Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by geezer View Post
    I am in absolute awe of Jonathan Zamaites (THG) calling the score(s) for both nights in his preview.
    Also: are the Wildcats coached to take dives whenever someone skates nearby? If so, I’ve lost all respect for Potulny. If not, he needs to have a serious talk with his boys about accountability. It’s way out of hand and will continue to cost them going forward. They have enough skill to go out and just compete for the win without all the nonsense.
    Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
    Just Northern being Northern

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Been that way for years. makes no difference who the coach is. Classless Athletic Depatment, with a classless team, supported by low brow classless fans..

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
    Jurusik not only made some great saves, he had a key tackle late in the game to keep the pussycats in line.
    Can't have Jurusik having to bail them out in the waning seconds every game. Need to fix that. But gotta love the commitment to blocking shots and team D that the boys showed.

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    I thought NMU was the better team both nights with the exception of goaltending where they struggled. I also thought that we got away with a lot late in Friday's game and not quite so much Saturday. I remember a late slash that went uncalled and several others. I think on Saturday after midway we had like 5 shots on goal total the rest of the game.
    If you show up the ref with an obvious dive in the final seconds of Friday's game. Don't expect to get to many calls going your way on Saturday night...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
      Can't have Jurusik having to bail them out in the waning seconds every game. Need to fix that. But gotta love the commitment to blocking shots and team D that the boys showed.
      It pains me to say, but NMU has better top line talent than Tech right now. That said, we have more heart, grit, and great play in net. Jurusik stole two games for us.

Wonder what Joe thinks about Jurusik’s tackle? Personally from a team bond/compete level I liked it.

What a difference a year makes. Last year we would have lost both of those games.

Go Tech!!!

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 Michigan Tech Season Thread. Broetzman has us off to a Bliss-ful start!

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
        What a difference a year makes. Last year we would have lost both of those games.

Go Tech!!!
        Last month it would have been two losses.

Comment

Yes, this is the growth Joe has been talking about. The maturity/ability to win the one goal games. He has mentioned many time on his show how the W/L record would be much better if we could only flip a few of those one goal games. Now the team needs to take the next step and be able to not allow three goal games become one goal games.. Hopefully we can dish out a little revenge next weekend up in Alaska.. Go Huskies!

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
            Hopefully we can dish out a little revenge next weekend up in Alaska.. Go Huskies!
            Of Tech can get a sweep in Fairbanks and split the season series, I'd be OK with that. If you asked me in August how they would do against UAF, I'd say 3-1 and I'm hoping for a sweep. A series split isn't that bad for these teams. The Nanooks are better than expected in the offseason. That being said, the Huskies have dug their hole in October and need the sweep next weekend.

#GoTechGold #FollowTheHuskies #BringMacNaughtonHome

Comment

• Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
              Been that way for years. makes no difference who the coach is. Classless Athletic Depatment, with a classless team, supported by low brow classless fans..
              Says the man who's team's head coach started a brawl with ASU's coach after Tech *won* the game.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                Says the man who's team's head coach started a brawl with ASU's coach after Tech *won* the game.
                Yeah, because ASU isn't known for being a chippy, undisciplined POS team?
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I highly recommend listening to the JSH. Very good discussion about some of the things discussed.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    oh how quickly yee forgets.. Weren't you the gentleman who sharply criticized his own athletic department a couple of years ago, as being a bunch of amateur keystone cops (highly paraphrased on my part) regarding the whole Ticketgate fiasco?? Remind me now, how many of your hockey alumni and downstate alumni were frozen out of that game?? And if I remember correctly wasn't the NMU athletic department taken out behind the WCHA woodshed and spanked for it. And a whole new 'because of nmu' ticket rule put in place?? And whose fans were they that were berating families and little kids with 'F' bombs this weekend?? Just making sure I understand things clearly.

While over in Vegas the odds makers are picking Coach Joe to win the rematch in AZ. The professional money says Joe by TKO in the second round!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                      oh how quickly yee forgets.. Weren't you the gentleman who sharply criticized his own athletic department a couple of years ago, as being a bunch of amateur keystone cops (highly paraphrased on my part) regarding the whole Ticketgate fiasco?? Remind me now, how many of your hockey alumni and downstate alumni were frozen out of that game?? And if I remember correctly wasn't the NMU athletic department taken out behind the WCHA woodshed and spanked for it. And a whole new 'because of nmu' ticket rule put in place?? And whose fans were they that were berating families and little kids with 'F' bombs this weekend?? Just making sure I understand things clearly.

While over in Vegas the odds makers are picking Coach Joe to win the rematch in AZ. The professional money says Joe by TKO in the second round!! LOL
                      Ticketgate [emoji1787][emoji1787]. That says a lot about a program when a school has to pull that crap just so the visiting team doesn't have more fans than the home team. Even with Ticketgate Tech fans were louder. But to be fair, they had a lot more to cheer about. That was a great game to watch... live. Almost as much fun as watching the 2017 championship game at the Mac, except I had to go to Marquette to see it.

Comment

There will be no additional discipline from the WCHA as it pertain's to Saturday nights donnybrook.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I have to give our young men ALOT of credit for not stooping to the level of Loughran. He's a good player and doesn't need to resort to the goonish behavior he was exhibiting saturday in MQT. Watching him butt-end a player, take a magnificent dive after slashing a guy (after a goal, none the less), taking a flying 2 hand chop at another player starting a donnybrook, and then ripping a guys helmet off by the facemask.... I'm actually a little surprised he didn't try to hit the guy with his own helmet. Anyways, Our guys did a great job of keeping their composure, but I sure did miss John Scott while I was watching it unfold.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatch_man View Post
                            I have to give our young men ALOT of credit for not stooping to the level of Loughran. He's a good player and doesn't need to resort to the goonish behavior he was exhibiting saturday in MQT. Watching him butt-end a player, take a magnificent dive after slashing a guy (after a goal, none the less), taking a flying 2 hand chop at another player starting a donnybrook, and then ripping a guys helmet off by the facemask.... I'm actually a little surprised he didn't try to hit the guy with his own helmet. Anyways, Our guys did a great job of keeping their composure, but I sure did miss John Scott while I was watching it unfold.
                            Indeed!
                            My focus was mostly on all the turnovers and passes to the opposing team and falling over our own feet etc. I did note most of that but not all.

As far as the series in Phoenix, there is no way on God's green earth I am going to watch that series and i'm not even going to listen to Dirk.
                            If you think NMU is bad, just wait.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              That one was on ASU.
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                                That one was on ASU.
                                Can me make John Scott Alumni Coach for the ASU weekend?

Comment

Working...
                                X