St. Cloud to NCHC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Cloud to NCHC

So Gino Gasparini finally convinced his old buddies at North Dakota to let St Cloud come to the NaCHo party too! And the St Cloud fan base was so excited that not one post showed up on the boards. All St Cloud team will will hence be catered by the Waffle House!
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Re: St. Cloud to NCHC

Jan will be Jan...

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      So Gino Gasparini finally convinced his old buddies at North Dakota to let St Cloud come to the NaCHo party too! And the St Cloud fan base was so excited that not one post showed up on the boards. All St Cloud team will will hence be catered by the Waffle House!

I hope SCSU is not making a mistake going to the NCHC. The fan base appears to be pretty well split on this one.

It appears President Potter is eating a little crow. Which is fine. If the Administration has done its homework, and has decided this is what is best for the future of the program, I rather see him swallow his pride, and admit he made a mistake by saying they would not accept.

I firmly believe given the choice, SCSU and many of the other programs would rather stay in the WCHA without UofM and UW opposed to what has taken form now.

I am concerned for MSU-M and BSU. I hope to see them on our schedule and wish their programs only the best. I have a lot of mixed feelings on this move. I can't help but feel like we too are now one of the backstabbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
        I hope SCSU is not making a mistake going to the NCHC. The fan base appears to be pretty well split on this one.

It appears President Potter is eating a little crow. Which is fine. If the Administration has done its homework, and has decided this is what is best for the future of the program, I rather see him swallow his pride, and admit he made a mistake by saying they would not accept.

I firmly believe given the choice, SCSU and many of the other programs would rather stay in the WCHA without UofM and UW opposed to what has taken form now.

I am concerned for MSU-M and BSU. I hope to see them on our schedule and wish their programs only the best. I have a lot of mixed feelings on this move. I can't help but feel like we too are now one of the backstabbers.
        I give SCSU fans credit for approaching this news with a bit of reservation. Are some of us MTU fans a bit ticked? Yeah, but at the same time, can I blame SCSU? Not really. I think what is most disturbing from this Tech fan's perspective is as this unfolds, the end state more resembles MTU, MSUM, UAA and BSU getting kicked out of the WCHA. That's hard to swallow.

Comment

Is this nuts or what...my prediction...N.D. to the Big Ten in everything...just a hunch
          There is Hope . . .

Comment

Originally posted by The Vicar View Post
            Is this nuts or what...my prediction...N.D. to the Big Ten in everything...just a hunch
            That wouldn't surprise me with all the changes that are proposed/happening within football conferences right now.

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
              I give SCSU fans credit for approaching this news with a bit of reservation. Are some of us MTU fans a bit ticked? Yeah, but at the same time, can I blame SCSU? Not really. I think what is most disturbing from this Tech fan's perspective is as this unfolds, the end state more resembles MTU, MSUM, UAA and BSU getting kicked out of the WCHA. That's hard to swallow.
              I think more huskie fans wanted this
              There is Hope . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post

I don't think you guys should feel like backstabbers. I think everyone felt like if you guys did get the invite, there was no choice but to accept it with the situation that is left in the WCHA. I just love all tDogs fans saying they didn't want SCSU in the first place and you guys were just jealous and whatnot. If they hadn't won a title last year, I wonder where they would be sitting right now. Maybe they would have been on the outside looking in as well.

I agree with your concern for Kato and Bemidji. My hope is that teams like those along with Tech and AA can build stronger programs and make the WCHA relevant and competitive on a national basis.Otherwise this whole conference shake-up fiasco could get ugly for the leftover WCHA schools.

For what its worth coming from a stupid Gopher fan, I am happy for SCSU getting the NCHC invite and I will be jealous of your continued rivalries with UMD, sue, and the Colorado schools while we are stuck in BTHC.
                Last edited by gopher wes; 09-21-2011, 09:47 AM.
                "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Creepin_N_Lurkin View Post
                    Way to pop that posting cherry after almost 2 years. Glad to see you didnt over exert yourself, playing it safe

Comment

i blame this whole situation on penn state

Comment

Originally posted by The Vicar View Post
                        Welcome aboard SCSU fans. Its going to be a fun conference.

I'd agree that ND is likely to go to the Big Ten but I just have a hard time seeing them pull the trigger on this big decision so quickly. I still think they would like to get one last crack at an NBC contract and weigh the options.

If so, we may havr Notre Dame in a nine team league within 10 days.

Comment

SCSU?!? Who the hell let those no-talent ***-clowns in the best league in the land?

Can we now call this league a joke, get a mulligan, and go back to a MN and WI-less WCHA?

And for the record, the vote is pretty split amonst USCHO and dahuskies.com SCSU posters. Among people who just go to games and don't post on forums, I'll bet its pretty heavily in favor of this move.
                          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Average WCHA finish since 2000

Denver - 3
                            North Dakota - 3.1
                            Minnesota - 3.7
                            Colorado College - 3.8
                            Wisconsin - 4.5
                            St. Cloud - 4.9
                            Minnesota-Duluth - 6.6
                            ---------------------
                            Minnesota State - 6.9
                            Alaska Anchorage - 8.6
                            Michigan Tech - 9

It's called natural selection.

Comment

I heard about this a couple of weeks ago. I assume DG knew as well because he stopped ragging on SCSU about that time. As for SCSU fans being split about this move? I would think more wanted them to move than stay, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a 60/40 split.

I feel bad for BSU and MSUM. I am sure Motzko will be classy and schedule these guys. Hopefully the all Minnesota tourney that has been talked about at Christmas time at the X happens. It would be a great way to celebrate hockey in our great state.
                              I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Working...
                              X