Colgate 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate 2018-19

Tickets confirm that it will be at the Blue Cross Arena in Rochester, N.Y., even though the College Hockey News app incorrectly lists the Gene Polisseni Arena in Henrietta, N.Y.
    Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 10-15-2018, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Caught both games, generally impressed for opening weekend, even against what should be a below-average HE team. Not only did we get results, but looked good for stretches. Want to turn some of those chances into goals, if they keep coming.

Just look for some early momentum. Wonder if Benson (the ECAC goaltender of the week ) is set as the guy going forward, or if we see some of Friend/Farrier in the next couple of OOC games.
      ECAC Champions: 1990
      NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
      ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
      NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
      Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

I think he's earned the right to be the starter. Nice article on Gate on College Hockey News.com, check it out.
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

I think he plays until he has a so-so game, the other guys don’t get a chance until there is an “off” game. Ride the hot hand.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
            I'm a little confused here, I watched from home Friday night and John McGraw was the play by play announcer, the HD video quality was great. The problems were his voice muted for sometimes about five minutes, but you could hear the sounds of the game, just not him. Like his mic was off but the microphones by the "boards" were on. The other problem was the cameraman didn't show play in the corners, like he didn't turn it far enough to catch the play in the two nearest corners, also a few times he was behind the play, even at center ice.

Also, I couldn't sign in to the thread here all weekend. As a whole, you have to be very happy. The biggest problem is replacing Point obv and Bensen looks to be more than adequate. The passing was crisp for the most part, defense kept quality shots on goal to a minimum, and the forwards were working hard backchecking. All good !

Anytime you sweep a Hockey East team you have to be happy, even though they're picked ninth or tenth. Next weekend we play RIT who upset UMass Lowell then Miami Of Ohio, and Ohio State who is currently ranked #1 in a few weeks. It doesn't get any easier.

Forgot to mention, only four penalties all weekend, another problem we had last year.
            I share your pain bud. Couple (of) things: In past years listening to John on the radio broadcasts he faded out every so often. I think it was b/c he was not speaking right into the mic, maybe getting scores of other games from his spotter or adjusting his equipment, looking away, etc. So that may have been the reason the sound was muted....or maybe not.

I agree about the camera problem. The corner coverage was not good; seems like the action had already passed by when they switched on the camera. Also the angle of the camera did not pick up the play....and they didn't follow the action down ice, which they could have, and not switch immediately to the overhead. The overhead center ice camera really needs to be improved. It doesn't pick up the action immediately below.

USCHO demands that you change passwords about every 6 months (which I think is a pain and not necessary). This could be the reason you couldn't get on the thread. Check out your password and maybe establish a new one (?)

(No FB this Sat....8-/
            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

The part that made an impression on me from the CHN article...and not in a good way:

This is Vaughan's 26th year on the job, and he's seen a lot. His teams have been to the NCAAs three times and won two regular-season titles, but never won an ECAC tournament championship or an NCAA game.
              C O L G A T E
              2023 ECAC CHAMPION
              1990 NCAA FINALS
              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
              ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
              ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Here's a link to the article, in case anyone still needs it: https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...to-Point-B.php

I was there as well this weekend, happy to say hello to Iowa (though sorry to miss you, Shabby). Great to start with two wins, pleased with Benson, liked the new style of play. Let's get a few more in the net going forward, but so far so good!

Comment

I think he's earned the right to be the starter. Nice article on Gate on College Hockey News.com, check it out.
                  It's a nice article, and I know Vaughan likes having a clear #1. He does have good things to say about Farrier too, and suggests they might both get time. Maybe not with the one-off this weekend, but perhaps the next trip out to Ohio?

Either way, easy to be optimistic so far, even with 3 freshmen
                  ECAC Champions: 1990
                  NCAA Frozen Four: 1990
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 1990 2004 2006
                  ECAC Final Four: 1981 1990 1995 2000 2004 2005 2006 2008 2011 2012 2014 2015
                  NCAA Tournament: 1981 1990 2000 2005 2014
                  Let's Go 'Gate!

Comment

New recruit for 2019-20 Anthony Stark, defenseman, Madison Capitals USHL, Shattuck St Mary's, only 5 foot 8, must be very mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                      USCHO demands that you change passwords about every 6 months (which I think is a pain and not necessary). This could be the reason you couldn't get on the thread. Check out your password and maybe establish a new one (?)
                      I'll spare you the nightmarish details of trying to update my password over the last several days. >:-(

Hope we don't look past RIT this weekend. Go 'gate!

Comment

If we overlook RIT this weekend we'll come home with a loss. They beat UMass Lowell away and lost to them also at Tsongas while outshooting them in the loss. There will be 9-10,000 fans there at Blue Cross Arena. It's a big weekend for them. A loss could really hurt our PWR against Atlantic hockey.
                        Last edited by sshablak; 10-19-2018, 11:49 AM.

Comment

There will be 9-10,000 fans there at Blue Cross Arena.
                          They announced late this morning that only 400 tickets remain for tomorrow night. Sell out is 10,556. If you're planning on coming to the came, you'll want to get your tickets immediately.

Comment

Probably the second-to-last time that I'll spam the ECAC Pick the Standings contest. Only one week remains until the first ECAC contest of the season, so get your picks (or revisions) in soon!
                            RPI Pep Band
                            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Mitch Benson first on the ice for Colgate. Blue Cross Arena in downtown Rochester is swimming in a sea of orange (free RIT t-shirts handed out at the door). Colgate alum did have a free ‘Gate gear table at entrance, too, which was kewl. The arena is electric during the pre-game warm-up.

Comment

End of 1 period... RIT 12, Colgate 11, Shots on Goal. RIT 3, Colgate 0, Score. ‘Gate started off tentative, maybe rattled by the large orange crowd. One goal against early. But, we settled down, only to have captain Citreon take his second penalty. RIT PPG resulted, followed by a quicke on their next play. We definitely need to settle down in the remaining two periods, including our goalie Benson.

Comment

Working...
                                X