Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2018-19: New Breed, Old Snarl

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
    Pecararo was dressed as the 13th forward last night. Picked up assists on two of the NU goals.
    that is great to hear, as i missed last night. thx
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Recap http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/re...-umass-lowell/
      "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• .. cause its the size of the fight in the dog.

good wknd, good write up. hopefully nxt gm with fewer penalties as well.
        GO NU HOCKEY
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Saturday's game was my one Boston trip of the season to see the Huskies in action (since they don't come west of the Hudson this year). Since it's a 7+ hour drive from Buffalo, I'm glad I got to see a win. It was incredibly frustrating to see them score only to take a penalty shortly after, seemingly several times. For a team that was supposed to have lost its scoring, that was supposed to be built around defense and goaltending, it's sure seemed the opposite so far. Jozefek has really stepped up. It seems like Primeau is making the stops but a couple times Lowell got the puck near/in the crease and NU could not cover it or get it out of there. No matter what sport you're playing - if you let the ball/puck bounce around in front of the net/goal, eventually it's going in.

I was disappointed in the crowd - maybe everyone went on Friday and ignored this one, I don't know. But Lowell didn't bring many fans either. My voice was sufficiently hoarse after trying to help make up the difference. I had a nice chat with the AD who was walking in towards the arena at the same time. The Huskies won, I got to hear the fight song live, heck they even timed it so they got the whole version of Stacy's Mom in during a timeout. I found I didn't miss having a scoreboard up there. Props to the person running the music for two Ramones songs - but please, no more Billy Joel. Got some sharp new logo gear at the bookstore. Props to the fans in the balcony for going all-in on No Tee OT, since I was sitting near some families that wasn't really in the cards for me. That updated Beanpot banner is a thing of beauty. All in all a good night. It's nice to be able to do Northeastern things with Northeastern people.

Looking ahead - this team is primed to go on a run, if they can tighten up on the defensive end. At UVM, RIT, two vs Merrimack, RPI, Huntsville, Merrimack again, two at Maine - while road games are tough, all of these are very winnable. If they clean some things up they could potentially be in very good shape heading into two big series vs UMass and PC.

Maybe just maybe I'll see some of you here in April to help cheer on the Dogs at the Frozen Four!
          Let's Go Huskies!

Northeastern University '02

Comment

• Originally posted by McBain75 View Post
            Saturday's game was my one Boston trip of the season to see the Huskies in action (since they don't come west of the Hudson this year). Since it's a 7+ hour drive from Buffalo, I'm glad I got to see a win. It was incredibly frustrating to see them score only to take a penalty shortly after, seemingly several times. For a team that was supposed to have lost its scoring, that was supposed to be built around defense and goaltending, it's sure seemed the opposite so far. Jozefek has really stepped up. It seems like Primeau is making the stops but a couple times Lowell got the puck near/in the crease and NU could not cover it or get it out of there. No matter what sport you're playing - if you let the ball/puck bounce around in front of the net/goal, eventually it's going in.

I was disappointed in the crowd - maybe everyone went on Friday and ignored this one, I don't know. But Lowell didn't bring many fans either. My voice was sufficiently hoarse after trying to help make up the difference. I had a nice chat with the AD who was walking in towards the arena at the same time. The Huskies won, I got to hear the fight song live, heck they even timed it so they got the whole version of Stacy's Mom in during a timeout. I found I didn't miss having a scoreboard up there. Props to the person running the music for two Ramones songs - but please, no more Billy Joel. Got some sharp new logo gear at the bookstore. Props to the fans in the balcony for going all-in on No Tee OT, since I was sitting near some families that wasn't really in the cards for me. That updated Beanpot banner is a thing of beauty. All in all a good night. It's nice to be able to do Northeastern things with Northeastern people.

Looking ahead - this team is primed to go on a run, if they can tighten up on the defensive end. At UVM, RIT, two vs Merrimack, RPI, Huntsville, Merrimack again, two at Maine - while road games are tough, all of these are very winnable. If they clean some things up they could potentially be in very good shape heading into two big series vs UMass and PC.

Maybe just maybe I'll see some of you here in April to help cheer on the Dogs at the Frozen Four!
            great post! glad they were able to pull out the W.. even though was in somewhat undisciplined fashion.
            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

tomorrow at UVM. Catamounts just lost 2 gms to BC at home i believe.. last one by a goal. Will be looking to right the ship. I think Lekkas is another solid goalie the Huskies will face.. if he is square to the shot it is not going in. Gotta screen him or make him move side to side. I am sure the coaching staff has done their homework. Also, team has to cut down on the penalties. Glad that they play with grit, but i hoping they just put in a disciplined, solid 60 minute effort. Go from there. Go Huskies, all the best @ UVM.
              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• Gaudette with another assist tonight for the Canucks, v. the Wild. Just needs to get the G one of these days. Keep at it! Go NU
                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                  Gaudette with another assist tonight for the Canucks, v. the Wild. Just needs to get the G one of these days. Keep at it! Go NU
                  Mookie scored last night

Unassisted
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    Mookie scored last night

Unassisted
                    ...'bout time!
                    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

A day late but here's out UVM preview for tonight

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...s-hockey-east/
                      "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• not sure if its the officiating or us.. but undisciplined play contines for the Huskies.. 3 straight penalties in the first period, though we have looked good & in control in 5x5 play. inevitably will cost us if we dont fix things.
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• if UVM is going to score tonight, it'll be because we keep handing them powerplays & they will eventually convert. 5x5 it has been NU with the chances & Lekkas with the saves..we just sloppy on some penalties.
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• scoreless after 2. watch those penalties NU.. & we need to learn how to score on a 3 on 1, ha!
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

VT isn't a very good team this year and 2 PTS seems to be in jeopardy because we play a pit undisciplined. We are 2nd in the league in scoring but lead the league in 3rd period goals with 19. That said even though we are 2nd to last in Penalty Minutes 9.3 I think we are taking bad penalties. We need to be more disciplined 1/3 of the season now completed.

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                                Rossi, this one's for you from the folks over at gonu er.. nuhuskies.com -
                                this yrs team.. they are the Cardiac Canines

Don't touch those staples
                                LOL! HA That's awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X