2019-20 D-III games / scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 D-III games / scores

Watching the Midd-Williams game. No score after one. But...why is the camera set up behind the annoying screening? It appears there would be many better locations in that arena.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Hamline beats St. Thomas 5-4. At this point in the pairwise it seems like Gustavus might be the only MIAC team to get a pool C bid. Eau Claire and River Falls weekend will be huge.

Comment

Originally posted by D3WomensHockey View Post
        Hamline beats St. Thomas 5-4. At this point in the pairwise it seems like Gustavus might be the only MIAC team to get a pool C bid. Eau Claire and River Falls weekend will be huge.
        Why do you assume Gustavus would only be a Pool C bid? Who do you believe will be the MIAC automatic Pool A bid?
        4 & 20 The All-American Sister's
        SNC 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, & 2018 Mens DIII NCAA Champions & they have Women's Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by 4and20 View Post
          Why do you assume Gustavus would only be a Pool C bid? Who do you believe will be the MIAC automatic Pool A bid?
          Sorry, I didn’t do a good job stating what I meant. IMO, Gustavus looks like the only team in the MIAC that could not win the conference tournament and make it as an at-large.
          Last edited by D3WomensHockey; 02-15-2020, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by D3WomensHockey View Post
            Sorry, I didn’t do a good job stating what I meant. IMO, Gustavus looks like the only team in the MIAC that could not win the conference tournament and make it as an at-large.
            Right now in the PWR you are correct that GAC is the only one high enough to qualify for a Pool C if they don't win Pool A. Hamline is on the bubble though. The last Pool C is looking to be Amherst if there are no upsets for the Pool A. Depending on how teams take each other out in the last weekend and conference playoffs Hamline might be able to jump Hamilton and Amherst to that spot.

Comment

William Smith 4 Elmira 3 in OT

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                William Smith 4 Elmira 3 in OT
                UCHC might be more wide open this year than initially thought.

Nazareth and William Smith both have been able to take down Elmira...

And I said it early this week, tough for Elmira to go all the way up to Plattsburgh on Friday night for a 7pm game and then try and come back against a quality William Smith team on Sunday afternoon.
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Tough one to put together this week....I think this is the best option trying to adhere to the 500 mile rule and avoiding intraconference first-round matchups.

Nazareth at Adrian vs. Plattsburgh
                  Amherst at Endicott
                  Gustavus Adolphus at River Falls vs. Eau Claire
                  Norwich at Middlebury

River Falls and Gusty kind of get screwed having to play a play-in game, but that's the only way to avoid a flight within that trio.

Nazareth and Adrian could potentially create a flight if Adrian wins and has to go to Plattsburgh, but I'm honestly not quite sure how else to try and do it.

Be intrigued to see if someone else comes up with something else that would also make sense and have the potential for two flights or less like this one does.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    Tough one to put together this week....I think this is the best option trying to adhere to the 500 mile rule and avoiding intraconference first-round matchups.

Nazareth at Adrian vs. Plattsburgh
                    Amherst at Endicott
                    Gustavus Adolphus at River Falls vs. Eau Claire
                    Norwich at Middlebury

River Falls and Gusty kind of get screwed having to play a play-in game, but that's the only way to avoid a flight within that trio.

Nazareth and Adrian could potentially create a flight if Adrian wins and has to go to Plattsburgh, but I'm honestly not quite sure how else to try and do it.

Be intrigued to see if someone else comes up with something else that would also make sense and have the potential for two flights or less like this one does.
                    I thought it was avoiding flights before the semis, not just the first round.

I think with a field where it's Nazareth instead of Elmira they would bump Naz at Adrian to the QF to guarantee no flights before the semis.

It could be:

(Norwich @ Amherst) vs Plattsburgh
                    Endicott @ Middlebury
                    Nazareth @ Adrian
                    (GAC @ River Falls) vs Eau Claire

The above avoids flights before the semis, no intraconference in the first round and rewards the highest teams in the PWR by keeping them out of the first round (except RF). Middlebury loses out in a way as they would be hosting the #4 PWR team in Endicott in the quarters instead of a lower ranked opponent but they're still treated more fairly as the 2 seed than Plattsburgh was last year.
                    Last edited by Scott_TG; 02-17-2020, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                      I thought it was avoiding flights before the semis, not just the first round.

I think with a field where it's Nazareth instead of Elmira they would bump Naz at Adrian to the QF to guarantee no flights before the semis.

It could be:

(Norwich @ Amherst) vs Plattsburgh
                      Endicott @ Middlebury
                      Nazareth @ Adrian
                      (GAC @ River Falls) vs Eau Claire

The above avoids flights before the semis, no intraconference in the first round and rewards the highest teams in the PWR by keeping them out of the first round (except RF). Middlebury loses out in a way as they would be hosting the #4 PWR team in Endicott in the quarters instead of a lower ranked opponent but they're still treated more fairly as the 2 seed than Plattsburgh was last year.
                      Certainly could do that as well....I guess I had my blinders on about the two lowest seeds in the tournament both getting a straight bye to the quarterfinals, which is what Adrian and Nazareth are currently. But, you're probably correct. The bracket you proposed would be used since there is only one flight and the one I proposed there is the potential of having two.
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

In fairness, Ha,line did beat GAC and tied them in their two matchups this year. Hamline has fire power with I think 4 of 5 top scorers in MIAC. They have given up some late goals that have cost them some games aNd slip in PWR. In end, they are going to be tough. IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by Healthyscratch View Post
                          In fairness, Ha,line did beat GAC and tied them in their two matchups this year. Hamline has fire power with I think 4 of 5 top scorers in MIAC. They have given up some late goals that have cost them some games aNd slip in PWR. In end, they are going to be tough. IMHO
                          Obviously, this could change with conference tournaments, but it's a snapshot in time and some sort of criteria has to be used. It's all just for fun...
                          Steve
                          Penn State Class of '95
                          Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                            Obviously, this could change with conference tournaments, but it's a snapshot in time and some sort of criteria has to be used. It's all just for fun...
                            Bingo.

It's the only way you can predict it really. There are literally 1000s of scenarios that could happen, just use the scenario of using the conference leaders as the champions just for posterity sake and show people the process of how the teams get selected for the tournament.

The PWR has been great from that standpoint...it's all right there...win your conference tournament if you have an AQ and then the next three best teams are in.

Obviously the PWR can and will change in the remaining three weeks of hockey. Lots of games left to be played that can alter the current rankings.
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Healthyscratch View Post
                              They are tough but they are more than likely going to have to win the MIAC to make the tourney. They would need a combination of the following to happen to get a Pool C:

1) Gustavus would have to win the MIAC. If St. Thomas wins it, GAC would likely garner one of the three Pool C bids.
                              2) Amherst and Hamilton would have to start losing, in either or both this upcoming final regular season weekend or the NESCAC playoffs. Caveat there is Amherst is playing Colby and Colby is right behind Hamline in the PWR, so if they beat Amherst they could leap them.
                              3) I think either River Falls or Eau Claire would have to sweep both the home and home and the WIAC championship. Probably better off for Hamline if Eau Claire can win out over River Falls.
                              4) Midd, Plattsburgh, Elmira and Endicott win the Pool As bids they're eligible for.

Comment

Does anyone know why the d3 tourney has expanded to 10 teams while d1 still has only 8?

Comment

Working...
                                X