This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: One Person's Trash...

Series Finale of Crazy Ex GF was pretty solid. Watching the Live Concert they did now and enjoying the heck out of it
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Verdon Fosse.

We're living in the golden age of television. I've only seen ep 1 but holy balls it's good. A very involving watch; extraordinarily moving -- both leads. And the pacing and shooting is as brilliant as it has to be to stand up to the story and the All that Jazz echoes that run through it.

If you care about musicals, A+. If you don't it will mean less than nothing.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Never watched James Corden before except for a few CPK bits on YT. Most were very meh but the one with McCartney was pure brilliance. Anyway as for his show (I watched 5 episodes) I don't know what is worse - the overall writing and producting or his delivery. Ugh. Never again.

On the good side Gomorrah S4 has begun with 4 episodes available now. If you have not watched it yet find it now.

Comment

After 3 episodes of Hanna: I don't care about any of the adults.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Veep is a national treasure. This speech to Iowa abortion protesters will go down as one of my favorites :

“Oh! You want me to think about the children, you hog-fingering ****s? Well, I did think about this. I considered it, and I cried, and yeah, suck my cock, I even prayed a little, and here I am. So you can back the **** off, you hypocritical ****s, before I show up to the **** puddle that is your house and protest your husband whacking it to your daughter’s seventh grade yearbook.”

Comment

This ****ing guy on Jeopardy....

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

What did he do?
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  What did he do?
                  Breaking all sorts of records, and scored a perfect day (41-41 for answering, IIRC).
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

From ESPN of all places:

On the episode that aired Wednesday, (James) Holzhauer topped his own single-game winnings mark with $131,127 to capture his 10th straight victory.

He has won $697,787 during his 10-day run and is already second on the show's all-time, regular-play winnings list, behind only past great champion Ken Jennings.

Jennings won more than $2.5 million during his 74-game winning streak in 2004. Holzhauer is on pace to surpass Jennings in just 36 games and now owns the four most prolific single-day performances ever on the show.

In Wednesday's episode, he went 40-for-40 on responses in the first two rounds and went into Final Jeopardy! with $71,114 and a commanding lead.
                    Cornell University

Comment

He’s a sports gambler who goes in with a unique strategy. Always starts with the highest money values to build an early lead, then through doing that generally finds the DD after getting 5-6k. Goes all in and suddenly he’s up 10k in single jeopardy while the others are lucky to be cracking 2k.

Then double jeopardy comes around and he does the same thing, though rather than going all in he usually just bets enough at this point to keep his lead, but depending on the day and how late the second DD is picked it could mean as much as a 30k bet.

Final jeopardy he initially messed around with bets to either make his bet or his final total a family member’s birthday, but yesterday his lead was so big he was able to bet 60k and still win if he got it wrong.

I believe he’s only gotten one DD wrong the whole time, so this system may crash and burn if he gets a DD in double jeopardy wrong, but this is dominance you rarely see anywhere, sporting event, gameshow or anything else.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                        He’s a sports gambler who goes in with a unique strategy. Always starts with the highest money values to build an early lead, then through doing that generally finds the DD after getting 5-6k. Goes all in and suddenly he’s up 10k in single jeopardy while the others are lucky to be cracking 2k.

Then double jeopardy comes around and he does the same thing, though rather than going all in he usually just bets enough at this point to keep his lead, but depending on the day and how late the second DD is picked it could mean as much as a 30k bet.

Final jeopardy he initially messed around with bets to either make his bet or his final total a family member’s birthday, but yesterday his lead was so big he was able to bet 60k and still win if he got it wrong.

I believe he’s only gotten one DD wrong the whole time, so this system may crash and burn if he gets a DD in double jeopardy wrong, but this is dominance you rarely see anywhere, sporting event, gameshow or anything else.
                        Solid strategy. DDs make or break a run. Just FINDING the DD is an advantage in and of itself because you've taken that opportunity to catch up away from your opponents. (See the guy who jumped all over the board DD hunting and bet like $5 on it when he found it.)

Eventually he'll miss a big one though and that'll be it. Nature of the beast.

ETA: The old record was $77K by a player who employed a similar strategy (hang in there and go big on DDs when you find them.) This guy's broken it four times.
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Please don't suck, please don't suck, please don't suck

https://www.tmz.com/2019/04/17/kelse...-photo-london/
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

While on paternity leave, I'm powering through shows while I stay up all night with the baby. Finished Hanna yesterday. I thought it was pretty good, and while I didn't care for the teenager drama portions, that was important to the plot, so no worries. I also thought many of the combat scenes were very cheesy, and not great, but it didn't take away from the actual story.

Also watched Santa Clarita Diet, which my wife likes. Not my favorite, but I've seen worse.

Now working on season 2 of The Deuce, which I think is really good. The show is incredibly graphic, but it is really well done, and interesting.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Season 3 of True Detective is ok. It isn't nearly as good as Season 1 but decent. The pacing sucks though which makes many episodes a slog with three timeliness going on.

Have 1 episode left so I will finish but this season was too long in my opinion and they had to many episodes with little to no hook or advancing of the plot. It picked up now...

Barring a fantastic finale I can't say this was great but it wasn't Season 2 at least.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                While on paternity leave...
                                Paternity leave? How modern man of you.

Comment

Working...
                                X