What's new
USCHO Fan Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • The USCHO Fan Forum has migrated to a new plaform, xenForo. Most of the function of the forum should work in familiar ways. Please note that you can switch between light and dark modes by clicking on the gear icon in the upper right of the main menu bar. We are hoping that this new platform will prove to be faster and more reliable. Please feel free to explore its features.

Philosophy 1: Wittgenstein was a beery swine who was just as sloshed as Schlegel

I haven't thought much about it but on the surface I would say absurdism implies existentialism. I'm not sure how else you get to it, unless you are saying "there is an objective meaning to my life but I choose to reject it and act contrary to it!"

I am currently rereading Notes from Underground, and there is a famous passage about if human life is proven to be wholly predetermined, like 2x2=4, then the essence of being human may consist in sometimes saying "I am the wound-up toy which is predetermined to sometimes willfully act directly in contradiction to my known best interests as if 2x2=5."

That could be absurdism without existentialism.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top