Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018-2019 Ohio State Hockey! Return to the Show in Buffalo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018-2019 Ohio State Hockey! Return to the Show in Buffalo!

BG schedule came out today no series with them i am disappointed. Wisconsin released their home schedule and Ohio State visits Jan 10 and 11. So we know 3 weeks of the schedule so far Oct 11 and 12 Ice Breaker, Oct 18 and 19 vs Omaha, and Jan 10 and 11 At Wisconsin. No WCHA opponents on the schedule this year. With the Ice Breaker games being exempt they can play 8 more non league games. Does anyone know if Mercyhurst was a home and home contract? going back and looking from the past 2 years i dont see any other non league series that require returns. Umass and Arizona State were from 18-19 and the year before. So we should be seeing some new opponents when the schedule comes out.
    Last edited by klbaum1077; 05-08-2019, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
      BG schedule came out today no series with them i am disappointed. Wisconsin released their home schedule and Ohio State visits Jan 10 and 11. So we know 3 weeks of the schedule so far Oct 11 and 12 Ice Breaker, Oct 18 and 19 vs Omaha, and Jan 10 and 11 At Wisconsin. No WCHA opponents on the schedule this year. With the Ice Breaker games being exempt they can play 8 more non league games. Does anyone know if Mercyhurst was a home and home contract? going back and looking from the past 2 years i dont see any other non league series that require returns. Umass and Arizona State were from 18-19 and the year before. So we should be seeing some new opponents when the schedule comes out.
      Also disappointed about no BG-OSU series but seeing you in the Ice Breaker final will take some of the sting out of the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
        Also disappointed about no BG-OSU series but seeing you in the Ice Breaker final will take some of the sting out of the situation.
        Yes meeting in that Final will take alot out of not having a series.

Comment

Full schedule is out at the official site. Other than the Ice Breaker there are home series with Omaha and Colgate and a road trip to Mercyhurst. No exhibition game listed.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
            Agree. OTOH, I'm happy that we're doing what we can to make your home tournament a success. Here's to meeting in two finals next year. Cheers!

Comment

Exhibition game added against Western University of London ON the week before the Ice Breaker.

Comment

2 Games in Vegas the first weekend in Jan added to the schedule.

Comment

The graduate seniors were helping run this years hockey camp and Kearney broke a tooth demonstrating a drill to the kids. Guess they learned that's NOT the way to do it.
                  BTW, I assume most have probably seen the pics of the team receiving their B1G Championship rings!

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                    Exhibition game added against Western University of London ON the week before the Ice Breaker.
                    A tune up never hurts!

Comment

Bought my tickets for the Icebreaker today and God do I HATE Ticketmaster!
                      Two day pass is $49.00 each so 2 tickets and THEN the fees and mailing the tickets, will call not an option brought it to a few bucks under $130.00!
                      Ohio State's hockey people didn't know yet if they're home or away for the first game. If we play BG the second day BG is automatically home team.
                      Then I called the Huntington Center and after several transfers no luck there except they confirmed what Ticketmaster posted under tournament info that the Ohio State student section is designated sections are 108 & 109 so I would ASSUME our bench is the one beside those sections unless the people running the tourney are complete morons.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                        Bought my tickets for the Icebreaker today and God do I HATE Ticketmaster!
                        Two day pass is $49.00 each so 2 tickets and THEN the fees and mailing the tickets, will call not an option brought it to a few bucks under $130.00!
                        Ohio State's hockey people didn't know yet if they're home or away for the first game. If we play BG the second day BG is automatically home team.
                        Then I called the Huntington Center and after several transfers no luck there except they confirmed what Ticketmaster posted under tournament info that the Ohio State student section is designated sections are 108 & 109 so I would ASSUME our bench is the one beside those sections unless the people running the tourney are complete morons.
                        That is at the Far end of the ice which is the visitors bench for the walleye games.

Comment

The Vegas tournament parings are out Ohio State plays Cornell on Jan 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                            The Vegas tournament parings are out Ohio State plays Cornell on Jan 3rd.
                            It would be a fun one to attend but airfare would be in holiday travel mode and Vegas hotel rates triple on the weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                              It would be a fun one to attend but airfare would be in holiday travel mode and Vegas hotel rates triple on the weekends.
                              i am going out there to see the basketball team play Kentucky right before christmas or i would probably go

Comment

https://ohsaa.org/news-media/article...etball-in-2021

Girls Basketball State Championships moved to St. Johns for the upcoming season so the Schott should have opening to host the league Semifinal on that Saturday now.

Comment

Working...
                                X