectively better goalie?
Steve Wiedler: Look, I'm just here to have a fun time. Wright is a swell dude. We can't score anyway - although we did a good job outshooting Bentley 30-22.
My wife: Wake up, you are screaming in your sleep again.
 
I was tempted to boycott a thread with such a gloom and doom disparaging name.
Glad you didn't boycott and thought your post was excellent. Wish I could share even a scintilla of your optimism, but I can’t. The team is bad and will continue to be bad absent some major changes like a legitimate coach and a legitimate arena. I don't see either of those two things ever happening. Thus, the best I can hope for is that we play above expectations and finish 8 to 10 in HE. Don't see that happening either. 🤷‍♂️
 
Last edited:
2 goals on the first 4 shots of the season. Considering Wright had horrid numbers last year and both Oster + Silverstein have much better career numbers .. does anyone know why Wright is in net?
One was a ricochet goal and the other was a well executed breakaway. But, I do hope that Wright isn't the best of the three.
 
Glad you didn't boycott and thought your post was excellent. Wish I could share even a scintilla of your optimism, but I can’t. The team is bad and will continue to be bad absent some major changes like a legitimate coach and a legitimate arena. I don't see either of those two things ever happening. Thus, the best I can hope for is that we play above expectations and finish 8 to 10 in HE. Don't see that happening either. 🤷‍♂️
TrainManagers
Thanks. I don't consider Wiedler to be illegitimate. I like what he has done with the team so far and I think he has the right vision for continuing improvement. I also appreciate his embracing of the history of the program, his temperament and he seems to be on top of the available analytics. Having said that, he will need to turn the positives into more W's over the next couple of years.
Like you, I also don't see UVM building a new arena. They decided against that years ago and I think they are all in on Gutterson. The renovations need to be completed and quickly. It can't properly handle the large crowds that better on ice results will bring. Gutterson's historical charm is a selling point, like Fenway is to baseball. But, the piped in music detracts from that. There would be a lot more traditional spontaneous "Go Cats Go!" chants if they just had the band accompaniment instead of having to compete with music or endless marketing announcements over the loudspeakers. I get particularly annoyed when they play the organ music. That's been a characteristic of many NHL rinks, but never at Gutterson. And they need to be smarter on what they play. After a Providence goal one time, they played the perfect accompaniment to a "Let's go Friars" chant. And, just a week ago, they played "Who let the dogs out?" at the women's game. That's not something you should hear when you're playing the Bulldogs!
I also don't think the team is bad. We both hope they will prove me right on that one.
 
Back
Top