Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game of Thrones Season 6: Lions and Wolves and Sand Snakes, oh my!

The Wight Walkers destroy the Wall, penetrated Winterfell like it was surrounded by wet cardboard, took out some 26000 people in a single night. But they were nothing? Okay then.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      The Wight Walkers destroy the Wall, penetrated Winterfell like it was surrounded by wet cardboard, took out some 26000 people in a single night. But they were nothing? Okay then.
      And yet Sam fought them off for like 3 hours on the ground lmao, as did Jaime/Brienne pinned against a wall by like 400 of them, that's kinda my point.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        And yet Sam fought them off for like 3 hours on the ground lmao, as did Jaime/Brienne pinned against a wall by like 400 of them, that's kinda my point.
        The dead weren't gifted fighters, they simply overwhelmed. Sam should have died, I think that was a mistake. But I also think that he'll show up again despite having been given a farewell this week.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

The dead weren't gifted fighters, they simply overwhelmed. Sam should have died, I think that was a mistake. But I also think that he'll show up again despite having been given a farewell this week.
          Sam should not have died. Sam is the one who lives and writes the history down. Those who live get to document what happened.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

If that was THE farewell, then I would take issue with him surviving. But again, I wouldn’t get hung up on it. So I tend to agree.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I don't think Sam should've died either but the way those scenes were shot and how they just magically kept getting out of sticky situations was like the final scene of Space Jam or something.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Sam should not have died. Sam is the one who lives and writes the history down. Those who live get to document what happened.
                Making him even more Samwise II: the Sam-ening.

I wouldn't mind seeing Sam's fertile wife bite it. Give a nice tragic seasoning to his Thucydides bit.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  His need to go after Bran was absolute.
                  Was this ever explained?
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Was this ever explained?
                    Bran explained how the NK wanted to essentially erase history and have a permanent night basically. And to do that he needed to kill Bran.

As far as the NK's plot to kill him or Bran's involvement in that episode... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      Don't forget Podrick. The entire Dothraki horde wiped out in less than a minute, but one-handed Jaime, Brienne, and Podrick(!!!) are stacking up wight walkers like cordwood
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        Don't forget Podrick. The entire Dothraki horde wiped out in less than a minute, but one-handed Jaime, Brienne, and Podrick(!!!) are stacking up wight walkers like cordwood
                        By this point, Podrick has been training with Brienne for a couple of years. And Brienne is the only person to have bested the Hound in combat (Assassin Arya has yet to face him). While Pod may not be of Brienne's caliber, he must be pretty competent with a weapon after 2 years of her 1:1 tutelage.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                          Bran explained how the NK wanted to essentially erase history and have a permanent night basically. And to do that he needed to kill Bran.

As far as the NK's plot to kill him or Bran's involvement in that episode... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
                          So if you kill Magic Transtemporal Man the effect bounces back and forth through time and wipes them all out and changes all of history?

Shrug. OK.
                          Cornell University

Comment

So if you kill Magic Transtemporal Man the effect bounces back and forth through time and wipes them all out and changes all of history?

Shrug. OK.
                            Bran was a walking history book, per the discussion Bran, Sam, Jon, etc. had when drawing up the battle plan. It was a bit thin, but it was the MacGuffin used.

Comment

Shrug. OK.
                              its not about changing history its about denying history. If you kill Bran and destroy the citadel, there fails to be any record of history and if there is no record, there is no good way to determine the events of the past beyond archaeology.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                its not about changing history its about denying history. If you kill Bran and destroy the citadel, there fails to be any record of history and if there is no record, there is no good way to determine the events of the past beyond archaeology.
                                Why would the NK care about erasing history? Possession is 9/10th of the law and he'd control all of Westeros.

I thought it was some mystical stuff, like uncreating all of reality throughout time or somesuch Heinleinian Eschatology.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X