X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 8: I Am Out Of Here...

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    It is criminal. Stop it. The Governor warned them, the mayor warned them their community leaders warned them. They were told what was going to happen. The leaders of the movement said if you are out past 8 you arent with us.

This isnt rocket science.

BTW a lot of that group wasnt from Minnesota either. They were from Chicago.
    The problem with that is Waltz and Frey said that, but the protesters didn't. And there are no "leaders of the movement."

This is super aggressive. You can argue justifiable or not, but the question is does this help or hurt in the long run?

Nobody is looting or rioting. They are deciding to sweep on peaceful people.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      The problem with that is Waltz and Frey said that, but the protesters didn't.
      Their leaders did. Sorry but a bunch of interlopers from Chicago breaking the rules doesnt phase me much. Stop watching MSNBC.

The protesters wanted to be martyrs...they were interviewed on local TV saying they know what is coming and they are ready. THEY. WANTED. THIS.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Rubber bullets. Mike Max just cant catch a break (it missed him but it was close)
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Their leaders did. Sorry but a bunch of interlopers from Chicago breaking the rules doesnt phase me much. Stop watching MSNBC.

The protesters wanted to be martyrs...they were interviewed on local TV saying they know what is coming and they are ready. THEY. WANTED. THIS.
          Didn’t you know, kep knows our city better than us based on how much he looks down on us!

Comment

Cops in GR are using tear gas to move people back. All I have right now are either the WZZM 13 or TV 8 feeds, or what's being shared on Facebook.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Drop your all caps and cool your testosterone. This is crowd control on a crowd that wasn't unruly. It is a bad idea to treat peaceful protesters that way and I should not have to tell you that.

This is hearts and minds and a blunder.
              Last edited by Kepler; 05-30-2020, 08:57 PM.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Their leaders did.
                There are no “leaders”. No one speaks for all of the protesters.

**** it. We had a good run. Burn the ****ing country to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Didn’t you know, kep knows our city better than us based on how much he looks down on us!
                  Can you guys give your inferiority complex a rest for one night? Nobody looks down on you; nobody thinks about you either way.

And BTW you just said what southern whites did in the '60s: "we don't need some New York city folk comin' in here and telling us how to handle our n-ggers."
                  Cornell University

Comment

Hope they have the fortitude to see this through. I agree with Handy and DGF, they got four nights of capitulation and retreat to try and deescalate. It got worse every night. Sorry, but burning down the entire city is not an option.

Go. Home.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Sorry but a bunch of interlopers from Chicago breaking the rules doesnt phase me much.
                      From a third-hand rumor to a fact, in less than an hour. Nice.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        I am going to cut him a break...I know what he is saying but he just doesnt have all the information. He is falling into the trap he warns everyone else of...trust corporate media to tell the story. I am sure the MSNBC anchor is in tears watching this with their "Black Friend".

Kepler the protesters flat out knew this was going to happen. They said it on live TV. They marched down the streets they did for a reason. The cops knew to be there for a reason. The message was, and this is a direct ****ing quote "we dont care about peace we care about change". (which I agree with for the most part. They wanted to be seen on TV getting gassed and that is why they walked where they did for as long as they did.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I am going to cut him a break...I know what he is saying but he just doesnt have all the information. He is falling into the trap he warns everyone else of...trust corporate media to tell the story. I am sure the MSNBC anchor is in tears watching this with their "Black Friend".

Kepler the protesters flat out knew this was going to happen. They said it on live TV. They marched down the streets they did for a reason. The cops knew to be there for a reason. The message was, and this is a direct ****ing quote "we dont care about peace we care about change". (which I agree with for the most part. They wanted to be seen on TV getting gassed and that is why they walked where they did for as long as they did.
                          This.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            From a third-hand rumor to a fact, in less than an hour. Nice.
                            Dude stop. IT WAS ****ING SAID ON WCCO!! They were chanting about CPD and referencing a dude killed there for resisting. They were wearing Chicago team colors.

edit: I am not trying to be a dick, I am really not. Please dont take that from my tone. But I am going to trust what the guy walking with the protesters was reporting over what you heard on MSNBC.

double edit: There was also two guys from Tulsa (one Black one White) on TV who are backing up what we are all saying. They said whatever happens it is worth it. The purpose of the protest is to do exactly what is happening. I am not saying that negatively...I am not mad at them. Everyone there knew what was coming.
                            Last edited by Handyman; 05-30-2020, 09:06 PM.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Can you guys give your inferiority complex a rest for one night? Nobody looks down on you; nobody thinks about you either way.

And BTW you just said what southern whites did in the '60s: "we don't need some New York city folk comin' in here and telling us how to handle our n-ggers."
                              Lol. You just keep preaching

Comment

Speaking of Chicago. City of Chicago has a 9pm curfew. And METRA has suspended passenger travel from the city for the night.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X