X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2019-2020 Season Thread

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    What's done is done...I blame ARM.
    A tried-and-true strategy if there ever was one. To the extent that I contributed in a situation where pokechecker felt it necessary to instruct us on the correct use of punctuation, I'm very sorry.

Cyndy Kenyon was another Wisconsin native who transferred to Madison to complete her NCAA career. This is offered as an FYI, and does not require any participant in this thread to alter or restate the case previously made.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
      he wants to be a nit picker, which is the term I'd use instead of pedantic
      When one has nits, one needs to have them picked.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
        A tried-and-true strategy if there ever was one. To the extent that I contributed in a situation where pokechecker felt it necessary to instruct us on the correct use of punctuation, I'm very sorry.

Cyndy Kenyon was another Wisconsin native who transferred to Madison to complete her NCAA career. This is offered as an FYI, and does not require any participant in this thread to alter or restate the case previously made.
        It's like you lawyered up...
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Not much cookin about this season right now, so I took a loot @ D and G for next year (I really like thinking about the future). There are no D coming in that I am aware of, so MJ is running with what he has now.....Buchbinder, Bowlby, Lamantia, Edwards, Grant, Kotlowski. The following year only Harvey is on the radar, so they would be down to 5.

On the goalie front, it will be the Blesi/Kronish show for 2 more years. There no goalie on the radar until 2023 when McNaughton arrives. 2022/2023 there is no goalie on the roster at all. I suppose with Webster and O'Brien on the roster maybe they won't need one.

He really doesn't have much of a history of bringing in late bloomers at all. He does have more of a recent history with transfers (Kepler, Campbell, Watts) so the next 12 months will be interesting in regards to the D and G spots.
          If they’re interested in 2022 D or G’s they can’t talk to them until June so don’t expect those spots to be filled until summer at the earliest.

Comment

Originally posted by Sieve1 View Post
            If they’re interested in 2022 D or G’s they can’t talk to them until June so don’t expect those spots to be filled until summer at the earliest.
            Excellent point.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Where do the off ice officials come from at La Bahn? I love the way they compute SOG!

Comment

Well that was an interesting game. The first 2 periods were what a Badger fan was expecting, controlling play, creating chances. The first 10 minutes of the 3rd period were a horrible sight to see. Kato just dominated. UW was chasing the whole time, not possessing the puck. A pp certainly helps that, but what was that? After they got within 1, the UW seemed to stabilize and got back into their game, but getting outshot 12-4 by Kato in that period? I am just shocked. Lots of teachable moments there, but it just builds concern for the future. I have never seen a period like that when UW was playing an on paper over-matched opponent. And then they got a late PP and I was on pins and needles until they took a penalty.

Kato as upgraded their speed for sure and they have enough talent to run 5 out there on the PP that can move the puck quickly and effectively. Levy had some rough moments, if she plays better it's an L for UW. I was also surprised to see that she has split time 50/50 with a Fr goalie. Interesting.

Had a couple refs I have never seen before, I don't know where they come up with these people. Harrington was fuming mad in the 2nd. He should have got a penalty for his conduct. Then in the 3rd he gets 2 make-up calls AND the linesmen botch multiple icings in favor of Kato. Usually the linemen call good games, but their 3rd period was brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Had a couple refs I have never seen before, I don't know where they come up with these people. Harrington was fuming mad in the 2nd. He should have got a penalty for his conduct. Then in the 3rd he gets 2 make-up calls AND the linesmen botch multiple icings in favor of Kato. Usually the linemen call good games, but their 3rd period was brutal.
                  If Harrington deserved a penalty in the second, Dan Koch deserved one in the third, after the call against Mauermann. He was HOT!

I'm hoping the coaches can "use" this game like the loss at Bemidji last year, to focus them on what kind of team they want to be and what they want to accomplish this year. Last year is past, what do you want to do with this year?

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                    Last year is past, what do you want to do with this year?
                    Tank and wait for Webster, O'Brien, and Wheeler next year?
                    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                      Tank and wait for Webster, O'Brien, and Wheeler next year?
                      Definitely tank. I think you get better draft choices that way.
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

The Mavericks power play goal most likely would never have happened if one certain player didn't chase the Mav's player all over the ice after picking up a loose puck. She put herself and the other 3 players out of position and made it easy for them to score. We were sitting behind the badgers bench and I was watching them come off the ice and I believe it was Steffens that had some choice words for this player and so did Koch when she reached the bench. She didn't see any ice time after that.
                        Last edited by Connaught Point; 11-17-2019, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Connaught Point View Post
                          The Mavericks power play goal most likely would never have happened if one certain player didn't chase the Mav's player all over the ice after picking up a loose puck. She put herself and the other 3 players out of position and made it easy for them to score. We were sitting behind the badgers bench and I was watching them come off the ice and I believe it was Steffens that had some choice words for this player and so did Koch when she reached the bench. She didn't see any ice time after that.
                          Please disclose the number. It isn't like 2200 others didn't see it happen, but I didn't and I'd like to know.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                            If Harrington deserved a penalty in the second, Dan Koch deserved one in the third, after the call against Mauermann. He was HOT!
                            I did not see anything as egregiously missed or miscalled against the Mavs (and I see everything ) as I did on the Mauermann call. She had inside position and the Mav fell on her. That a pile of Mav Poo that was.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              Please disclose the number. It isn't like 2200 others didn't see it happen, but I didn't and I'd like to know.
                              #8 Maddie Rowe,
                              Last edited by Connaught Point; 11-20-2019, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Connaught Point View Post
                                #8 Maddie Rowe, I really don't like putting anybody under down or under the bus so some say, but I really don't understand why they keep trotting her out on the ice. She has to be the slowest player on the team not counting the goalies (although I wonder), her passes usually are to nobody but an open space on the ice, she all most seems scared to screw up and half the time she does.
                                I went back and looked at the PP goal from Saturday. It is *quite* debatable that her "chasing" was what ended up allowing the goal. But you "really don't like putting anybody under down or under the bus", so what do I know.
                                Last edited by robertearle; 11-17-2019, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X