This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
    You realistically only get to impeach Chump once. Who cares if its over the Mueller report or Ukraine (which seem to be related)? A successful impeachment needs public support, which needs an easy to understand crime. Mueller for whatever his reasons wasn't tying Chump directly to Russia. Dems in Congress have already established that Chump is withholding legally appropriated aid to an ally fighting off an enemy until he extorted a baseless political investigation from them.
    There's also the news that Mulvaney held up the delivery of Javelin missiles to Ukraine earlier in the administration because "it would upset Russia"

Pelosi was right, with Dimwit Donnie, all roads lead to Russia.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      I just can't do it. I'll read about it in the NYT tomorrow.
      Read the Post instead. The NYT is a worthless rag these days.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.61: All Are Welcome to Watch This Circus

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Read the Post instead. The NYT is a worthless rag these days.
        I actually get WaPo for some reason (Dr. Mrs. checked the "print" box for some reason) so I can read it over breakfast. Charming.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          It's not defeatism to point out the double standard that has existed since 1980. Nor is it defeatism to point out that the Supreme Court is lost for the next 50 years. Nor is it defeatism to point out that trickle down economic theory is still the prevailing economic engine of the United States of America.

It is when we all know it. Continuing to harp on it over and over again does no good except to make people tired of hearing you. And therefore, just ignore your future harping. And this, whatever point you're trying to make gets lost in the ether.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            It is when we all know it. Continuing to harp on it over and over again does no good except to make people tired of hearing you. And therefore, just ignore your future harping. And this, whatever point you're trying to make gets lost in the ether.
            And this is exactly why Democrats fail at messaging. Republicans never shut up and never stop repeating things over and over and over again.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              And this is exactly why Democrats fail at messaging. Republicans never shut up and never stop repeating things over and over and over again.
              Republican voters like being "messaged at" every day. That's why they love AM radio crap and watch garbage every night on FNC. Democratic voters change the station. Copying the Republican messaging would fail. Air America showed that.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                Republican voters like being "messaged at" every day. That's why they love AM radio crap and watch garbage every night on FNC. Democratic voters change the station. Copying the Republican messaging would fail. Air America showed that.
                Fair enough. I honestly do not understand what works with Democratic voters then.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  It's funny to watch the GOPers here at work. They need Fox News on at all times. It's how they maintain their seawall against reality. You can actually watch them become jittery and upset if it's not soothing them. They basically live in a perpetual misinformational alcoholic stupor.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It's not defeatism to point out the double standard that has existed since 1980. Nor is it defeatism to point out that the Supreme Court is lost for the next 50 years. .
                    Okay Kep, I'm going to be nice here.

Scooby, how can the Supreme Court be "lost for the next 50 years" when not one of the current members will even be alive 50 years from now? That is mindless defeatism with no basis in reality (and notice I didn't insult you here).
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post

Scooby, how can the Supreme Court be "lost for the next 50 years" when not one of the current members will even be alive 50 years from now? That is mindless defeatism with no basis in reality (and notice I didn't insult you here).
                      It's 50 for me cause I'll be dead long before it's 5-4 liberal.

Comment

It's 50 for me cause I'll be dead long before it's 5-4 liberal.
                        And at age 38, maybe it'll be 5-4 liberal by the time I'm 80.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post

Very good.

SCOTUS isn't "lost" for more than at most ten more years as long as we win elections from here on out.

86 L Ginsburg*
                          81 L Breyer
                          71 C Thomas
                          69 C Alito
                          65 L Sotomayor*
                          64 C Roberts
                          59 L Kagan*
                          54 C Drunky McRapist
                          52 C Gorsuch

* Chicks live longer.

Obviously, we have to win the Presidency and Senate in 2020, and let RBG and Breyer retire. We should replace them with women in their 50s. Make them Asian women and get the double asterisk. I'd ask Soto to take one for the team, too. Replace her with a Latina in her 30s.

Then it's either wait for Alito to have an aneurysm and Thomas to have an auto-erotic asphyxiation accident, add 4 justices to make up for Dump's stolen election, or add 2, impeach Drunky, and put the chick he tried to rape in that seat.

With a straight shot sweep of the White House and Cap Hill we can have the Court back in time for the 2021-22 term. Then it's just a matter of getting cert on cases to overturn McCutcheon and Citizens United, and cases to make racial gerrrymandering illegal, and it's over -- the Nazis won't win another national election until they stop being racist which means Scooby will die a very happy and fulfilled man.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 11-13-2019, 10:53 AM.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                            And at age 38, maybe it'll be 5-4 liberal by the time I'm 80.
                            Again, very few of them will be alive in 42 years. The youngest one (Gorsuch) will be 94 at that point. Have a little faith! Here's the plan:

1) Elect Dem Prez plus 50 Dem Senators next year.

2) Replace RBG (86) and Breyer (81).

3) Next oldest justices are Thomas (71) and Alito (69). So barring something unexpected you have a 10-12 year wait, not 42.

EDIT: Whoops, Kep beat me to it!
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Fair enough. I honestly do not understand what works with Democratic voters then.
                              Facts.
                              Cornell University

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X