X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies 51 - Rise of the Frozen Joker: Chapter II: Dark Fate

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    joker-violence
    Apparently the people who live near the stairs are getting a bit annoyed though.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
      Apparently the people who live near the stairs are getting a bit annoyed though.
      Well, then maybe they shouldn’t have chosen to live next to stairs.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Looks like Frank Sheeran will need to “take care of a matter” for Jimmy Hoffa here: https://youtu.be/ntpwLPAnRJQ
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Sounds like Terminator is gonna crash and burn at the BO. I gotta admit the more I see of the trailers the more awful some of the CGI and acting looks. Still seeing it Friday but I have almost zero faith in Tim Miller.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Sounds like Terminator is gonna crash and burn at the BO. I gotta admit the more I see of the trailers the more awful some of the CGI and acting looks. Still seeing it Friday but I have almost zero faith in Tim Miller.
            But James Cameron says it's Aces, so it has to be good...right?

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              Reminds me about all the horse people plugging up “Old Town Road” MA last summer and parking their trailers all over the shoulder while getting selfies.
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                But James Cameron says it's Aces, so it has to be good...right?
                Didn't help Alita much...though that was actually a mostly enjoyable film.

Since T2 the films are all about the same...solid to good but nothing special. I watch them all, but I truly only love the first two.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I thought I heard he's ignoring everything after T2, sort of like how Predators ignored all the sequels. I think this latest one could be really good.

Leave No Trace:
                  Father/daughter living off the grid in the Pacific Northwest, doing fine until someone happens to find them, and social services gets involved.

Slow and methodical, but enjoyable. Equal balance of viewpoints on how some people want to live, how some people feel they have to live due to other things going on, and the difficulties doing so (especially with a young adult coming of age). I liked that the movie didn't shun, nor celebrate, the homeless-by-choice lifestyle. I think that was what made the movie. Worth a gander, if you're curious about such things.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    I thought I heard he's ignoring everything after T2, sort of like how Predators ignored all the sequels. I think this latest one could be really good.
                    This will essentially be the new T3. All of the other sequels are non-canon now. Like how every sequel to the original Halloween no longer exists. Will it be good? Eh. It is at 65% on Rotten Tomatoes. Matthew Turner has the line that I've heard repeated most often: "Easily the best Terminator sequel since T2, although, in fairness, that's a pretty low bar to clear."

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post

Leave No Trace:
                      Father/daughter living off the grid in the Pacific Northwest, doing fine until someone happens to find them, and social services gets involved.

Slow and methodical, but enjoyable. Equal balance of viewpoints on how some people want to live, how some people feel they have to live due to other things going on, and the difficulties doing so (especially with a young adult coming of age). I liked that the movie didn't shun, nor celebrate, the homeless-by-choice lifestyle. I think that was what made the movie. Worth a gander, if you're curious about such things.
                      Yes it does ignore the rest which is part of what I think is going to be its downfall. At least with Genysis they had history rewritten...in this case not so much.

As for how it looks...well one of the cool things about Terminator was how the CGI and practical effects merged together seemlessly. I mean T2 to this day is one of the best and holds up in many ways. The previews for this one look almost like a parody. Some f the sequences in the trailer are laughably bad to the point that i originally thought they hadnt finished them yet.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

To be fair, T2 was really groundbreaking. Looking back, sometimes we forget that (kind of like how laughable Lawnmower Man is for special effects nowadays, or even The Matrix).

I could be wrong, and this movie will suck, but I think I'll be paying the money to see it in theaters to find out.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Yeah but when a movie from 1992 looks better than a film made in 2019 that is not a good look.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Yeah but when a movie from 1992 looks better than a film made in 2019 that is not a good look.
                            I'll have to see the finished product as a whole to really judge. I liked the trailer, but it is just a trailer. For example, I have serious doubts on Gemini Man, too much MTV-editing/cut scenes, not a fan of that. The end product COULD be decent, though.

Comment

Watched El Camino today. Woof, the six year gap is noticeable, especially at the beginning. Overall, good story, let's us ride with Jesse one more time, but there are still lots of questions I have.

It was good. Thankful I didn't re-watch the final few episodes to make the age issue even worse.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                Watched El Camino today. Woof, the six year gap is noticeable, especially at the beginning. Overall, good story, let's us ride with Jesse one more time, but there are still lots of questions I have.

It was good. Thankful I didn't re-watch the final few episodes to make the age issue even worse.
                                I actually am curious as to what questions. Face it, this shouldn't fall under "spoilers" at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X