Rutgers Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rutgers Hockey

With all of the hockey talent in the metro NY/NJ/PA area and the amount of money that flows into basketball and a football program it would seem a lock to be a good fast tracked program in Big 10 conference.

My guess is that Rutgers could be a highly competitive Big 10 hockey team far faster than they ever will be in football.

Thankful for the excellent club hockey players, coaches, staff but they deserve to be elevated to full D1 funding level.

Just my thoughts for several years....

Re: Rutgers Hockey

Stop it. Get some help.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
      With all of the hockey talent in the DelMarVa area and the amount of money that flows into basketball and a football program it would seem a lock to be a good fast tracked program in Big 10 conference.

My guess is that Maryland could be a highly competitive Big 10 hockey team far faster than they ever will be in football...
      Several problems, among them: No apparent deep-pocketed donor(s) willing to write Pegula-like checks; no apparent interest among institutions to take on another varsity sport, especially if there are Title IX implications; entrenched football and basketball interests unwilling to tolerate in-season paid-gate competition. (See also the seemingly unending Illinois kabuki dance.)
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        Stop it. Get some help.
        excuse you!?

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
          Several problems, among them: No apparent deep-pocketed donor(s) willing to write Pegula-like checks; no apparent interest among institutions to take on another varsity sport, especially if there are Title IX implications; entrenched football and basketball interests unwilling to tolerate in-season paid-gate competition. (See also the seemingly unending Illinois kabuki dance.)
          makes sense.....too bad!

Comment

Stop it. Get some help.
            Agreed.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
              excuse you!?
              I love new program speculation as much as the next poster, but usually there’s something behind the idea besides “hey we have a few youth players around here so maybe we’d be A LOCK to be a good program”.

Like… is there even a useful arena nearby? Donors?
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I love new program speculation as much as the next poster, but usually there’s something behind the idea besides “hey we have a few youth players around here so maybe we’d be A LOCK to be a good program”.

Like… is there even a useful arena nearby? Donors?
                Donors? We don't need no steenkeen donors!!
                bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

They need to worry about their football team first. Not going to happen.
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

And let's not forget that NJ is one of the most corrupt and dysfunctional states there is so yeah, plenty to deal with before anyone can even think about starting hockey at The State University. (Unless, of course, the Soprano family needs to launder some $$$.)
                    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Hey SnowDogFlyer,
                      Take NJ Transit to Penn Station and meet some of the hockey dreamers from Columbia and Penn at Nathan's for some dogs and curly fries. The Syracuse guys will take meeting minutes (they're still steamed the SU women's team is on the ice and they're not. Boeheim is a pretty slick operator.). While you may get no closer to a solution, at least you'll get a tasty meal out of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X