This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    Correct, but at the same time the Bruins may think of signing a veteran netminder on the cheap to ease Swaymans movement, where as he gains in experience at a certain level(ECHL)for say half to 3/4's of a season and then gets called up to Providence of the AHL to get seasoned there...goaltenders take time to be ready for the big show(NHL)...and it is a waste for him not to play at all levels...it only will help him and not hurt his progress(imo).
    Who the hell. With this guys accolades decides to go to echo hockey. If his play agent advises this much then he has great grounds to fire him. This is ignorant speak and everyone knows this much. You do realize his goalie coach was a former black bear great from the 93 team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
      Correct, but at the same time the Bruins may think of signing a veteran netminder on the cheap to ease Swaymans movement, where as he gains in experience at a certain level(ECHL)for say half to 3/4's of a season and then gets called up to Providence of the AHL to get seasoned there...goaltenders take time to be ready for the big show(NHL)...and it is a waste for him not to play at all levels...it only will help him and not hurt his progress(imo).
      He was goalie coached by Dunham.

Comment

• Re: Maine

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
        Who the hell. With this guys accolades decides to go to echo hockey. If his play agent advises this much then he has great grounds to fire him. This is ignorant speak and everyone knows this much. You do realize his goalie coach was a former black bear great from the 93 team.
        When or if he should sign with Boston, there are Entry Level Deals...and trust me if Boston signs him and say's ECHL first...then AHL, then Mr. Swayman will do his time....he won't be a Darling(#38)and pout and cry then down a case a beer...this kid came to Maine to play and win and then onto bigger and better things....and good for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
          I did check it out, and it you got me there.

The ECHL used to be just another fight-league for guys who would never make it to The Show. And it was one of many in that regard. Any form of minor league hockey South of the AHL was a dead-end s***-show for many many years.

Not sure how many of the current crop even get a cup of coffee in the NHL these days, but the ECHL does look like a possible pipeline right now.

Still, if I'm Sway, I'm not coming out anywhere without a hefty signing bonus.
          It use to be and in some terms still is(rough house and fighting)...but now a days this is a good start for goaltenders, especially the ones with talent...and I didn't mean to get you...just a little bit of facts. As far as a hefty bonus that will be tied into whatever Entry Level Deal he signs, and he could also stay his Senior year at Maine and wait till the season is done and wait till fall/August 15th and become a Free Agent and sign with whom ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
            It use to be and in some terms still is(rough house and fighting)...but now a days this is a good start for goaltenders, especially the ones with talent...and I didn't mean to get you...just a little bit of facts. As far as a hefty bonus that will be tied into whatever Entry Level Deal he signs, and he could also stay his Senior year at Maine and wait till the season is done and wait till fall/August 15th and become a Free Agent and sign with whom ever.
            Having experienced this phenomena with Alex Lyon leaving Yale after his junior year, I don't think he leaves for anything unless it's a two way AHL-NHL deal.
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
              Having experienced this phenomena with Alex Lyon leaving Yale after his junior year, I don't think he leaves for anything unless it's a two way AHL-NHL deal.
              Maybe...but if its down to playing more and getting the experience I see him playing in the ECHL for a short period of time. Anyways we shall let the Swayman camp and the Bruins deal with it...in the mean time, winning at the college level is the name of the game for Swayman. Again this weekend versus the US Development team I would rest Swayman and play Theissen and Mundinger...Maine plays at UConn this coming Wednesday then the weekend off and then back on the road a week later @ BC...plenty of action for Swayman in those 3 games.

Comment

So this Black Bear has been hibernating for the past 3 or 4 years. Are we close to winning another NC yet ?
                I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                  So this Black Bear has been hibernating for the past 3 or 4 years. Are we close to winning another NC yet ?
                  Almost there. I'd go back in the den and check back in ten years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                    Again this weekend versus the US Development team I would rest Swayman and play Theissen and Mundinger...Maine plays at UConn this coming Wednesday then the weekend off and then back on the road a week later @ BC...plenty of action for Swayman in those 3 games.
                    If Red plays Swayman this weekend against the under 18 team it makes that coaching blunder at Quinnipiac seem even worse.

Comment

Larry lives?
                      Originally posted by mookie1995
                      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                        If Red plays Swayman this weekend against the under 18 team it makes that coaching blunder at Quinnipiac seem even worse.
                        Swayman won't play against Team USA, I'd bet on it. He hasn't played his starter, whomever it is at the time, against them since I've been here.

Comment

NO and sadly that window is not opening any time soon. Getting the Program back to relevant and making some shred recruiting and then maybe the foundation can start again at winning games, finishing in the top 4-5 in Hockey East, making a trip or two to Boston and sniffing at the NCCA's...maybe someday...??

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                            Swayman won't play against Team USA, I'd bet on it. He hasn't played his starter, whomever it is at the time, against them since I've been here.
                            I agree Mundinger and Thiessen will split the game.

Comment

Dang, son! Who rattled your cage? Welcome back.
                              bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                              SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                              All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                              A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                                Larry lives?
                                Hell yeah bro....acs not only lives, he's thriving ! Are ya a BU fanboy yet ??

Geeezus, since I last checked the entire league seems upside down....UMyAss........?? WTH
                                I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X