Frozen Four to Vegas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen Four to Vegas?

Sorry if this isn't new or has a thread.

https://arenadigest.com/2020/01/06/l...en-four-pitch/

With a case that includes experience in hosting large events and the use of T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas is planning a pitch to host a future Frozen Four.

Home to the NHL’s Vegas Golden Knights, T-Mobile Arena has experience in hosting college hockey events through the annual Fortress Invitational (formerly the Ice Vegas Invitational) tournament. The venue could be the setting for a Division I men’s ice hockey Frozen Four in the coming years, as Las Vegas Events plans to submit a bid for the 2023-2026 cycle ahead of next month’s deadline.
    St. Norbert College Green Knights
    NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
    NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
    NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
    ---
    SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Re: Frozen Four to Vegas?

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
    Sorry if this isn't new or has a thread.

https://arenadigest.com/2020/01/06/l...en-four-pitch/

With a case that includes experience in hosting large events and the use of T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas is planning a pitch to host a future Frozen Four.

Home to the NHL’s Vegas Golden Knights, T-Mobile Arena has experience in hosting college hockey events through the annual Fortress Invitational (formerly the Ice Vegas Invitational) tournament. The venue could be the setting for a Division I men’s ice hockey Frozen Four in the coming years, as Las Vegas Events plans to submit a bid for the 2023-2026 cycle ahead of next month’s deadline.
    I say go with all 4 new places as in Vegas, Nashville, Dallas, San Jose

Comment

I just got back from the Fortress Invitational. The T-Mobile Arena is a fantastic venue and I think Vegas would rock-it as a Frozen Four host. It is easy to get to from throughout the U.S. and there are more than enough hotel rooms.

The NCAA really needs to consider ease of travel. While Buffalo was an easy-to-reach venue if you're from the Northeast (and you were willing to drive), it is a tough city to fly into if you reside in other parts of the country. The Frozen Four host cities should be large enough that travel to the city isn't an issue.

Comment

I was at the first Fortress Invitational (or Vegas Ice Classic or whatever it was). Frozen four should be held in Vegas every year, IMO!!

Lots of fun to be had, great arena, and would draw people in like crazy!!! Seems like a no brainer, who the hell wants to go to Detroit??

Comment

If we can't have Tampa every year, I'd be ok with Vegas once in a while. And yes to Nashville as well.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Make it happen

Comment

Originally posted by LFofF View Post
              I just got back from the Fortress Invitational. The T-Mobile Arena is a fantastic venue and I think Vegas would rock-it as a Frozen Four host. It is easy to get to from throughout the U.S. and there are more than enough hotel rooms.

The NCAA really needs to consider ease of travel. While Buffalo was an easy-to-reach venue if you're from the Northeast (and you were willing to drive), it is a tough city to fly into if you reside in other parts of the country. The Frozen Four host cities should be large enough that travel to the city isn't an issue.
              Second!

San Jose would also be awesome.

/I may be biased.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

With one caveat being, what is the occupancy situation at that time in April? This past weekend worked well because I'm guessing the post-holiday weekend has a slight lull in people there. (Though with things heating up for CES later this week, maybe I'm overestimating that lull). Could spring breaks or people wanting to gamble on the Final Four cause prices to get pushed up?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

San Jose? Meh. But I admit that I really have no idea how that would go. Just on the surface it wouldn't excite me personally. I just hope something was learned from last year's disaster. Even in strong hockey markets, it might not matter as much as we think. Everyone has raved about Tampa. If you turned this into a true destination trip (no offense Detroit) and had Tampa, Vegas and Nashville involved I think it's worth a shot. If it fails at least you tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    If we can't have Tampa every year, I'd be ok with Vegas once in a while. And yes to Nashville as well.
                    Yes, Yes, and Yes!!
                    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Give me both of those, please. Mix in St. Paul, Tampa, Boston, and call it good.
                      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                        Give me both of those, please. Mix in St. Paul, Tampa, Boston, and call it good.
                        No. I've had enough St. Paul and enough Boston. Detroit every 10 years works for me. Tampa could be every other year and I'd go.

Vegas would be fun. Nashville on occasion.
                        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G
                        7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                        6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                        5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                        5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                        2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                        2 Alaskan

Comment

Since Nashville is now the long term host of the SEC BBall tourney, them hosting the hockey FF at Bridgestone Arena is less likely. That would be a lot of weekend dates for the Predators to give up in a short period of time.

I’d love to see it there, but the logistics make it difficult.
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            San Jose? Meh. But I admit that I really have no idea how that would go. Just on the surface it wouldn't excite me personally. I just hope something was learned from last year's disaster. Even in strong hockey markets, it might not matter as much as we think. Everyone has raved about Tampa. If you turned this into a true destination trip (no offense Detroit) and had Tampa, Vegas and Nashville involved I think it's worth a shot. If it fails at least you tried it.
                            When Tampa was announced the first time, there were a lot of complaints and criticism in this very forum. Tampa blew everyone away with their event!
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Oh no question there. It probably reminded people of Anaheim in '99. From what I remember, that didn't go very well. But at the same time, isn't Tampa far more enticing than San Jose?

Comment

Working...
                              X