This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Travel Part 3: Destination Unknown

Still fun in Miami. Feels like a Tel Aviv we can read the signs in. Less cigarette butts on the beach, too.

Driving around South Beach is a chore. Don't. Other areas driving hasn't been a problem. I don't mind when everyone is a jerk and that's just the way it is. Just drive like a jerk and you're good.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Booked my tickets to Manila, thought I’m not sure what island I’m being sent to yet.

Have a layover from 7pm-9am in Seoul, wondering if I can get out and see anything or if I should just get a room and sleep

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Booked my tickets to Manila, thought I’m not sure what island I’m being sent to yet.
        This sounds like the beginning of a Peter Scully film.
        Last edited by Kepler; 01-17-2020, 12:15 AM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Have a layover from 7pm-9am in Seoul, wondering if I can get out and see anything or if I should just get a room and sleep
          If you do go into town, don't take the train, just expense a cab. The train takes too long, especially since you'll be arriving outside of rush hour.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            If you do go into town, don't take the train, just expense a cab. The train takes too long, especially since you'll be arriving outside of rush hour.
            Funny, a Korean friend said take train. Maybe they didn’t take my arrival hour into consideration.

I could also not leave immigration zone and stay in airport hotel

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Get a room in Incheon City, a 10 minute ride. Seoul is 34-30 minutes off peak and all historical sites will be closed. The last time we were there we stayed at the Marriott in Incheon and experienced two earthquakes (very rare). My wife slept in her clothes. I slept naked. 😂
              Originally posted by mookie1995
              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Nice visual there
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I had a similar layover in Amsterdam and chose to go out and hated the decision. ymmv

Don't hesitate to ask me once you're in country.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    I had a similar layover in Amsterdam and chose to go out and hated the decision. ymmv
                    Interesting. FWIW, AMS is quite a bit closer to its airport than Seoul is to ICN.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Interesting. FWIW, AMS is quite a bit closer to its airport than Seoul is to ICN.
                      Yeah I could do that one in my sleep, but I’ve never been to Icn. Don’t feel as comfortable

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Don't hesitate to ask me once you're in country.
                        Random question for you. So I got my packing list. Realize I don’t spend much time in hot and humid locations.

Packing list says cotton pants and shirts, no shorts of any kind. So I’m likely bringing a few pairs of linen pants and shirts.
                        Natural fabrics breathe better, but most sweat wicking clothing is synthetic these days. Do you have opinion on what works well during the dry hot season?

They also said I need shorts and a tshirt to swim. I was hoping a tankini would be ok but sounds like I need to buy a rash guard. Could be on the safe side cause I swear I see all kinds of pics of girls in regular suits there

Comment

Working...
                        X