What's new
USCHO Fan Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • The USCHO Fan Forum has migrated to a new plaform, xenForo. Most of the function of the forum should work in familiar ways. Please note that you can switch between light and dark modes by clicking on the gear icon in the upper right of the main menu bar. We are hoping that this new platform will prove to be faster and more reliable. Please feel free to explore its features.

Minnesota State 2025-26 Season: Get To Know 'Em

I see that the opening games against Wisconsin are going to be on FloHockey. Does anyone know if that's where streaming is going to be this year? Have they let the Midco contract lapse and plan to return to FloHockey? I hope not. I have a granddaughter on the track team at South Dakota and her twin brother on the baseball team at Minnesota Crookston, both of which are on Midco. It was convenient to only need the one streaming service.
 
I see that the opening games against Wisconsin are going to be on FloHockey. Does anyone know if that's where streaming is going to be this year? Have they let the Midco contract lapse and plan to return to FloHockey? I hope not. I have a granddaughter on the track team at South Dakota and her twin brother on the baseball team at Minnesota Crookston, both of which are on Midco. It was convenient to only need the one streaming service.
I'm guessing your website is wrong. The Midco contract has at least another year to go. The CCHA.com schedule page shows that those games will be on Midco.
 
I'm guessing your website is wrong. The Midco contract has at least another year to go. The CCHA.com schedule page shows that those games will be on Midco.
Okay, but it's the MSUMavericks.com web site that says FloHockey when you click on the "watch" button on the schedule.
 
All games (For the whole season) on the MSU site that have a "Watch" button" go to Flo Hockey when you click on the button.
Okay, but it's the MSUMavericks.com web site that says FloHockey when you click on the "watch" button on the schedule.
site
 
I saw what you're referring to on your web site. I'm thinking msumavericks.com has incorrect links. The contract with Midco hasn't expired and CCHA.com not only lists Midco as the broadcast partner, the games on the schedule page also point to Midco.

 
I confirmed with someone in the CCHA offices that you're links are wrong and that this SNAFU will be straightened out in short order.

BTW, there are a bunch of folks from various CCHA teams that hang out on the Tech Hockey Guide Discourse server. There are also CCHA beat reporters and members of the league office that often participate in the discussions. Currently there is zero representation from Mav Nation.

 
BTW, there are a bunch of folks from various CCHA teams that hang out on the Tech Hockey Guide Discourse server. There are also CCHA beat reporters and members of the league office that often participate in the discussions. Currently there is zero representation from Mav Nation.

I just opened an account. I'm unfamiliar with Discord, so it may take me a bit to get comfortable.
 
Last week I took a tour of Black Frost Distillery in New Ulm, MN, and had the chance to talk to the owner of the business.

If you didn't know, the Maverick Line Change Collective has previously partnered with a few local brewers to produce an exclusive beverage for the hockey season. Past examples include:

2022: Hockey Day MN 'Crosscheck' Pilsner (Mankato Brewery)
2023: Maverick Line Change Lager (Mankato Brewery)
2024: Maverick Line Change Blackberry Seltzer (Black Frost Distillery)
2025: Maverick Blueberry Mule (Black Frost Distillery) , Line Change Golden Ale (Pyres Brewing)
2026: Line Change Cocktail (Black Frost Vodka)

This year, Black Frost Distillery said they are planning on coming out with a new specialty cocktail this year. I didnt ask about the specifics, but he said it will be ready for the first home game.

An additional new beverage option this year will be REVE Coffee Co. They will have a cart at the north side of the rink, next to the Mexican spot. Their cart will replace an existing alcohol POS location.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top