What's new
USCHO Fan Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • The USCHO Fan Forum has migrated to a new plaform, xenForo. Most of the function of the forum should work in familiar ways. Please note that you can switch between light and dark modes by clicking on the gear icon in the upper right of the main menu bar. We are hoping that this new platform will prove to be faster and more reliable. Please feel free to explore its features.

Colgate 2026-27

I set my alarm this morning and made sure that I was online at 8:30 a.m. to buy my Colgate at Maine tickets for October 23-24.
Even doing that, I felt lucky to get two seats near each other for Friday, and in different sections for Saturday.
I fully expect both games will be Sold Out soon in the 5,043-seat Alfond Arena in Orono. Crazy!
That got me thinking about Colgate's record against Maine.
All-time, we lead 9-8-5.
In the 10-season Class of 1965 Arena Era, which I consider the Modern Era, we are 3-2-3.
And in the 3-season Coach Mike Harder Era, we are 1-2-1.
All-in-all, not bad records.

Colgate vs. Maine All-Time Record: 9-8-5

Saturday, October 25, 2025, Loss, 2-3 (OT), Orono, Harder, Barr.
Friday, October 24, 2025, Win, 3-2, Orono, Harder, Barr.
Saturday, January 6, 2024, Tie, 4-4 (OT), Orono, Harder, Barr.
Friday, January 5, 2024, Loss, 1-3, Orono, Harder, Barr.

Saturday, December 31, 2022, Tie, 1-1 (OT), Hamilton, Vaughan, Barr.
Friday, December 30, 2022, Win, 5-2, Hamilton, Vaughan, Barr.
Saturday, October 29, 2016, Win, 5-3, Hamilton, Vaughan, Gendron.
Friday, October 28, 2016, Tie, 2-2 (OT), Hamilton, Vaughan, Gendron.

P.S. - my brother Al, who graduated from Colgate in 1968, will join me for this weekend in Maine. We will definitely be missing our oldest brother Bill, a 1959 'Gate grad.
 
Thx for setting up Shabby...should be interesting...lots of new faces, including 4 transfers (and two lost as well)...highly-recruited goalie will probably alternate with Dyck to start, but we'll need some scoring up front this year...I would guess anywhere from 6th to 9th, but obviously hoping for more...I'm running out of years...
 
Thx for setting up Shabby...should be interesting...lots of new faces, including 4 transfers (and two lost as well)...highly-recruited goalie will probably alternate with Dyck to start, but we'll need some scoring up front this year...I would guess anywhere from 6th to 9th, but obviously hoping for more...I'm running out of years...
Me two, Coat !
 
Thx for setting up Shabby...should be interesting...lots of new faces, including 4 transfers (and two lost as well)...highly-recruited goalie will probably alternate with Dyck to start, but we'll need some scoring up front this year...I would guess anywhere from 6th to 9th, but obviously hoping for more...I'm running out of years...

Been hearing that goalie Matthew Minchak won't be arriving until 27-28 and will be in Major Junior for another season.
 
2026-27 ECAC Hockey Men's Preseason Poll:

1., Quinnipiac, 10 first-place votes, 120 points,
2., Dartmouth, 2 first-place votes, 110 points,
3., Cornell, 102 points,
4., Clarkson, 86 points,
5., Harvard, 73 points,
6., Union, 70 points,
7. Princeton, 60 points,
8., RPI, 56 points,
9., Colgate, 45 points,
10, Saint Lawrence, 29 points,
11., Brown, 28 points,
12., Yale, 13 points.

The good news for 'Gate is that the bar has been set very low in order for us to be considered Overachievers this season.
Yay!
 
Getting close, aren't we? The preseason poll doesn't surprise yours truly...FOUR transfers in is a lot for us and resulted from IMO losing two D-men to the portal, losing our top D-man recruit to Dartmouth AND some concern over the development of our recruits, especially at the forward position. This is year #4 for Coach Harder and one that should give us some idea of the direction of the program. The Dartmouth program has turned around, big time (and not a shock given the hiring of Reid Cashman a few years ago). I think the RPI program will show steady improvement under Coach Lang (a smart hire given the job he did at AIC). What programs look to be slipping? I hope it's not The Gate but I have serious concerns about the talent level of our recruits for this year and next...I really hope I am wrong and, as IBT has said, the preseason position give us a chance to surprise...
 
Mike McMahon of College Hockey Insider ranks us 48th out of 63 teams, behind such programs as Lake Superior State, Army, Canisius, Bemidji State, Sacred Heart and Yale...I hope we can receive some real positive contributions from our four incoming transfers...we may need it...
 
Okay, we have now seen a pre-season ECAC ranking of all 12 teams (by ECAC coaches), and an NCAA ranking of all 63 teams (by College Hockey Insider), so here is an NCAA ranking of the top 100 players (by The Hockey News)…
 
Back
Top