Kirsch was outstanding last night. Now we see how Applebee does in the same setting. Expect Maine to come out fired up again with another loud and hostile crowd at Alfond (the best student section I've seen, by the way!)
Go Bobcats!
I'm also interested in seeing how we respond after an effort the players and coach heavily criticized postgame. Both teams have reason to come out flying tonight. Could be a fun one.
This should really spell the end of the platoon in goal in my opinion. They win this game if Kirsch is playing. He has throughly outplayed Applebee in the teams 4 games played this year and I can’t take much more of this softness by Applebee in between the pipes.
I'm willing to give him another couple starts but he's going to have to start performing. Some of those goals he let in tonight were simply not good enough. And if Kirsch continues to perform at this level, he's going to become the 1A and Applebee will be stapled to the bench. But let's give him a chance. He's obviously fighting it now and I can't imagine he's really this bad.
I have seen enough of Applebee to elevate Scopa to G2. I hope he can improve but way too many soft goals and out of position.