X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Gophers head to Michigan State with something new: momentum

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-m...ate/566850762/

(None of this "hoping for at least a split" crap, I say "nothing less than a sweep will do!")
    Lol!

Comment

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gopher Season 2019-2020: Motzko 2.0

Welp.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        Lol!
        Not too many Lol's coming from the chair I was sitting in! Gophers reverted to their pre-Mariucci Classic ways, like they all had the flu or something.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

That was harder to watch than the game against UND.

Comment

What were the combined 5 on 3 minutes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunninwiththerods View Post
              What were the combined 5 on 3 minutes?
              About 4 minutes.

I was definitely not impressed with this edition of the Gophers spare Ranta. He was dangerous, for sure. It may have just been one of those nights for you guys, though. I expect more pep from the Gophers tonight and with the weather we’re having here, probably a pretty empty building.

Comment

This is how you lose even more season ticket holders. I dropped season tickets last summer because I knew so many others would and it made more sense to buy individuals for interesting games. I ended up going back on that a few weeks into the season, thinking this would be the transition year with a lot of good wins before finally contending next year. That is not the case. They won't contend next year because they don't have the superstar class they would need to do that.

The Big Ten opponents are still so boring, the team is honestly brutal, the arena is empty, the home schedule next year is way less interesting...

Gopher hockey is in a bad, bad spot. That's why I stopped posting on GPL for now because the season was basically over before the new year. The program is just not interesting right now. I know Hammy stopped posting there and I think he may have lost interest in the program when you factor in all the things I mentioned.

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  Not too many Lol's coming from the chair I was sitting in! Gophers reverted to their pre-Mariucci Classic ways, like they all had the flu or something.
                  Not laughing at you it’s just that headline is ridiculous, they didn’t have any “momentum” lol.

This team has played five or so games like this and more or less played like this against Bemidji. The flu also doesn’t account for why the team can’t pass or pick their head up on the PP.

Comment

Told ya, trix, we'd get the old 'mo back!

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      Told ya, trix, we'd get the old 'mo back!
                      :thumbs up:

The team has generally played decent on Saturdays but it just seems like it's asking too much from this team to do it twice in a row on a weekly basis. A better gopher team could put in more ho-hum efforts and still get the wins in some of them but this one needs to be clicking on all cylinders to win a 1-0 game vs a bubble team.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                        :thumbs up:

The team has generally played decent on Saturdays but it just seems like it's asking too much from this team to do it twice in a row on a weekly basis. A better gopher team could put in more ho-hum efforts and still get the wins in some of them but this one needs to be clicking on all cylinders to win a 1-0 game vs a bubble team.
                        You are 100% right with this observation, which makes it unrealistic to think that any "mo" we might think we're seeing is destined to be a very temporary one. The longer the season goes, the more difficult it becomes to attribute this inconsistency to the team's youth.

Comment

Yeah until they prove they can sustain a minimum amount of just effort for a weekend expectations will sadly remain objectively low.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                            This is how you lose even more season ticket holders. I dropped season tickets last summer because I knew so many others would and it made more sense to buy individuals for interesting games. I ended up going back on that a few weeks into the season, thinking this would be the transition year with a lot of good wins before finally contending next year. That is not the case. They won't contend next year because they don't have the superstar class they would need to do that.

The Big Ten opponents are still so boring, the team is honestly brutal, the arena is empty, the home schedule next year is way less interesting...

Gopher hockey is in a bad, bad spot. That's why I stopped posting on GPL for now because the season was basically over before the new year. The program is just not interesting right now. I know Hammy stopped posting there and I think he may have lost interest in the program when you factor in all the things I mentioned.
                            I'm sure the decline is complicated, with a lot of factors at play, but if it can happen with gopher hockey it can happen anywhere. UND might seem different, with hockey being the only game in town, but I'm not so sure.

Comment

I am absolutely convinced it has to do with two things:
                              1. Only game in town versus the most crowded sports (and entertainment) market outside of Chicago, LA, and NYC.
                              2. Shi—ty play.

1 isn’t a problem without 2 and vice versa.

I’ve posted exhaustively in the attendance thread and have yet to be refuted with data or anything other than “suck it up” or “you just have a ****ty fan base” equivalents.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                I am absolutely convinced it has to do with two things:
                                1. Only game in town versus the most crowded sports (and entertainment) market outside of Chicago, LA, and NYC.
                                2. Shi—ty play.

1 isn’t a problem without 2 and vice versa.

I’ve posted exhaustively in the attendance thread and have yet to be refuted with data or anything other than “suck it up” or “you just have a ****ty fan base” equivalents.
                                I don't know what attendance is like at Yost these days, but to see this simultaneous downturn at UMinn., UW., and UMich is almost beyond comprehension for old WCHA fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X