Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watt Will Her Point Total This This Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Watt Will Her Point Total This This Season?

Originally posted by fiveholefrenzy View Post
    seems like your question is rhetorical but just in case it isn't...using tim's projected 134 point total, the current ppg average yields the plan to be 67.
    exactlty!
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      4 x 34 = 136 + 20 for playoffs, so the new total is 156 pts.
      Sweeping Lindenwood is a HUGE accomplishment, so understandably TA is overly enthusiastic today and consequently the math gaffe
      2x34=68

it looks like she is fitting in well, probably due to the WI schedule resembling the cupcake schedule she enjoyed at BC

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
        it looks like she is fitting in well, probably due to the WI schedule resembling the cupcake schedule she enjoyed at BC
        I'm not going to disagree...Lindenwood - PSU - LI is almost as bad as the bottom 3 for Hockey Easy Conference.

Comment

On pace for 93.5 pts this season. Things will get tougher this weekend.

Comment

The toughest part will be getting that half point.

Comment

On pace for 93.5 pts this season.
              At least your arithmetic is improving.
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                At least your arithmetic is improving.
                Sometimes my head just gets locked into a stupid corner that I can't get out of. Like you all didn't already know this.

Comment

Or not, on pace for 102 pts. LUI coming up....

Comment

I’m sold. She outscored the entire Buckeyes team this weekend.

Comment

good grief, this upcoming weekend games could easily be double digit scores
                      in fact, if I were a Badger fan I'd be upset if they weren't

is she wearing #19 or have you had to change the number on your onesie?

Comment

I was thinking about it semi-seriously yesterday: Mark Johnson isn't the kind of guy who is going to look to embarrass anyone. So which would be more embarrassing? Play more-or-less your normal line rotation and put up a dozen goals? Or 'invert' the lines - give the 4th line the most ice time, 3rd line second most, etc - and only put up a half-dozen?

And does Cece and/or Blesi get a start in goal?

I'm interested to see if MJ says anything about how this series came to be; who knows who and who is doing who a favor, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                          I was thinking about it semi-seriously yesterday: Mark Johnson isn't the kind of guy who is going to look to embarrass anyone. So which would be more embarrassing? Play more-or-less your normal line rotation and put up a dozen goals? Or 'invert' the lines - give the 4th line the most ice time, 3rd line second most, etc - and only put up a half-dozen?

And does Cece and/or Blesi get a start in goal?

I'm interested to see if MJ says anything about how this series came to be; who knows who and who is doing who a favor, etc.
                          Think you run the regular rotations to start, then if it gets out of hand, just sit the 1st line and have the other lines keep rolling.
                          There is a huge dropoff in scoring after the first line, so that will slow the bleeding. I'd start Soup game one, have her play until it's out of hand, then roll Blesi/Cece out. Game 2 maybe you start Blesi or Cece if you know there is no way LIU going to win.

Another thought would be to break up the superline and see what happens.

Comment

is she wearing #19 or have you had to change the number on your onesie?
                            I agree on point 1. I love a good bloodbath.

#29 is my favorite hockey number, so that stays on the onesie at all times.

Comment

I love a good bloodbath.
                              In case it comes up this weekend, team records for most goals is 14 (a 14-4 win over Bemidji), and biggest margin is 13 (13-0 over Lindenwood).

(The men beat the University of Windsor many, many years ago - a game I happened to be at; score was 20-0; "five ... ten... fifteen ... twenty... we really don't want more...". OK, I made that last part up, but it really was "five ... ten... fifteen ... twenty...")

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post

This is the weekend Wisconsin was supposed to play Princeton and afaik, Princeton backed out sometimes in the second half of last season. That left the Badgers with schedule room to fill and not a lot of options for teams to fill it.

Beyond that, though I get that many don't think it's actually a nice thing for the Badgers to show up and dominate a squad, Mark has a long history of being open to scheduling new teams and making sure women's hockey is happening in parts of the country that aren't home to programs. Wisconsin was the first team to schedule Lindenwood and the Badgers have played in California, Colorado, Lake Placid, Florida and this year, Tennessee (and this is not a comprehensive list). This series is very much of Mark's MO.
                                It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Working...
                                X