X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bohemian Rap City: Movies Thread

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    you guys know what is to come next? a development trail of some sort??
    Yes, it's out there. St. Clown is right. It'll be phase 4 next. But, they'll never do another huge thing like this one ever again I doubt.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

you guys know what is to come next? a development trail of some sort??
      Comic books movies are strictly O&M. You put the pellet in this end and the money pops out that end.

Marvel made one 60-hour movie and charged $250.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Yes, it's out there. St. Clown is right. It'll be phase 4 next. But, they'll never do another huge thing like this one ever again I doubt.
        Wanna bet?
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          No. Some of the minor superheroes will become the major ones, and other characters not yet brought into the Disney Marvel Cinematic Universe will be introduced to the public.

Some of the big-name supes will die in this movie.
          Interesting....
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Phase 1: Establishing the big names for the past 10 years.
            Phase 2: Introducing the ancillary superheroes for the Infinity Wars push.
            Phase 3: Create the superhero intra-squad turmoil, and bring them together for the big finale.
            Phase 4: Start it all over with some of the ancillary guys (and those big names for whom Marvel only just reacquired the movie rights).
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

So, you’re thinking the captain America character who is a bad guy but started as a young kid sidekick (forget the name...)?

Comment

So, you’re thinking the captain America character who is a bad guy but started as a young kid sidekick (forget the name...)?
                No idea. Read something about how they've changed the character in the comic books, but I don't read the comic books.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  No idea. Read something about how they've changed the character in the comic books, but I don't read the comic books.
                  Thor is female now. So is wolverine, Iron Man. Probably the number one thing I hated about comic books when I was a kid is the #1 thing I like about them now. I love all the changing and mixing and matching. I think I finally started to like it after I finally got to see on film some of the things I didn't want to change come to life. Thor's Hammer and it's mythology for example. Watching Hulk not being able to pick it up was a transcendental moment for me. Still like to see a true representation of the Green Goblin on film though.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

DC and Marvel have been doing that for years. Problem is the purists get annoyed and things flip back. Some of the best stories I have read were legacy characters that were not the norm. Some of the best message board fights I ever read were the wars over John Stewart or Hal Jordan as Green Lantern. (not to mention Kyle Raynor) Now they have a female Muslim too...so much fun to watch the meltdowns.

The problems comics have that movies dont is that lots of people can see the movie who have no tie to the characters. Even a film that bombs, more people will see that than will EVER read the comic. The only people reading comic books are the same people who were reading them 15/20/25 years ago. Actually I take that back, that number has dropped. Comics is an insular fanbase and even the massive success of the Marvel Cinematic Universe hasnt changed it. I still check out the sales charts from time to time...it might as well be 2006 back when I was working at my local store. No new fans are created...maybe there is a bump for a few months but it dies down quickly. As such the fans have all the power. If the purists hate something the companies need to flip it back sooner or later or risk real financial consequences.

The movies are different though. I cant speak for the specifics of what is going on because the MCU isnt my thing but if say, post Endgame, they decide to change to a female Cap they can make it work 10000 times easier than they can in the comics. Even if every comic nerd revolted that would be like, at best, 10% of the movie goers to the film. (and likely it would be closer to 1%) It would have a greater impact anyways and last a heckuva lot longer.

As for Endgame, I have no doubt that you all will enjoy it.
                    Last edited by Handyman; 04-24-2019, 11:21 AM.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

There are reportedly no end credits scenes. So you can safely run to the bathroom once the screen fades to black.

Has anyone heard anything negative about the movie? Closest I have heard is that there is too much to take in in one viewing (which seems like a great way to make money) but nothing bad about pacing, writing etc.

ETA: Just saw a report that Endgame accounted for 99% of ticket sales in China on Wednesday. That $1Billion global opening is within reach.

ETA2: Endgame set a record with $28.2M at midnight shows in China. It is estimated for $107 for the first day. Only eight movies have made that much in its entire theatrical run in China this year. Only 22 did in 2018.
                      Last edited by ticapnews; 04-24-2019, 11:48 AM.

Comment

First showing here started couple minutes ago.. not many available seats for the rest of the evening (other than first row).

They are givin it 3h 0m viewing time. Is there a bunch cut here then (surprised how much is edited )

Comment

We have our IMAX seats booked for this Saturday. Looking forward to it.

Comment

First showing here started couple minutes ago.. not many available seats for the rest of the evening (other than first row).

They are givin it 3h 0m viewing time. Is there a bunch cut here then (surprised how much is edited )
                            According to IMDB, it has a 181 run-time. If they've cut anything, it isn't much.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              According to IMDB, it has a 181 run-time. If they've cut anything, it isn't much.
                              You’d be surprised

Comment

Would you guys move Endgame discussions to the duh spoilers thread before somebody f-cks up, please?
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X