Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2018-2019: Fire Motzko

games like this I really wish the Gophers had an enforcer -- what would Lindgrin do in a game like this --
    I get it - you don't want to take dumb penalties -- but it's scary when the physicality is only on one side --

Comment

• Good luck finding a conference playing like that, d!ckheads.

Seemed like after that hit on Ranta and our 4th line playing the majority of the 5-min PP (did our #1 unit even touch the ice?) The focus became get out of the game with no more injuries. Unfortunately it didn't work that way. Hopefully Burke will be ready to go by next weekend.

I'm going to enjoy watching that team get wrecked in their first ever NCAA Tournament game
      Last edited by Stauber1; 03-02-2019, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
        Unfortunately, after the hit on Ranta, the Gophs seemed to let up on their effort. Hope they can get back up to speed for the third.
        They did seem to get derailed. All I could think about between the hit on Ranta and Pitlick's goal was the old adage about the 4 goal lead being the worst lead in hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunninwiththerods View Post
          They did seem to get derailed. All I could think about between the hit on Ranta and Pitlick's goal was the old adage about the 4 goal lead being the worst lead in hockey.
          It's the 2 goal lead. Get it right.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
            I don't recall the last time I saw a hit that ridiculous.
            Malone on Wehrs?

Comment

Originally posted by Gunninwiththerods View Post
              Malone on Wehrs?
              Different kind of hit though. Corner vs open ice.

Comment

BADgers sweep in OT aqainst Michigan and win the tiebreaker. Gophers vs the Ugly Helmets at Mariucci in the first round. This will be a good 2/3 series.
                Last edited by SteveO; 03-02-2019, 10:46 PM.

Comment

On the postgame on the way home Coach Motzko said Ranta's cut went "the length of his chin". Sampo showed some real toughness getting back in there after missing only a few shifts.

But I thought that hit did change the whole game, unfortunately not in the Gophers' favor. Instead of taking advantage and making them pay they were completely out of sync during the resultant 5 minute power play, looking nothing like the team they were earlier. I hope they took something away from that experience and not allow that kind of a dirty hit to put a stop to all the momentum they had generated up until that point.
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by the rube View Post
                    it's the 2 goal lead. Get it right.
                    :d

Comment

The WCHA will be giving them a call about that hit and the TWO kneeing penalties on 18 in a weekend. The hit should get him two games and the kneeing should get 18 a game.

I hope it comes back to bite them in the *** in the NCAAs.

**** that team. Stauber said the same thing I did after the game. Good luck finding a conference with that kind of goonery.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

There’s a picture of Ranta’s stitches floating around the Twitter sphere
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The stitches are oof. Could leave a scar. He's all good, though.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

No word on Burke yet.
                            Code:

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                              On the postgame on the way home Coach Motzko said Ranta's cut went "the length of his chin". Sampo showed some real toughness getting back in there after missing only a few shifts.

But I thought that hit did change the whole game, unfortunately not in the Gophers' favor. Instead of taking advantage and making them pay they were completely out of sync during the resultant 5 minute power play, looking nothing like the team they were earlier. I hope they took something away from that experience and not allow that kind of a dirty hit to put a stop to all the momentum they had generated up until that point.
                              Ranta's tough and the cut was no big deal...it's hockey. I was more concerned about a concussion.

But nice ending to a rollercoaster regular season for the Gophers closing out with a sweep at home and some confidence and momentum for the 1st round. If Michigan gets good goaltending, they're gonna be tough next weekend.

Comment

Michigan and Penn State were the teams I wanted to avoid. But whatever. You just gotta win no matter who you play now. Four games to get us in.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X