This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS: It Can Happen Here Again

I'll welcome Kristol's help but I think once the Chump era is over his politics differ too much from the Dems for him to have any role. Its like wanting Bolton to testify. I'm all for it if he tells the truth and uncovers the whole treasonous plot but once that's over and done with I don't expect to see eye to eye with him on anything afterwards.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Sure, you won't get all, but that's a stupid daydream that shouldn't be entertained by anyone over the age of 7.
      Please, trix is at least 10. Only another couple of years until his balls drop and he starts thinking it's OK to bring girls to Bernie's treehouse!

Comment

How about we wait to throw him in the volcano until after he convinces enough disgruntled republicans it's ok to vote against the GOP this election cycle?
        Oh, I'm totally cool with that. And in fact we can help him with Republicans by throwing shade at him. Because we are, of course, Mooslim Comnest Feminazis!
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I don't think people are irredeemable. David Frum seems to have finally been slapped hard enough to realize the GOP was wrong about the wealth gap, environment, and a few other issues.
          It comes down to intellect. Francis Fukuyama repented immediately upon being lumped in with these swine. David Stockman has spent the second half of his career trying to extinguish the holocaust of human misery he ignited under Reagan. Frum saw the light. There are a few others.

But the vast, vast majority are either stupid or corrupt. Newt Gingrich is an imbecile. Dick Cheney is whip smart and diseased to the core. "You'll never get Matt and Mr Fabulous outta them high paying gigs."
          Last edited by Kepler; 01-21-2020, 12:00 PM.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Turtle Boy keeps saying they're following the Clinton Impeachment. More hypocrisy found. It's quite amazing, really.

Read the key part. "and would not admit the House evidence without a vote". That means that 51 Senators can block the evidence from the Grand Jury/Investigation part of the process entirely. An easy way to dismiss the charges without actually dismissing the charges. The House evidence was admitted in the Clinton Impeachment without a problem.

Sneaky ****.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Block the evidence; then rule there is insufficient evidence.
              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Block the evidence; then rule there is insufficient evidence.
                I think they have a case for arguing against new witnesses. They, however, do not have a case for blocking the evidence already collected.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  I think they have a case for arguing against new witnesses. They, however, do not have a case for blocking the evidence already collected.
                  Nor do they have a case for disqualifying as "new" people who were blocked by the White House from testifying before the House.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Something bigger is going on here because this isn't a good look. Acquittal is a done deal no matter what so Itch's primary concern is protecting his Senate majority. Conducting a sham trial against the wishes of the vast majority of the public (~70%) who want witnesses and evidence presented doesn't help Gardner, Collins, McSally, Tillis, etc - it does the opposite.

So, what's up? If I had to guess, it looks like the GOP Senate is trying to avoid witnesses at all costs, starting with Bolton who's kinda hard to paint as a liberal. They tried last week to float the "we'll call Hunter Biden" schtick, but when you think about it, who cares if they do? Dems will immediately counter with "lets hear from Rudy Giuliani then" and that's where all hell breaks loose.

Instead the plan seems to be to stop the proceedings one step BEFORE the calling of witnesses, which is to say there's been no evidence presented to no need to call anybody. Illogical as all you know what, but if they've resorted to playing that card that means whatever Bolton's about to say is really, really damaging. So you take your pick, outrage over a show trial or outrage over ****ing public testimony? Seems like they've chosen the former.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      How about we wait to throw him in the volcano until after he convinces enough disgruntled republicans it's ok to vote against the GOP this election cycle?
                      He won't do that...and even if he tried he couldn't do that. He is a worthless lying dinosaur.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

what’s up with HIS HAIR?!?!?!?,
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          Something bigger is going on here because this isn't a good look. Acquittal is a done deal no matter what so Itch's primary concern is protecting his Senate majority. Conducting a sham trial against the wishes of the vast majority of the public (~70%) who want witnesses and evidence presented doesn't help Gardner, Collins, McSally, Tillis, etc - it does the opposite.

So, what's up? If I had to guess, it looks like the GOP Senate is trying to avoid witnesses at all costs, starting with Bolton who's kinda hard to paint as a liberal. They tried last week to float the "we'll call Hunter Biden" schtick, but when you think about it, who cares if they do? Dems will immediately counter with "lets hear from Rudy Giuliani then" and that's where all hell breaks loose.

Instead the plan seems to be to stop the proceedings one step BEFORE the calling of witnesses, which is to say there's been no evidence presented to no need to call anybody. Illogical as all you know what, but if they've resorted to playing that card that means whatever Bolton's about to say is really, really damaging. So you take your pick, outrage over a show trial or outrage over ****ing public testimony? Seems like they've chosen the former.
                          Last I heard they were going to put a kill switch in the rules where the defense could move for immediate dismissal at any time by simple majority.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 01-21-2020, 12:41 PM.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post

Again. I think they can prevent witnesses and have an argument. But, they're blocking evidence already in the record AND they're ignoring what is in the public domain (been reported since the impeachment was passed by the House).

I don't see how they can get away with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Last I hear they were going to put a kill switch in the rules where the defense could move for immediate dismissal at any time by simple majority.
                              That's still in there as far as I know.

Comment

I say go for it. Impeachment and conviction has had staying power amongst the public. Chump's acquittal was always a given, so anything the Senate does directly that hurts Senators running for re-election is fine by me.

Comment

Working...
                                X