UCHC Playoffs 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UCHC Playoffs 2019

That was a good, hard-fought series by both teams but I'm disgusted at Manhattanville's actions & attitude. Coach was disrespectful to fans, players stomping on Utica's logo, flipping off fans. There's no room for that kind of act, even if you're in hostile territory. It clouds the championship win. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by USAHockey80 View Post
      That was a good, hard-fought series by both teams but I'm disgusted at Manhattanville's actions & attitude. Coach was disrespectful to fans, players stomping on Utica's logo, flipping off fans. There's no room for that kind of act, even if you're in hostile territory. It clouds the championship win. They should be ashamed of themselves.
      Couldn't agree more. Manhattanville actions over the course of both games were just disgraceful. Coach had no self control getting into it with fans both behind the bench and in the suite by the locker room exit. I understand he may have been being taunted, but as a coach you can't be stooping down to that level yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by smbenny View Post
        How exciting was that!? M'Ville and EC go to the mini game, and then this weekend M'Ville scores with 5 seconds left to beat Utica to force yet another mini game. I really like the new playoff format and think it should continue. I know there are UC fans that might disagree but UC had plenty of chances to beat M'Ville and couldn't finish. Hats off to M'Ville and best of luck in the NCAA tournament!
        IDK, the mini-game thing really dragged things out for everyone involved.

That format is odd. Utica out-scored MC over the weekend, but lost the "series", which consisted of 2 legitimate games and a throw-in period posing as a game. Didn't add-up to me. If the UCHC wants a real series, then start it on a Thursday and play 3 actual hockey games. All the guys were so gassed in the "mini-game" that is was like watching them skate on Jell-O.

Having said all that, M'ville was the better team this weekend, overall. I didn't think that they were were especially thuggish, either. They are an older (25-26 YO) team and a physical one, and they wore a smaller UC squad down. Didn't help that Baggs had his worst game ever in net for UC, but that's how it goes.

Here I go again, but what in the world is illogical about RS champs getting the AQ, if one is to be gifted? Utica finished the RS a mile ahead of M'ville, then had to deal with the pitfalls of the BS PS tournament.

That really is stupid. It is. Who can advance any sort of a cogent argument that a game and a third should be worth more than the 20 previous? (Please, haters, don't even bother to try to sell that.)
        Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-03-2019, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
          They are an older (25-26 YO) team and a physical one, and they wore a smaller UC squad down.
          26? You think Manhattanville is picking up freshmen who aged out of junior hockey 2 years prior?

The oldest player on Manhattanville is 24, just like Utica.
          http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0081892019.html
          Last edited by altazo; 03-03-2019, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
            26? You think Manhattanville is picking up freshmen who aged out of junior hockey 2 years prior?

The oldest player on Manhattanville is 24, just like Utica. But whatever helps you sleep...

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/...081892019.html
            i was repeating what I heard from the (surprisingly abundant) M'ville fans with whom I visited over the weekend. I can't verify that independently, and your link didn't work.

It doesn't much matter anyway, truly. Shouldn't have gone there in the first place; it was beside the point.
            Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-03-2019, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post

The oldest player on Manhattanville is 24, just like Utica.
              http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0081892019.html
              Manhattanvile is the oldest team in d3 hockey, eliteprospects can tell you that in the matter of about 3 clicks. Also fishman dont call out Baggs, wouldnt have been there without him. You’ve had a history of calling out individuals unecessarily here and quite frankly im sick of it, speaking on many peoples behalf. Care to grab a coffee at Bite this week?

Comment

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
                Manhattanvile is the oldest team in d3 hockey, eliteprospects can tell you that in the matter of about 3 clicks. Also fishman dont call out Baggs, wouldnt have been there without him. You’ve had a history of calling out individuals unecessarily here and quite frankly im sick of it, speaking on many peoples behalf. Care to grab a coffee at Bite this week?
                Whatever you said.

I've been the first one (and the only one) to say that Baggs has been All-World on here. The best in a UC net I've ever seen, and I've seen them all since Day One, year 2000.

He just had an off-day... And yeah, he's the primary reason UC was one game away to begin with. Take 'er easy, already. If you'd actually read anything I've posted on here re: him in the past, you wouldn't be saying what you're saying.

(You're not his mom, are you?)
                Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-03-2019, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UticaHockey94 View Post
                  Couldn't agree more. Manhattanville actions over the course of both games were just disgraceful. Coach had no self control getting into it with fans both behind the bench and in the suite by the locker room exit. I understand he may have been being taunted, but as a coach you can't be stooping down to that level yourself.
                  Have to say it doesn’t surprise me. Arlen Marshall is not a class guy. He wasn’t as a player, either.

Comment

i have so little patience for that sort of macho BS that I ignore it whenever possible. I walked out to the concourse during the whole bench-drama thing.

Still, I can't honestly say that M'ville played anything like a dirty game during live-action. They are a big team, and win battles along the boards, but I saw very little in terms of chippiness from them. I can see them winning a game or two going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                      Whatever you said.

I've been the first one (and the only one) to say that Baggs has been All-World on here. The best in a UC net I've ever seen, and I've seen them all since Day One, year 2000.

He just had an off-day... And yeah, he's the primary reason UC was one game away to begin with. Take 'er easy, already. If you'd actually read anything I've posted on here re: him in the past, you wouldn't be saying what you're saying.

(You're not his mom, are you?)
                      You’ve been taking shots at individuals for years, which is easy to do behind a screen name. And no....im not his mom

Comment

There are a lot of people talking about the Utica Game with Manhattanville, Utica loses actually blows Adrian out of the tourney. Did not hear much complaining about that

Comment

UC got ****ing hosed. How did this goal get called off?

https://***********/SDavidsonWKTV/st...69874179952640

Those refs are an embarrassment to the sport. Robbed the team and the fans of a decent game.

Comment

They blew the lead in the third. Why aren't you talking about that? Best of luck to M'Ville.
                            2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by pegs View Post
                              UC got ****ing hosed. How did this goal get called off?

https://***********/SDavidsonWKTV/st...69874179952640

Those refs are an embarrassment to the sport. Robbed the team and the fans of a decent game.
                              Landrigan was definitely forced into the crease; saw that right in front of me.

But I expected the wash-out in that situation. It doesn't make any sense, but that's how it's called as a general rule.

(And, yeah, D-3 officiating isn't anything to write home about.)

Comment

Originally posted by smbenny View Post
                                They blew the lead in the third. Why aren't you talking about that? Best of luck to M'Ville.
                                Because I wanted to talk about this goal that should've counted, but got waved off because the refs cowered to Mville's whining.

Screw em, I hope those classless dicks get blown out in the tournament.

Comment

Working...
                                X