What's new
USCHO Fan Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • The USCHO Fan Forum has migrated to a new plaform, xenForo. Most of the function of the forum should work in familiar ways. Please note that you can switch between light and dark modes by clicking on the gear icon in the upper right of the main menu bar. We are hoping that this new platform will prove to be faster and more reliable. Please feel free to explore its features.

UMaine '26-'27: The Bridge On the River Stillwater

I know I'm not the only one but still haven't gotten my paper tickets. Considering I had to pay extra for that "perk" it's a little annoying that the season has started and I'm still waiting to know if I'm going to have to stand in a long-ass will call line on Friday/Saturday night.

Something tells me they're gonna use this as an excuse to go fully digital next season which would be a shame.
 
I know I'm not the only one but still haven't gotten my paper tickets. Considering I had to pay extra for that "perk" it's a little annoying that the season has started and I'm still waiting to know if I'm going to have to stand in a long-ass will call line on Friday/Saturday night.

Something tells me they're gonna use this as an excuse to go fully digital next season which would be a shame.
So they outsourced it to a 3rd party who couldnt get the job done. It probably cost them more than if the ticket office just did it like in years past, who used to do a good job with it.
I think soon what we will see is no ticket office. Just straight to ticketmaster or whoever with their fees. Now this would be shame andat that point I think Ill just walk away.
 
So they outsourced it to a 3rd party who couldnt get the job done. It probably cost them more than if the ticket office just did it like in years past, who used to do a good job with it.
I think soon what we will see is no ticket office. Just straight to ticketmaster or whoever with their fees. Now this would be shame andat that point I think Ill just walk away.
Based on the email they sent out, they referred to it as a ticket booklet which makes me wonder if they actually put together a bit nice than we've gotten in recent seasons with the usual "band 'em up and throw em in an envelope.'
 
Whatever. We're not talking Superbowl tickets that might have an actual value in the future. A stub of a mid-season Maine-UHN game is simply never going to have any value beyond sentimental. If they go full digital as they should, perhaps they'll give you the option to print a souvenir.
 
Why is fully digital a shame? And mind you, I'm a dinosaur. Everyone has a smartphone with the ability to pull up a ticket. It is so much more cost effective.
I understand the general convenience of digital tickets but I’ve always hated them. I do save them, and have started creating custom Black Bear cards that include the stubs in them for signatures. They are nice to have and I would hate to see them become a relic of advancing technology, even if that means I have to pay extra to get them.
 
Whatever. We're not talking Superbowl tickets that might have an actual value in the future. A stub of a mid-season Maine-UHN game is simply never going to have any value beyond sentimental. If they go full digital as they should, perhaps they'll give you the option to print a souvenir.
I understand the general convenience of digital tickets but I’ve always hated them. I do save them, and have started creating custom Black Bear cards that include the stubs in them for signatures. They are nice to have and I would hate to see them become a relic of advancing technology, even if that means I have to pay extra to get them.
I think both of you have the right idea. They should make digital the only option in the future......but also offer a commemorative ticket book each season at an additional cost. It would be a great way for the athletic department to raise more revenue and also offer fans a cool souvenir for each season.
 
The other issue is that if wifi or cell service is interrupted it becomes impossible to get your tickets. A few years ago my connection dropped as soon as I arrived on campus. Fortunately I had my paper ticket with me.
 
Back
Top