Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Why would the NK care about erasing history? Possession is 9/10th of the law and he'd control all of Westeros.

I thought it was some mystical stuff, like uncreating all of reality throughout time or somesuch Heinleinian Eschatology.
    If you google it you will find lots of theories. Since the books are not finished no one really knows why he wants history erased we just know he does.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      If you google it you will find lots of theories. Since the books are not finished no one really knows why he wants history erased we just know he does.
      Ah. I didn't know where the books ended.

Does the NK actually have any interior thought in the books or is he just a Final Boss / Force of Nature / Killing Machine?
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Does the NK actually have any interior thought in the books or is he just a Final Boss / Force of Nature / Killing Machine?
        Have not come close to reading them yet. Just started the first one. However, I have seen online that this particular character has been changed for TV quite a bit.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

He’s not really in the books. At least not 1-5.

Comment

I don't believe he ever speaks or that we ever have a chapter from his point of view so he's just the "final boss" as you say.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              I don't believe he ever speaks or that we ever have a chapter from his point of view so he's just the "final boss" as you say.
              GRRM has stated that the Night King does not exist in the books as he does in the show. The books have the legend of the Night's King, who was the 13th Lord Commander, but that book character is not the same character as the Night King in the show.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                But does he fail to be consumed by dragon fire and emerge from the blaze with a stupid, *****-eating grin?

Comment

As I was watching it, I thought that gave some legitimacy to the theory that he was a Targaeryan. But then, he got all stabbed and so I don't think it matters anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                    But does he fail to be consumed by dragon fire and emerge from the blaze with a stupid, *****-eating grin?
                    He has an ironclad contract. He can't be fired.

Comment

As further evidence this show may be in the process of going off track I see Aaron Rodgers is making a cameo appearance in what is probably the most important episode of the series.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        As further evidence this show may be in the process of going off track I see Aaron Rodgers is making a cameo appearance in what is probably the most important episode of the series.
                        If you ever looked through the list, there are a great many cameo appearances of otherwise famous people throughout this show. Most of them are Europeans, and famous mostly over there, so we don't notice them here. Very few of the cameos have been Americans, and most have been peasants or foot soldiers in the background of scenes.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                          So with where the scorpions are mounted, they can't shoot toward the stern. Just, like, fly around and come up behind them.
                          Nice to know I wasn't the only one thinking the very same thing!
                          Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            If you ever looked through the list, there are a great many cameo appearances of otherwise famous people throughout this show. Most of them are Europeans, and famous mostly over there, so we don't notice them here. Very few of the cameos have been Americans, and most have been peasants or foot soldiers in the background of scenes.
                            Yeah, I remember Shearan or someone made an appearance in one of the middle seasons, and I guess that's fine, although stupid. But it seems a little odd to be doing that now.

I hope they have him in the Golden Company, chucking rocks, then biatching at the Company Commander.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                              Nice to know I wasn't the only one thinking the very same thing!
                              Im sure the ships could turn 90 degrees and still shoot at her...
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                LMFAO! I can't think of many who are less capable of acting than he probably is, other than Sid Crosby and the majority of NHLers who give robotic interviews.

Comment

Working...
                                X