Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018-2019 Ohio State Hockey! Return to the Show in Buffalo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018-2019 Ohio State Hockey! Return to the Show in Buffalo!

If anybody saw Tanner Fritz's interview yesterday he and his wife are expecting their first and will be making their permanent home here in Columbus this summer. Says he loves it here and it's home.

Comment

All 8 people at CHN picking the games are unanimous that we lose to Denver. I want us to win more than ever now so I can give them all directions to where the sun never shines!

Comment

• Well, let's see which team shows up: the legit national championship contender or the bunch that couldn't keep from tripping over their own dicks. I have no idea.

Comment

Well I think we looked like the better team 1st period but this wasting so much time trying to get the puck up ice on the PP is ridiculous.
          2nd period Denver could be done figuring us out and really bring it. Nobody's owning this game yet!

Comment

HUGE defensive mistake! 3 guys were focused on the man with the puck allowing his teammate to come in unopposed for a pass & goal!

Comment

And that ONE mistake was the game! See you all next season!

Comment

With the regionals now in the rearview mirror, inevitably we're going to ponder what might have been. I posted my reflections on the Denver game in the Regionals Thread, but that post is essentially gone due to the high volume of posts there. Reposting it here:

I'm not sure that rust was the top factor. Denver was brilliant on defense. Very few quality chances allowed. Few, if any, second chances allowed.

In turn, Ohio State was just as determined to shut down the Denver offense, allowing only 13 shots on goal for the whole game. The Buckeyes did what they set out to do. If you had told me about the shot totals before the game, I would have really liked our chances. But just maybe the conservative game plan made the Buckeye offense a little less potent, thus playing into Denver's hands.

In the end, I believe that our game plan did give us great chance to win. Unfortunately Denver made one tremendous play to flip the result. Live, it looked like the Buckeye defense blundered, simply losing track of the right wing. But on replay, we saw that Denver's #5 came all the way from a Left Defense position to join the rush on the right side. As such, losing track of #5 becomes a little more understandable.

I'd be fascinated to know if sneaking the extra attacker into the rush was an intentional tactic. The pass on the primary assist was so precise, and the timing so perfect, it looked like something Pioneers had practiced. If so, good for them.

Then again, maybe #5 was guilty of a late change, hustled like crazy to get back into position, then partnered in a nice piece of improvisation. We'll never know. The Pioneers are unlikely to own up, and probably shouldn't.

It's a tough memory from a Buckeye perspective. But it was the play of the day.

FWIW.

Comment

Jobst signs with Islanders!

https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/mason-...ork-islanders/

Comment

Just saw where UNO will be st the Schottenstein for two games . Oct 18 & 19

Comment

Looks like Tanner will be back considering he was named one of the captains for next year. That is pretty big for this team to have him back. I was wondering where the offense would come from now with him, Gustaf, Preston and Carson back the offense might be just fine with chipins from others.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                        Looks like Tanner will be back considering he was named one of the captains for next year. That is pretty big for this team to have him back. I was wondering where the offense would come from now with him, Gustaf, Preston and Carson back the offense might be just fine with chipins from others.
                        Huge! Should be on the initial Hobey Baker lists. This isn't looking like quite the rebuilding job that I feared.

Can we start arguing how big our new arena should be now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie Schorr View Post
                          Huge! Should be on the initial Hobey Baker lists. This isn't looking like quite the rebuilding job that I feared.

Can we start arguing how big our new arena should be now?
                          Yea i am with you this might not be the huge step back i thought it might be. ND getting the goalie and Cam back puts them as the favorite i think. Penn state getting barrett back makes them #2. I would say ohio state should be in the 3-5 discussion.

Comment

https://ohsaa.org/NWDAB/News-from-th...-in-March-2020

Wrestling moved to March 13-15 which is Semifinal day so no semifinal game in the Schott next year

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                              https://ohsaa.org/NWDAB/News-from-th...-in-March-2020

Wrestling moved to March 13-15 which is Semifinal day so no semifinal game in the Schott next year
                              Question: Does this mean the Schott WILL be available for a potential first round series -- meaning up to 3 home games if we finish 2nd, 3rd of 4th? Or does The Arnold have designs on the Schott that weekend?

Comment

• Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                                Question: Does this mean the Schott WILL be available for a potential first round series -- meaning up to 3 home games if we finish 2nd, 3rd of 4th? Or does The Arnold have designs on the Schott that weekend?
                                I would guess that all 3 games would be played in the schott

Comment

Working...
                                X