This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2nd Term Part VIII - The Thin Red Line

You know President Feckless is in trouble when even the New York Times piles on.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/05/29...html?referrer=

President Obama and his aides heralded his commencement speech at the United States Military Academy at West Point on Wednesday as a big moment, when he would lay out his foreign policy vision for the remainder of his term and refute his critics. The address did not match the hype, was largely uninspiring, lacked strategic sweep and is unlikely to quiet his detractors, on the right or the left
    Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      What's the dividing line? I-84?
      The five boroughs.

What could it be named?
      2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
      2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
      2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
      2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
      2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Originally posted by 97osu View Post
        The five boroughs.

What could it be named?
        New Amsterdam.

I would include Westchester. The Clintons need to be in the new state.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
          I assume you voted for John McCain?
          I'd hope so. Can't imagine he'd ever turf a vet for disagreeing with him. Would be a truly heinous act.
          I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
            I'd hope so. Can't imagine he'd ever turf a vet for disagreeing with him. Would be a truly heinous act.
            And an expert on the economy to boot.

Comment

What's the dividing line? I-84?
              Westchester and Rockland Counties go.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                I assume you voted for John McCain?
                John McCain fought in WWII??? I wonder why he never mentioned that on the campaign trail..
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  John McCain fought in WWII??? I wonder why he never mentioned that on the campaign trail..
                  Ah, you're picky about which vets you support, and turf the others. I see.
                  Originally posted by Priceless
                  Good to see you're so reasonable.
                  Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                  Very well, said.
                  Originally posted by Rover
                  A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Ah, you're picky about which vets you support, and turf the others. I see.

More like I put WWII vets on a higher pedestal. However, I do have to wonder why you could be a George W Bush supporter (and you were Bob, right up until his poll #'s went south) given his disgusting whispering campaign about your senior senator's mental health during the 2000 campaign.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

More like I put WWII vets on a higher pedestal. However, I do have to wonder why you could be a George W Bush supporter (and you were Bob, right up until his poll #'s went south) given his disgusting whispering campaign about your senior senator's mental health during the 2000 campaign.
                      Why? Vets who served after WWII are deserving of anything less? They all served their country as ordered by the commander-in-chief. You can't pick and choose like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                        Why? Vets who served after WWII are deserving of anything less? They all served their country as ordered by the commander-in-chief. You can't pick and choose like that.

WWII vets from my experience (and that whole generation to be fair) are a special bunch. They fought in the worst conflict in world history, all pulled together to serve a higher purpose, then came home undettered by what they experienced and drove this country economically to new heights. If you aren't fortunate enough to have dealt with people from that era, I feel sorry for you.

Comment

You fail to recall that I'm not a big John McCain fan. I think sometimes he's so busy on the national stage, he forgets what state he's in D.C. to represent. That said, McCain's service in Vietnam, including his lengthly stint as POW, hardly make him a lesser vet than WW2 folks. To me all vets deserve our respect, with extra kudos to those who were actually in harm's way.
                          Originally posted by Priceless
                          Good to see you're so reasonable.
                          Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                          Very well, said.
                          Originally posted by Rover
                          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

You fail to recall that I'm not a big John McCain fan. I think sometimes he's so busy on the national stage, he forgets what state he's in D.C. to represent. That said, McCain's service in Vietnam, including his lengthly stint as POW, hardly make him a lesser vet than WW2 folks. To me all vets deserve our respect, with extra kudos to those who were actually in harm's way.
                            John McCain's service is to be commended. John McCain's lessons learned from his service are not. There's a list of like 10 places he currently wants to have US troops in right now (Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Mali, Ukraine, Nigeria, etc etc). No. Thanks.

Having said that, he didn't deserve the whispering campaign your hero W subjected him to, so much so McCain's own daughter says she still hates Bush's top advisor for it 14 years later....

Comment

John McCain's service is to be commended. John McCain's lessons learned from his service are not. There's a list of like 10 places he currently wants to have US troops in right now (Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Mali, Ukraine, Nigeria, etc etc). No. Thanks.

Having said that, he didn't deserve the whispering campaign your hero W subjected him to, so much so McCain's own daughter says she still hates Bush's top advisor for it 14 years later....
                              Nor did Barry Goldwater deserve the treatment he received from LBJ and the East Coast Intelligensia.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Nor did Barry Goldwater deserve the treatment he received from LBJ and the East Coast Intelligensia.
                                Great, but LBJ's been dead for what....40 years? Goldwater gave up the ghost about 20 years ago? You conservatives all fully supported George W Bush, who was President up until Jan of 2009 and who's slander affected a sitting US Senator, one who currently represents several USCHO posters in Congress. I can't speak to people's motivations for voting 50 years ago, but I do have to wonder why the "waive the bloody shirt" crowd has little problem with non-combat vet politicians smearing combat vets in the here and now, as long as the people doing the smearing are conservative...

Comment

Working...
                                X