What's new
USCHO Fan Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • The USCHO Fan Forum has migrated to a new plaform, xenForo. Most of the function of the forum should work in familiar ways. Please note that you can switch between light and dark modes by clicking on the gear icon in the upper right of the main menu bar. We are hoping that this new platform will prove to be faster and more reliable. Please feel free to explore its features.

UNH 2026-27 Season Let's Go 'Cats!

How many years does he need to "try something new"!? This is his ninth season as head coach, NINTH. If he hasn't figured it out by now, he's not going to.
It's all we can do, d.gerry. The program is currently hopeless but we're addicts. So we are here.
 

Mike McMahon posted and interesting preview for unh in his substack. Among his more interesting takes:

1. He has UNH at number 29 in the country and number 9 out of 11 in HE. Says a lot about what he thinks of HE. BTW, he thinks UNH is well ahead of 10 an 11.

2. Thinks UNH has no first line forwards but has multiple number 2 caliber lines. That's one heck of a back handed compliment.

3. Thinks fitzy and Carr are legit first line d-man but thinks neither are a true number 1 d-man.

4. Has Kendrick slightly ahead of Simpson for top goalie but notes it's very close.

5. "UNH is in the midst of making several investments in the program, including behind-the-scenes facility upgrades." We all know about the back room facility upgrades but
does anyone here know anything about the other of the "several" investments Mike references?

I think McMahon does an excellent job. I have no idea about his ability to see into the future, though. I suppose if it was a specialty of his he'd be on Wall Street or online gambling for a living.
 
Last edited:
Taking a shot at opening day lineups-
Ring-Lavins-Svartsrom (this line could be amazing)
Johnson-Vantassel-Guite
Newcombe-Gagnon-Oliver
Turner-Macdonald-Siedem

Fitzy-Vass (Vass is my pick for the most impactful transfer)
Philbrick-Carr
Von Richter-Plandowski

Simpson (I am hoping for a tandem with Kendrick)
 
Last edited:

Mike McMahon posted and interesting preview for unh in his substack. Among his more interesting takes:

1. He has UNH at number 29 in the country and number 9 out of 11 in HE. Says a lot about what he thinks of HE. BTW, he thinks UNH is well ahead of 10 an 11.

2. Thinks UNH has no first line forwards but has multiple number 2 caliber lines. That's one heck of a back handed compliment.

3. Thinks fitzy and Carr are legit first line d-man but thinks neither are a true number 1 d-man.

4. Has Kendrick slightly ahead of Simpson for top goalie but notes it's very close.

5. "UNH is in the midst of making several investments in the program, including behind-the-scenes facility upgrades." We all know about the back room facility upgrades but
does anyone here know anything about the other of the "several" investments Mike references?

I think McMahon does an excellent job. I have no idea about his ability to see into the future, though. I suppose if it was a specialty of his he'd be on Wall Street or online gambling for a living.
2. Thinks UNH has no first line forwards but has multiple number 2 caliber lines. That's one heck of a back handed compliment.
IMO, this has been UNH's #1 problem for nearly a decade. A team with some decent forwards, but not a single legit natural goal scorer. This excludes maybe Conmy, but we all know what happened there.
 
Taking a shot at opening day lineups-
Ring-Lavins-Svartsrom (this line could be amazing)
Johnson-Vantassel-Guite
Newcombe-Gagnon-Oliver
Turner-Macdonald-Siedem

Fitzy-Vass (Vass is my pick for the most impactful transfer)
Philbrick-Carr
Von Richter-Plandowski

Simpson (I am hoping for a tandem with Kendrick)
Line chart is out

Svartstrom-Lavins-Vantasell
Guite-Ring-Johnson
Newcombe-Gagnon-Zebeski
Oliver-MacDonald.Turner

Philbrick-Carr
Fitzgerald-De GAro
Vass- Von Richter

Carney
 
Now that almost 200 staples are out of my leg, there is hope that I will be able make the MSU series on a pair of crutches rather than a wheelchair.

Thank God this first stretch is in the road and I can watch tonight's game in TV.

@HockeyRef and @Chuck Murray : I will resist the temptation to skeeve out the boards with the photographic evidence of this surgery. I am afraid I would be banned forever
 
Back
Top