What's new
USCHO Fan Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • The USCHO Fan Forum has migrated to a new plaform, xenForo. Most of the function of the forum should work in familiar ways. Please note that you can switch between light and dark modes by clicking on the gear icon in the upper right of the main menu bar. We are hoping that this new platform will prove to be faster and more reliable. Please feel free to explore its features.

RPI 2026-27: Houston Field House, We Have Lift-off!

From what I can gather, the odds for our game against Army has not changed at all - probably because of a total lack of interest in betting on an exhibition game. Still almost dead even. What I have found though is very early odds on the Ohio State weekend having us as a 1.5 goal underdog for the first game. Not what I consider great but probably much better and closer than anything we would have seen a year ago.
 
I think these will be the D pairings for the first game. Good mix of offense/defense on each pair.

Michaels/Sobi
Byrz/Hildy
Guo/Klassen
Klassek is playing on the top pairing. No way he’s on the 3rd pairing. Him and sobi are going to play over 20 minutes a game. Motew is likely playing over hildy. I do think hildy will get some playing time though. He’s a solid defender
 
Sorry, I wasn’t putting them in order but I believe these are what they’ve been running with in practice and what we will see to start against Army next weekend. But time will tell.
Klassek is playing on the top pairing. No way he’s on the 3rd pairing. Him and sobi are going to play over 20 minutes a game. Motew is likely playing over hildy. I do think hildy will get some playing time though. He’s a solid defender
 
In honor of Guerin Slezak, today is 28 September 2026. There are 4 days until RPI's next game.


This is based upon 2 October 2026 for the start of next season.
 
From what I can gather, the odds for our game against Army has not changed at all - probably because of a total lack of interest in betting on an exhibition game. Still almost dead even. What I have found though is very early odds on the Ohio State weekend having us as a 1.5 goal underdog for the first game. Not what I consider great but probably much better and closer than anything we would have seen a year ago.
Thanks for the reminder Doc.... RPI couldn't be bothered to include the Army exhibition in the schedule posted online ....seriously folks, do we even have a sports information official or dept. ? BTW, that's a 6PM start time according to the ARMY website.
 
In looking at the Army roster for the upcoming exhibition game, I find it a little unusual that they have both a large number of very big players and a large number of rather small players. With not a whole lot in between. Several players at 6'2 -6'4 and just as many at 5'9 - 5-10. One thing will be for certain, they will all be in incredible physical shape even this early in the season and play a full 60 minute game as they always seem to do against us.
Also, looking at their roster, the major field of study for many of these boys is rather impressive. Not what you usually see from players at other schools.
 
Thanks for the reminder Doc.... RPI couldn't be bothered to include the Army exhibition in the schedule posted online ....seriously folks, do we even have a sports information official or dept. ? BTW, that's a 6PM start time according to the ARMY website.
lf not for everyone posting here, we would not be getting much information at all. I was not kidding a while back when I posted that we need to have a major in publicity and advertising at RPI. The RPI athletic website does not get updated nearly as it should be. And where is the complete information for each player such as height and weight?? At least we have that for football and we get a team photo to boot!!!
 
Over many years I have to say that we have put some of the most attractive ladies teams on the ice of any program. Competitive, sometimes. But attractive - you bet. I never expected to see that at RPI given the fact that in the 60's we were never sure without a buccal scraping if the so called ladies on campus had 2 XX chromosomes or not. With this group (and as a cosmetic surgeon/dermatologist I have made a detailed examination of the pictures posted for the roster, and going back several years, I wish I was 1/3 my current age and single!! Jenny does not mind this post at all since she realizes most of these young ladies could break me in two if I even tried anything!!!!
What i do miss is previously we posted a total squad picture and that has not been done the last couple years.
this is so odd. some thoughts should not be written out.
 
Thanks for the reminder Doc.... RPI couldn't be bothered to include the Army exhibition in the schedule posted online ....seriously folks, do we even have a sports information official or dept. ? BTW, that's a 6PM start time according to the ARMY website.
It’s really bad! Probably the worst I have ever experienced. Do you know if they mailed out season tickets?
 
Back
Top