Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2019-20: The Patriots Are A Terrible 11-3 Team!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2019-20: The Patriots Are A Terrible 11-3 Team!

Vikings will have a lot of turnover on the defensive side of the ball. They are already $4m or so over the cap, and have the following free agents on the defensive side of the ball: Mackensie Alexander, Everson Griffen (club option), Anthony Harris, Jayron Kearse, Andrew Sendejo, Trae Waynes, Stephen Weatherly, and Eric Wilson (restricted free agent). Given the cap situation, I also anticipate that Xavier Rhodes has likely played his last down as a Viking. Should be a very different look defensively for Minnesota next season...but maybe that will be a good thing.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Well, good luck San Francisco...at least until the Super Bowl. The 49ers were, by far, a better team than the Vikings today.
      North Dakota

Comment

I like Cousins, but if he were a hockey defenseman, his name would be Roadcone.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          Vikings will have a lot of turnover on the defensive side of the ball. They are already $4m or so over the cap, and have the following free agents on the defensive side of the ball: Mackensie Alexander, Everson Griffen (club option), Anthony Harris, Jayron Kearse, Andrew Sendejo, Trae Waynes, Stephen Weatherly, and Eric Wilson (restricted free agent). Given the cap situation, I also anticipate that Xavier Rhodes has likely played his last down as a Viking. Should be a very different look defensively for Minnesota next season...but maybe that will be a good thing.
          They'll probably compete for a playoff spot again. And if they make it that will be good enough again.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            They'll probably compete for a playoff spot again. And if they make it that will be good enough again.
            On offense, they should be good at TE and WR (other than depth), and I like Mattison. Given that, I think they need to re-up Cousins and Cook, and then figure out how to improve the offensive line.

On defense, I think the glaring issue is getting better along the defensive line. I trust Zimmer to fix the defensive backs (which could also improve by subtraction), and I think the linebackers are a good group that will continue to get better over the next few seasons.

Overall, the Vikings should compete for the division title, and will be in the mix for the playoffs. However, as today showed, getting a first round bye will be critical.
            North Dakota

Comment

On offense, they should be good at TE and WR (other than depth), and I like Mattison. Given that, I think they need to re-up Cousins and Cook, and then figure out how to improve the offensive line.

On defense, I think the glaring issue is getting better along the defensive line. I trust Zimmer to fix the defensive backs (which could also improve by subtraction), and I think the linebackers are a good group that will continue to get better over the next few seasons.

Overall, the Vikings should compete for the division title, and will be in the mix for the playoffs. However, as today showed, getting a first round bye will be critical.
              Without significant improvement at O line, Cousins isn't going to take them deep. Not mobile enough.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                Without significant improvement at O line, Cousins isn't going to take them deep. Not mobile enough.
                Agreed. That's why they need to improve the offensive line.
                North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

Bye won't matter.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Bye won't matter.
                    That's why teams with the bye always lose.

Oh, wait...
                    North Dakota

Comment

That's why teams with the bye always lose.

Oh, wait...
                      2009, 1998. Should I go on?

Comment

2009, 1998. Should I go on?
                        2009, Saints were the #1 seed and won the Super Bowl. They beat the Colts, who were also the #1 seed.

1998, Denver was the #1 seed and won the Super Bowl. They beat the Falcons, who were a #2 seed that received a bye.

Sure...let's go on.
                        North Dakota

Comment

2009, Saints were the #1 seed and won the Super Bowl. They beat the Colts, who were also the #1 seed.

1998, Denver was the #1 seed and won the Super Bowl. They beat the Falcons, who were a #2 seed that received a bye.

Sure...let's go on.
                          Lol. That response is hilarious.

Comment

Tannehill boom!

Comment

Lol. That response is hilarious.
                              It was pretty funny how badly your point was destroyed.
                              North Dakota

Comment

It was pretty funny how badly your point was destroyed.
                                While that has been the trend for the last 10 years. From 1990 to 2012 it was more like this:

• The last No. 1 seed to win the Super Bowl was the 2009 Saints (NFC).

• The last No. 1 seed in the AFC to win the Super Bowl was the 2003 Patriots.

• No. 1 seeds have won just two of the last 13 Super Bowls. In the 10 seasons prior to that streak, the No. 1 seeds won the Super Bowl seven times.
                                http://www.nfl.com/superbowlchamps/seeding

I fail to see how 10 years is a sure thing. But if you think the Minnesota Vikings are a sure thing with a #1 you get down with your bad self. Almost 60 years of history says otherwise.

https://www.espn.com/blog/playbook/v...-seeds-succeed

Comment

Working...
                                X