X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ECAC Hockey 2010-2011

Originally posted by TimU View Post
    I think this is Union's year.
    My best guess is Union is going to need some help this year !!!!!! They basically lost the core of the team. Their style of play will keep them in most games...but they lost their go to guys. It remains to be seen whom if anyone is ready to step up.Not being a Union fan thats JMO.
    What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
      I'm not even going to try and predict things in thw conference at this point.

I do agree that the conference will be down (ie, don't think we will get more than one team in the NCAAs and that team most likely will not win a game).

Of course I hope I am wrong.
      FWIW keep in mind there will be an extra at-large berth available this year with the disbanding of College Hockey America.
      Originally posted by winger
      Two words for you. UBER DORK

Comment

Originally posted by jtwcornell91 View Post
        FWIW keep in mind there will be an extra at-large berth available this year with the disbanding of College Hockey America.
        If anything, I think that will probably end up going to a western team. They've usually been the ones in past years who are "on the bubble". I certainly hope we provide at least two solid teams to make the national tournament, but I'm not holding my breath for three, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          If anything, I think that will probably end up going to a western team. They've usually been the ones in past years who are "on the bubble". I certainly hope we provide at least two solid teams to make the national tournament, but I'm not holding my breath for three, unfortunately.
          We don't need two solid teams - just one solid team and a choke!
          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Thinking "Gate" has some potential to being good. Finished fourth last year with 4-5 frosh defensemen in the lineup. Smith and Day are gamemakers and McIntyre is the only major loss. Larkin is the best frosh dman I have seen at Gate in a long time.(6-4) Also Wagner looks to be a big time scorer, a frosh that was MVP and leading scorer in EJHL.
            Last edited by sshablak; 09-08-2010, 12:42 PM.
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
              Thinking "Gate" has some potential to being good. Finished fourth last year with 4-5 frosh defensemen in the lineup. Smith and Day are gamemakers and McIntyre is the only major loss. Larkin is the best frosh dman I have seen at Gate in a long time.(6-4) Also Wagner looks to be a big time scorer, a frosh that was MVP and leading scorer in EJHL.
              Colgate's surprised me the past couple of years. I always think they've got plenty of talent, just haven't put it together. Vaughn seems like a class act & the type of guy you root for -- usually.

The conference appears to be pretty jumbled from 2-12 this year. Yale looks like they're a cut above. Out of the rest, a team or two are going to put it together, stay healthy and have a nice run. Quinnipiac? Brown? At some point Harvard has to put it together -- their talent is always impressive, though this year seems less so the past few (so maybe this is their year).

Comment

League teams and officials to wear special 50th anniversary patch for the season:

http://static.psbin.com/w/l/3kzck9q3...nnoucement.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by ithacat View Post
                  Colgate's surprised me the past couple of years. I always think they've got plenty of talent, just haven't put it together. Vaughn seems like a class act & the type of guy you root for -- usually.

The conference appears to be pretty jumbled from 2-12 this year. Yale looks like they're a cut above. Out of the rest, a team or two are going to put it together, stay healthy and have a nice run. Quinnipiac? Brown? At some point Harvard has to put it together -- their talent is always impressive, though this year seems less so the past few (so maybe this is their year).
                  Until about a month ago it looked like RPI could give Yale a run, but with the loss of D'Amigo and Pirri, they may drop back into the pack. I still think they could challenge for a top four spot. A couple of people I respect are touting Dartmouth and with good reason. They have just about everyone back. Harvard lost LeBlanc, and they have not done well with Donato at the helm, so I believe they will be towards the bottom. Union has lost a lot of quality players the last two years, but have some talent coming in and Nate Leaman may be the best coach in the league. RPI would love to have Mark Jooris' son. They could've had him, but didn't have room in the spring. With the loss of Pirri and D'Amigo, losing him to Union really hurts.
                  Yale should win it all, but they need to find someone to stop the puck. You can't win every game 9-7. Q'Pac will be good, as will SLU. Flanagan is the real deal. Colgate should make a run at the top four, and Cornell is always going to be in the mix.

Order of finish
                  YALE, Dartmouth, Colgate, RPI, Cornell, Brown, Q'Pac, Union, SLU, Harvard, Princeton, Clarkson

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                    I think the real question here is, "Will Harvard win a non-conference game?"
                    Zing! Love it.
                    Cornell '92, Michigan '97 - Go Red! Go Blue!
                    I flex a real hard juice card.

Comment

Submitted for your consideration.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Submitted for your consideration.
                        I'd flip Colgate above Union but otherwise I agree. Wish I could say that Cornell should be top 3 or 4 in the conference but I can't. They lost a ton of scoring (well for them at least in a relative sense), size and obviously there will be a new goalie. I think they'll miss Brendon Nash as well despite some of the moaning about him - I thought he was pretty reliable and he ate up a lot of minutes. Krueger too.
                        Cornell '92, Michigan '97 - Go Red! Go Blue!
                        I flex a real hard juice card.

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
                          I think this is Union's year.
                          U lost 3 of their top 4 scorers...so if folks are gonna downgrade RPI and Cornell for losing point producers, then you have apply the same logic for U. If anything I think last year was "their" year. They should have excellent goaltending and will be a tough out, but they might be short on scoring night in and night out.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                            RPI would love to have Mark Jooris' son. They could've had him, but didn't have room in the spring.
                            That is the first that I have heard that RPI had an interest in Josh Jooris. Can you supply your source for that information?
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              That is the first that I have heard that RPI had an interest in Josh Jooris...
                              Agreed RB. Especially the insinuation that RPI didn't have room for him...RPI signed four kids for 10/11 after Jooris signed with U on 11/20/09.
                              Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 09-10-2010, 01:57 PM.
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                                U lost 3 of their top 4 scorers...so if folks are gonna downgrade RPI and Cornell for losing point producers, then you have apply the same logic for U. If anything I think last year was "their" year. They should have excellent goaltending and will be a tough out, but they might be short on scoring night in and night out.
                                I tend to agree generally speaking with this analysis. Union lost a lot of point production, but look pretty solid defensively. I'm expecting Presizniuk to step up to take the scoring lead after what I thought was a good but slightly disappointing junior year. Of course he's likely to attract a lot of defensive attention, not unlike Polacek will, so he'll need support from his new linemates. Most of all they will need one or two players to emerge offensively, not unlike MVT did last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X