Timothy A
Let's go RED!
That is the first I've heard of this. I worked with a guy whose kid was a goalie on Team WI with Kessel and Skille and he said they hated each other. Maybe that had something to do with it.UW didn't want Phil
That is the first I've heard of this. I worked with a guy whose kid was a goalie on Team WI with Kessel and Skille and he said they hated each other. Maybe that had something to do with it.UW didn't want Phil
You have to admit your team has been down on talent the last few years.Tim, I'm pretty sure Amanda Kessel was the last Gopher player you'd admit was any good. That makes an easy Hall of Fame decision.
Skille played WI HS/Team WI and Kessel played AAA Caps. They played together on NTDP. It is my understanding they did not get along too well.That is the first I've heard of this. I worked with a guy whose kid was a goalie on Team WI with Kessel and Skille and he said they hated each other. Maybe that had something to do with it.
Everything I've read says Wisconsin did go after Phil. I was 8 or 9 when this all happened so I don't know. Chris Chelios said he didn't pick North Dakota because he didn't like James Patrick when they'd played against each other.Skille played WI HS/Team WI and Kessel played AAA Caps. They played together on NTDP. It is my understanding they did not get along too well.
-I don't know how much to trust the blue line beyond #8. If Hartmetz can produce points right away, that will go a long way, but I never expect that of freshman D.It looks like the apathy in this program is still alive and well despite the change in leadership.
What was the score?Watched the exhibition versus Durham West. It's hard to tell much from a matchup versus younger players. My early takeaways in the absence of better-informed facts...
The Gophers look like they will be a deeper team, as opposed to recent editions that seemed to go as one or two players went. Does that mean that they won't have stars? Maybe not; time will tell, as there is potential for some future stars. Goals were scored by a variety of players in a number of ways (snipes, tips, rebounds). Have to see who can score in those games where goals don't come easily.
New additions look to be unselfish, but that could be owing to the fact that teammates were often open. Hartmetz stands out as a type of player that we haven't had recently, particularly with respect to her hands, feet, and vision. What she doesn't have much of is size, so Winny might be a good mentor in terms of playing defense in the WCHA against much bigger opponents. New players are largely high-quality additions.
All three goalies played and had to save at least one decent chance, but nobody faced more than three shots.
The team has pieces, but if they are to challenge those on top, the staff will have to get them to improve from now until March. If nothing else, they should be entertaining.
12-0.What was the score?
The top two pairs were Primerano/Jordan and Graham/Hartmetz most of the time. While points from the D are nice, the first objective is to avoid having the primary assist on the goals against.-I don't know how much to trust the blue line beyond #8. If Hartmetz can produce points right away, that will go a long way, but I never expect that of freshman D.
One thing that Leveille did well as a player was maintaining a high compete level. There were times when Wisco' would dominate play even during her era, but she was able to both minimize the damage and return with the same fire the next time. Hopefully, she'll be able to establish a rapport with her charges and help them to do the same.-Clark has run out of steam each of the last two years, although I really like her when she's on her game.
My preference would be that we can see one or more lines that can build chemistry and take over games as a unit, not a solo act. At times, Murphy's style would result in teammates standing around watching her.-There's a lot of talent up front—D'Alessandro as the 13th F is both crazy and justified—but is there someone who can take over a game like Murphy? I'm sure #97 and Milani—or even Primerano—will be able to by the end of their careers, but that's still a ways off and the team will probably need that to beat one of the two teams ahead in a game that matters.