Bottom Feeders 2018-19: Just So You Know, They Really Suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bottom Feeders 2018-19: Just So You Know, They Really Suck

I got a call from Musk. No go on the lunar game, as we are too broke to meet his demands. I can barely afford to take myself to Logan's Roadhouse, much less sign his contract.

So, here are our locations, and I'll be checking in with them periodically to see how preparations are going:

South: Odessa, TX, sponsored by Hot Topic
    West: Point Roberts, WA
    East: Summit at Mount Washington, New Hampshire (with special guest Marty the Cat)
    Midwest: Laurium, MI
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      Actually, Fade... if we paid our office rent, and we saved up enough... we're gonna go to Outback Steakhouse, order an Awesome Blossom... and ONE dessert for us to share.

We're classy like that!
      We're on our own for steaks right? That's just as well, because I'm not sure I'd feed an Outback steak to a dog.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        I got a call from Musk. No go on the lunar game, as we are too broke to meet his demands. I can barely afford to take myself to Logan's Roadhouse, much less sign his contract.

So, here are our locations, and I'll be checking in with them periodically to see how preparations are going:

South: Odessa, TX, sponsored by Hot Topic
        East: Summit at Mount Washington, New Hampshire (with special guest Marty the Cat)
        Midwest: Laurium, MI
        Word from the Mount Washington Summit Observatory is that Marty the Cat wants to be designated head ref on the ice this time around. No payment other than one can of tuna per period necessary, with overtime pay to be negotiated.
        Last edited by Snively65; 09-30-2018, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Just checking in when this Mt Washington game would be held. Even the snow coach does not run in April and the road would not open until mid May at the earliest and if held in March it may take several runs to get each team up there and by the time all are up they may have to start bringing some down before they close for the day. Would teams have to play a full period with each line and use 3 goalies as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
            Just checking in when this Mt Washington game would be held. Even the snow coach does not run in April and the road would not open until mid May at the earliest and if held in March it may take several runs to get each team up there and by the time all are up they may have to start bringing some down before they close for the day. Would teams have to play a full period with each line and use 3 goalies as well?
            Snow coach? Each team has to WALK up the mountain with their gear.
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

I am just pleased as punch to know that my top 6 in the rankings will be set at the end of the regular season... unless ASU makes that "other tournament."

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post

I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help

GFM
                Next biggest fib. "The check is in the mail."
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                  Which is why your darling commissioner is going to Odessa to pick up the check from the local Hot Topic.

Fade, I'll be in Odessa for that regional... why, I don't know...

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                    Well, actually, I am.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Interesting news from the Point Roberts, WA regional. The bordering community of Tsawwassen, BC has been approached about building a joint ice sheet along Roosevelt Way (the US border street) and the Boundary Bay neighborhood, specifically into the land owned by Boundary Bay Elementary school. The rink would be covered but open to the elements, and would align the center ice red line directly on top of the international border. Therefore, any game staged in the arena would require the participants to check in with customs & immigration agents each and every time they cross into the opponent's end of the ice. The puck would also be subject to any searches or tariffs imposed by either government as an imported item if sent alone, but would be exempt as a personal item if carried across by a player. Negotiations have not reached a stage to discuss issues like changing ends of the ice each period. When asked about funding to construct the facility, the Point Roberts Chamber of Commerce issued a statement saying "we're going to build it, and Mexico is going to pay for it".
                      Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 10-02-2018, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                        Interesting news from the Point Roberts, WA regional. The bordering community of Tsawwassen, BC has been approached about building a joint ice sheet along Roosevelt Way (the US border street) and the Boundary Bay neighborhood, specifically into the land owned by Boundary Bay Elementary school. The rink would be covered but open to the elements, and would align the center ice red line directly on top of the international border. Therefore, any game staged in the arena would require the participants to check in with customs & immigration agents each and every time they cross into the opponent's end of the ice. The puck would also be subject to any searches or tariffs imposed by either government as an imported item if sent alone, but would be exempt as a personal item if carried across by a player. Negotiations have not reached a stage to discuss issues like changing ends of the ice each period.
                        You're just on top of this... and I'll have you help write this regional, if you're inclined.

Comment

You're just on top of this... and I'll have you help write this regional, if you're inclined.
                          Noted and accepted, if I clear customs of course.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                            Noted and accepted, if I clear customs of course.
                            Work on that and check in with me later.

Comment

Vermont's on the bubble to start the season, but I'm looking for Martin St. Louis' alma mater to make a solid run this season.

Quinnipiac, I'm looking at you, too. Looks like your window in that "other" tournament closed, and so you're back with us.

Comment

Which is why your darling commissioner is going to Odessa to pick up the check from the local Hot Topic.

Fade, I'll be in Odessa for that regional... why, I don't know...
                                Can the committee afford this trip?

Comment

Working...
                                X