Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Huskies Off-Season 2019: The Quest to Get Hard

Ray Brice with a little off-season comedy jab.

https://***********/briceraymond?lang=en
    Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 05-03-2019, 08:10 AM.

Comment

There has been some speculation previously whether Jagger Williamson will arrive in Houghton. Any updates?
      Is the staff done with next year's additions?

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
        If this is true, I am very sorry to hear it.
        Rumors of being a Cat

Comment

• Originally posted by giwan View Post
          Rumors of being a Cat
          Say it ain’t so that will be tough

Comment

Does anyone know; if a player is cut from the team and transfers to another school do they have to sit out a semester? I know that if the player chooses to transfer they would have to sit out but if they were released "against their will" can they play at another school immediately?

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
              Does anyone know; if a player is cut from the team and transfers to another school do they have to sit out a semester? I know that if the player chooses to transfer they would have to sit out but if they were released "against their will" can they play at another school immediately?
              I believe Joe would have to formally release Gavin from his commitment to Tech for him to be eligible to step in and play somewhere else this fall. Not sure if flat-out cutting him from the team triggers an automatic release (in which case Joe would be stupid to do that), but in cases where the separation is mutually agreed to, I imagine coaches will usually sign the release once the player lines up a transfer to a school that isn't a conference opponent. Like Munson going from Vermont to Denver to Tech.

If he wants to transfer to eNeMa U as a parting shot to Joe, then all bets are off. Let's hope it doesn't get that ugly.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                I believe Joe would have to formally release Gavin from his commitment to Tech for him to be eligible to step in and play somewhere else this fall. Not sure if flat-out cutting him from the team triggers an automatic release (in which case Joe would be stupid to do that), but in cases where the separation is mutually agreed to, I imagine coaches will usually sign the release once the player lines up a transfer to a school that isn't a conference opponent. Like Munson going from Vermont to Denver to Tech.

If he wants to transfer to eNeMa U as a parting shot to Joe, then all bets are off. Let's hope it doesn't get that ugly.
                Would he be the “player to be named later” in the Pietila deal?
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                  As FtB&G noted, it does require the coach/school to release the player from their obligation, which I believe is rooted in the National Letter of Intent (please don't take that as fact since I haven't read the paperwork lately). UAH has done this twice: once when it appeared to be going under (which led to Clarke Saunders going to North Dakota and Mac Roy to Robert Morris) and once more two years later after the execrable 2-35-1 team needed to cut some dead weight to balance the class groups and get more talent in the door. In neither instance did we have a player of Gould's caliber, although one could argue that Saunders would've been huge in two more years in blue and white.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

To me, logically thinking, if a player is cut by the coach from the team, I don't see how the team and NCAA could say that you have to sit out a year if you transfer? The coach is the one terminating the contract, not the player.

But then again, the NCAA has failed logically in some of their rules.......
                    Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                    FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

His game is better suited to the big ice but if NMU wants him ... well hard for a coach to stand in his way. I'm sorry he's leaving though. I liked him.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

When the rumor first surfaced that Gould was being let go I heard Marv was picking him up. I guess that may not have panned out. I feel he deserves to play somewhere. It still boggles my mind that both parties couldn't work things out. Went back and listened to the the last JSH. Sounds like the coach was pretty upset with him. Again, when I listened to the show initially I thought the "entitled" player was one of the seniors.
                        If Gould does end up a wildcat I feel sorry for MTU on those four rivalry nights! Hell hath no fury like a player scorned!!!

Comment

2019-2020 Schedule is out
                          https://www.michigantechhuskies.com/...19-20/schedule

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                            Where is the GLI or is that not added to the schedule until later?

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                              Where is the GLI or is that not added to the schedule until later?
                              Dates yet to be confirmed, pending the release of the NHL and NBA schedules.

Comment

Dirk Hembroff says be on the lookout for an offseason Joe Shawhan Hour next week. Details to be confirmed here when available.

Comment

Working...
                                X