Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

Maybe Drogon goes back to his birthplace and throws Dany into a fire and she walks out and hooks up with some Dothraki stud. Death isn't forever in this show.

I like the ending. Dr. Mrs. said it well: we are living through a hellishly dark timeline so a dumb TV show that ends hopefully is just fine escapism.

Who was the silly guy who started in on his king application before Sansa cut him off?

Was Gendry there representin' for House Borathion? I didn't see him.

Being an inveterate loather of Starks (they get everybody else killed; they live) I'm satisfied they each get what they "deserve" in different paradoxical ways.

I disagree with the idea that Jon is "finally freed of his sense of duty." Jon literally peaced out on every duty he had in the course of the show. He's the embodiment of irresponsibility, not because he is a bad man (he's anything but) but because he is a moral weakling. Next time just f-ck the pretty blonde and then shiv her in bed, Jon. Save a million lives.
    Last edited by Kepler; 05-20-2019, 08:24 AM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Maybe Drogon goes back to his birthplace and throws Dany into a fire and she walks out and hooks up with some Dothraki stud. Death isn't forever in this show.

I like the ending. Dr. Mrs. said it said: we are living through a hellishly dark timeline so a TV show that ends hopefully is just fine with her.

Who was the silly guy who started in on his king application before Sansa cut him off?

Was Gendry there representin' for House Borathion? I didn't see him.
      Yes, Gendry was there. I saw him. Not sure who the fool was that was told to shut up. And yes, Drogon did do that.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Yes, Gendry was there. I saw him. Not sure who the fool was that was told to shut up. And yes, Drogon did do that.
        Edmure Tully
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Being an inveterate loather of Starks (they get everybody else killed; they live) I'm satisfied they each get what they "deserve" in different paradoxical ways.

I disagree with the idea that Jon is "finally freed of his sense of duty." Jon literally peaced out on every duty he had in the course of the show. He's the embodiment of irresponsibility, not because he is a bad man (he's anything but) but because he is a moral weakling. Next time just f-ck the pretty blonde and then shiv her in bed, Jon. Save a million lives.
          Interesting. Ultimately I liked them better than you did. I wanted better.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
            Edmure Tully
            If Sam wasn't head of House Tully why was he at the council? He's not Maestre because the other guy (Purcell?) wrote the book.

I liked that democracy got hooted down, not least because Dr. Mrs. said if the ending was democracy comes to Westeros she would put her head through our TV. I also liked that even the people we have been trained to think of as "good" (e.g., Sansa) find it ridiculous. It is literally beyond the ken of a ruling elite -- for them you may as well give the vote to the dogs. I didn't see Tyrion's reaction but I would have appreciated him getting a laugh out of it. No matter how wise you are you cannot escape your culture.

(Of course, given how it's working out... maybe they're right.)

Are we supposed to think Drogon intentionally melted the throne or was he just scattershot unhappy? If we're gonna say Drogon is capable of nuanced socio-political thought I'm going to laugh out loud. I didn't assume he was making any judgement of Jon by not frying him. I figured he couldn't because (a) he's a Targyreon and thus protected, and/or (b) he can't fricassee anybody without the magic order.
            Last edited by Kepler; 05-20-2019, 08:38 AM.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

If Sam wasn't head of House Tully why was he at the council? He's not Maestre because the other guy (Purcell?) wrote the book.

I liked that democracy got hooted down, not least because Dr. Mrs. said if the ending was democracy comes to Westeros she would put her head through our TV.

Are we supposed to think Drogon intentionally melted the throne or was he just unhappy? If we're gonna say Drogon is capable of nuanced socio-political thought I'm going to laugh out loud. I didn't assume he was making any judgement of Jon by not frying him. I figured he couldn't because (a) he's a Targyreon and thus protected, and/or (b) he can't fricassee anybody without the magic order.
              I liked that Democracy got hooted down as well. I would have thrown a brick through my TV too.

Yes, he intentionally melted the throne. His queen can't sit on it then no one can. He couldn't because of the Targyreon thing, and because fire would have done nothing to him much like the Night King, otherwise he would have fried him. He took the body to save his queen, which he did.

Comment

I liked that Democracy got hooted down as well. I would have thrown a brick through my TV too.

Yes, he intentionally melted the throne. His queen can't sit on it then no one can. He couldn't because of the Targyreon thing, and because fire would have done nothing to him much like the Night King, otherwise he would have fried him. He took the body to save his queen, which he did.
                Since there is a Targyreon remaining then shouldn't Drogon be programmed to view Jon as the rightful King? Or was that Drogon specifically telling Jon, "dude, you're not up to it"?

I'd like to see a prequel about the Valyrian Freehold. Dr. Mrs. said she thinks the one planned is much earlier, with the tree people and all that silliness. Like maybe it's the story of how the Night King comes to be.

I'd also be up for Arya's adventures with the Native Amerisosians. It can be like Kirk with that injun broad.
                Last edited by Kepler; 05-20-2019, 08:43 AM.
                Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I liked that democracy got hooted down, not least because Dr. Mrs. said if the ending was democracy comes to Westeros she would put her head through our TV. I also liked that even the people we have been trained to think of as "good" (e.g., Sansa) find it ridiculous. It is literally beyond the ken of a ruling elite -- for them you may as well give the vote to the dogs. I didn't see Tyrion's reaction but I would have appreciated him getting a laugh out of it. No matter how wise you are you cannot escape your culture.

(Of course, given how it's working out... maybe they're right.)

Are we supposed to think Drogon intentionally melted the throne or was he just scattershot unhappy? If we're gonna say Drogon is capable of nuanced socio-political thought I'm going to laugh out loud. I didn't assume he was making any judgement of Jon by not frying him. I figured he couldn't because (a) he's a Targyreon and thus protected, and/or (b) he can't fricassee anybody without the magic order.
                  Sam is house Tarly. Edmure is Tully

Comment

Since there is a Targyreon remaining then shouldn't Drogon be programmed to view Jon as the rightful King? Or was that Drogon specifically telling Jon, "dude, you're not up to it"?
                    Drogon was always too attached to Dany. Dany's life hung in the balance. He couldn't kill Jon but he could save Dany.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      Sam is house Tarly. Edmure is Tully
                      Well. I mix up Bronn and Bran, too.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Gendry was sitting there and one of the middle people to say aye to Bran. I thought one of the best scenes of the episode was the first meeting of the new small council. That was gold. Also, how great was that visual of Dany walking out and Drogon taking off behind her. Whoever thought of that was genius.

I was shocked that Dany went down so early in the episode. Definitely didn't see that coming so quickly.

Edmure Tully was the guy that Sansa told to shut up. He was the one that was set to be married at Red Wedding to the Frey daughter.
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Drogon was always too attached to Dany. Dany's life hung in the balance. He couldn't kill Jon but he could save Dany.
                          Oh, the clock was ticking? I can see that.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                            I thought one of the best scenes of the episode was the first meeting of the new small council.
                            Best scene in the episode for my money. Hard to find anything for comic value in that episode, which was mostly pathos, so they took their chance and ran with it. I also liked that 3 seats are vacant -- it would have been too contrived for everybody from the Wacky Adventures of the Starky Bunch to wind up as the Council. Not to mention a doom of Groupthink.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              Edmure Tully
                              The wonderful Tobias Menzies.

yep, that ending was about as good as we could have expected. just wish they had ended it with that shot of the gate to the wall coming down behind the group of wildlings, cutting straight to black, cue music, run credits.

The meeting of the small council was great. But the best scene was Brienne completing the history of Ser Jaime.

And I knew Jon was gonna shiv Dany when you could see him turn slightly as they were coupling, as he reached for his dagger.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                                Allegedly two projects are being worked on. One is a prequel to the current events we’ve seen in Westeros and perhaps the second is the Arya spinoff.
                                The two prequel projects I've heard mentioned are the war that ousts that Mad King from the Iron Throne, or the war where the Targaryens conquer Westeros some 300 years prior. There were four total spinoffs suggested, but they've whittled it down to two. The only thing they're not saying is what those two spinoffs will be.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X