X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 116th Congress: Episode 2 The Turtle Has Total Control

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    I guess Kep and ticapnews were right. Joni's version is out to hurt people like me, because Republicans.
    The cruelty is the point.

Bill Maher's New Rule last Friday was right. It's not enough to just state your case nowadays, you have to destroy. You have to "own" someone. Maybe, going into the holidays, we all need to learn to "let it go" instead.

Comment

And then of course she projects and says the Dems are the ones making it a partisan issue.
      No *****...we are not that stupid.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        The cruelty is the point.

Bill Maher's New Rule last Friday was right. It's not enough to just state your case nowadays, you have to destroy. You have to "own" someone. Maybe, going into the holidays, we all need to learn to "let it go" instead.
        This isn't new. It goes back to the Inquisition. "If you believe you are right you have the moral obligation to impose your will on others."

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Republicans gotta Republican. Amy, can you still work with them?
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
            This isn't new. It goes back to the Inquisition. "If you believe you are right you have the moral obligation to impose your will on others."
            Why start with the inquisition? People have always tended to feel they were right, and those with authority have always tended to impose their will on others, sometimes brutally.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
              Why start with the inquisition? People have always tended to feel they were right, and those with authority have always tended to impose their will on others, sometimes brutally.
              I think that was the first time that idea was verbalized. Before that the Church was more subtle about spreading its doctrine and oppressing people. The Crusades were sold as a response to Muslim aggression. The Inquisition was the Church openly saying, "No, we're right and everyone else is wrong and if you disagree we'll kill you and you'll spend all eternity in a lake of fire."

Comment

There are 100's of bills his desk. All they care about is this ****ing USMCA bill. Which as I understand it is just NAFTA all over again with some corporate updates.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                  Nobody expects the inquisition.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    I think that was the first time that idea was verbalized
                    The Christians were torturing and murdering people for heresy as early as the 5th century. Didn't want to do it. Felt they owed it to them.

I'm sure all monotheist cults have had murderous phases. If there's only one way to paradise then you're doing somebody a favor by torturing them them unto death if they recant. Because what's a horrific bodily death if they soul lives forever in paradise? Christianity is likely no better nor worse than any of them. The only thing that made it more lethal was the efficiency of Western weapons and political organization.

Land the Apache in France in 400 AD with flintlocks and they'd have murdered everybody from there to Moscow in the name of the Goddess of the Hunt or whatever. That's monotheism at work.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 11-21-2019, 03:29 PM.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Even Will Hurd doesn't see the light. Amy, still think you can work with these guys?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Even Will Hurd doesn't see the light. Amy, still think you can work with these guys?
                        Hurd sees the light all right, which is why he's retiring. BUT, he also sees the green, which is a lucrative lobbying or think tank job that he doesn't want to miss out on by publically breaking with the cult.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I think this thread title is all wrong.

Shouldn't it be something like: 116th Congress Episode 2: Get into Schiff shape!
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Shouldn't it be something like: 116th Congress Episode 2: Get into Schiff shape!
                              116th Congress: Same old Schiff, Different day
                              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

It makes me think of this and that makes me happy.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X